“Hells Canyon Raft - 3 days on the Snake River”
Review of Hells Canyon Raft

Hells Canyon Raft
Ranked #3 of 7 Tours in McCall
More attraction details
Owner description: Since 1982 we have outfitted river trips solely in Idaho. From our home and office on the canyon rim we are pleased to tailor a trip to your interests. Hells Canyon Raft offers 2-6 day professionally outfitted rafting and fishing trips. We challenge the myth that adventure travel has to be dangerous and uncomfortable. Instead, we create an ultra comfortable river trip in one of the most beautiful settings in the world. Hells Canyon Raft offers 2-6 day trips on the majestic Snake River through Hells Canyon, and the beautiful Lower Salmon River gorge.
McCall, Idaho
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Hells Canyon Raft - 3 days on the Snake River”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Wow. Hells Canyon Raft is amazing. I just got back from a 3-day raft trip on the Snake River. The guides were great…very safety-oriented and shared their knowledge of the geology and history of the area we were in, and were just fun people to be around. This was a luxurious camping trip. The tents were already set up by the time we arrived at our camp site, and the guides prepared fabulous meals 3 times a day (Sourdough pancakes for breakfast….grilled salmon for dinner…and yummy dutch oven deserts). The rapids were exciting, but not scary. And we stopped at many points of interest on the way down the canyon to view petroglyphs and historic homesteads. I want to go again!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank jesswren

Zimmerman, Minnesota
“hells canyon rafting”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

What a fun experience to add to my bucket list. Great fun. Excellent food. Entertaining guides. Exciting and extremely fun but safe. Do as much or as little as you like with kayaks and rafts. Beautiful scenery. Would love to do it again some day.

Cambridge, Minnesota
“Fantastic fun!”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Just returned home from the 3 day HCR trip down the Snake river. The rafting guides were excellent! Class 2-4 rapids! The guides provided an assortment of experiences from how to safely navigate big rapids in inflatable kayaks, paddling thru rapids, or oaring thru quiet water. The camp sites were nicely set up, and the food was EXCELLENT! I cannot say enough about how much fun our group had. Lots of laughs, and great memories! Felt very safe. Many in our group enjoyed fishing. Lots of bass, a trout, but the sturgeon eluded being reeled in.

San Francisco
“Epic River Trip, Awesome company”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I just got back from my 3rd trip with HCR (2nd on the Snake River) and definitely won't be my last. My most recent trip was filled with so many incredibly fun memories, I was sad when it was all over. If you've got a desire to have an amazing outdoor experience, book a trip through HCR (operated by Kurt and Heidi). I cannot recommend them enough! They always deliver brilliantly executed trips. This last trip I went on was for 3 day/2night rafting trip and I wish I had booked a longer trip when it was over! (tip: book a longer time on the river than you think you'll want.) The trip was loaded with excitement but also allowed me to relax with some super nice creature comforts. I think I slept better on the river than I do in my own bed! The food was also very delicious. I cook a lot and have a high bar when it comes to food. Every dish was cooked with care, seasoned perfectly and totally hit the spot. Eating well was important because we had action packed days in the whitewater. Our group had a lot of fun getting wet. The weather was hot during our trip which made the rapids an intense and refreshing distraction.

Looking back on the trip, I think the one thing that really stands out were the guides. Their knowledge, professionalism, and hard work assured us a great trip. I look forward to trip #4!

San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Hells Canyon Raft Rocks”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

This was my first trip with Hells Canyon Raft, and it will definitely not be my last. If you are looking for an exciting, outdoor adventure where you can hike, fish, raft, kayak and swim all while being pampered by a super fun, knowledgable and highly professional staff, then you must go on this trip.

Because this was my first river rafting trip, I really appreciated the safety talk they gave before we got started. It demonstrated to me that safety was absolutely key for our river guides and put me at ease right at the beginning. I was able to relax because I felt completely confident in their priorities and skills.

Then, while we were on the river we saw a black bear! A bald eagle! A river otter! And deer and sheep! We made stops along the way to take beautiful and highly informational hikes. We picked and ate fresh apricots and learned about the life of people homesteading in the canyon long ago.

Completely unexpected but totally amazing was the luxurious and gourmet camping experience we were treated to each night. The guides take care of everything at camp - they cook, clean and set up your tent, sleeping bag and sleeping pad. All you need to do is enjoy the fresh air, have fun, relax and sleep in absolute comfort and style.

And the food! On the first night we had baked brie in filo dough to start, salmon with a delicious apricot sauce, freshly baked beer bread, and even an upside-down cake for dessert. The second night we were treated to rib eye steak with a red wine reduction, grilled pineapple and vegetables and chocolate cake for dessert. Little did anyone in our group realize we were not going to lose weight on this trip, but certainly, no one was complaining! We could not believe what great cooks our guides were, in addition to being such experts on the water.

Probably the most surprising and wonderful aspects of the trip were the personal growth opportunities we did not see coming. Not only was it both a thrilling and relaxing vacation, but it also showed the members of our group that we could stretch our boundaries and dare to do things we had never dared before - like kayaking the first time through class 2 rapids or jumping off the top of Sturgeon rock.

It is safe to say that all six people on our trip were having the time of our lives as we screamed at the top of our lungs and yelled “again, again, again” to take the rapids just one more time.