“Best Trip Imaginable!”
Review of Hells Canyon Raft

Hells Canyon Raft
Ranked #3 of 6 Tours in McCall
More attraction details
Owner description: Since 1982 we have outfitted river trips solely in Idaho. From our home and office on the canyon rim we are pleased to tailor a trip to your interests. Hells Canyon Raft offers 2-6 day professionally outfitted rafting and fishing trips. We challenge the myth that adventure travel has to be dangerous and uncomfortable. Instead, we create an ultra comfortable river trip in one of the most beautiful settings in the world. Hells Canyon Raft offers 2-6 day trips on the majestic Snake River through Hells Canyon, and the beautiful Lower Salmon River gorge.
Portland, Oregon
“Best Trip Imaginable!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Went down the canyon last week with HCR and it was amazing. Had really high expectations going in and they were all exceeded. Couldn't have picked a better adventure or crew to do it with. Thanks guys!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank breakside

new jersey08527
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best outfitter in the area!!”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Went on 3 day trip with my kids
Can't say enough about how pleased we were with our decision to book our trip with HCR! The rafting, fishing , kayaking, food , and overall experience were above and beyond our expectations. Our guides mike and Patrick were top notch and the owner Kurt runs a class operation! Thanks guys for a great trip

Visited May 2014
1 Thank posse
Melissa, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Hells Canyon 5 Day”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

My father (77), son (12) & I went on a 5 day Hells Canyon trip in August with HCR. We were joined by 7 more guests who only booked 3 days, & they regretted not going the full trip! This is the adventure to take if you want outdoor excitement, natural/geologic/historical touring, great food & relaxation and the pleasure of camping (without the work). Our guides Eli, Pat, Mike & KC were professional, informed, attentive and FUN!
The rapids were a real rush! I paddled a kayak when the guides suggested a fun section downstream, but the oar boats & paddle boat were also very exciting. They were always working to adjust the ride to the passengers' comfort level. I don't think my father or son stopped grinning all day. The excursions were varied and a nice break off the water, we certainly learned quite a bit about the region. Such beautiful scenery & lots of wildlife. My son had great luck fishing and Eli taught him to fillet his catch.
We dined like kings, & slept like princes. The only real chore was unpacking / repacking my bag. I wish I'd brought less clothes & gear! Our guides had fresh coffee & hot breakfast prepared each morning, and every dinner was a feast. Baked brie w grapes? Rock Cornish Hen? And dessert... every night. They broke down camp while we guests enjoyed a cool morning, and every afternoon we arrived to cold drinks & pitched tents. HCR gives you an adventure with lots of time for relaxation. A rugged, outdoor trip with every modern comfort. Most importantly...no cellular service! A perfect getaway. I am anxious to bring my wife & teen daughter next season.
The guides worked hard with enthusiasm and good cheer. I truly felt like we were on a guest-centered trip. HCR employs good people. The water flow was low so we mostly motored out the last day, which was disappointing until I was offered a chance to run an oar boat unassisted. I have the utmost respect for their talents...I was wiped out after 15 minutes and sore for the next two days!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank sandjmurph
west bend WI
“bset raft trip ever”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We just returned from a 3 day trip on the Snake river. We have done other raft trips but this was the best yet. Dillon and Mike our guides were so friendly and hard working. We did nothing but float,fish and eat. The scenery was awesome. The rapids were fun. The fishing was great - 17 bass in one day. The food was superb. Who can complain about grilled salmon or steak so big you cannot eat it all? How about the warm chocolate cake topped with raspberries or the eggs benedict for breakfast? Our only complaint was that it was over too soon. We may have to do this again.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank sue j
Baltimore, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Unbelievable Family Vacation”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We took a 5 day family trip and our very high expectations were blown away. I can not say enough about how fantastic the trip was and especially the guides. They made the trip!! Our family has done a bunch of outdoor vacations and rafted a number of other rivers and this was by far the best.

Kevin P (Baltimore, MD)