“Wonderful 1-Day Trip on the Salmon River”
Review of Salmon Raft

Salmon Raft
Ranked #1 of 7 Tours in McCall
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Single day and multi day whitewater rafting excursions on the Salmon River! Trips leave daily from downtown McCall, with round-trip transportation included. Fun, splashy, and playful rapids for all adventure levels. Gourmet meals, white sand beaches, crystal clear and warm water. What more could you ask for?
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We had a wonderful day with Salmon Raft. The owners/operators are a wonderful couple. They took great care of us and our friends. The guide was very professional and capable and made the trip fun! A yummy lunch (including homemade cookies and potato salad!) was provided. Couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Everything about this rafting company was fabulous! Earlier this summer I contacted them from their website about possible dates and Lauren responded very quickly. We confirmed our trip and had a quick call to provide payment details and we were done. My family did a one-day rafting trip on August 6th and it was great! Everything was on schedule and as communicated. We met Lauren at the ending point for a shuttle to the start. She was on time and was a very safe driver on a small/narrow road. The rafting trip was quick to get started and we had GREAT guide - JAKE! He was a great 'rafter', but was also very funny and entertaining. We experienced some very good rapids and had the opportunity to swim/float several times during the day. Lunch was very yummy - my teenage kids even commented that it was a gourmet lunch (as advertised)!! I would not change a thing about this trip. I hope we will have the opportunity to do an overnight trip next time!

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Chris and Lauren were fantastic. The trip was well planned, food tasted great, and the water was perfect. We have been on whitewater trips before and this ranks with the best. We will definitely be back next year, hopefully for a multi-day trips. Everyone was all smiles. Thanks to Salmon Raft for a fantastic day on a beautiful river.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

My husband and I chose Salmon Raft for our anniversary trip and we had a great time we will always remember. Everyone was so kind, professional and they gave 100%. They made sure we were taken care of and felt safe while having and absolute blast!! They had our favorite drinks and delicious homemade cookies ready for us. I can't say enough about how wonderful these people are. I would highly recommend Salmon Raft to everyone!!

Reviewed 11 July 2013

I've been on a number of raft trips in my time, from day trips to multi-day, and even organized a couple overnight float trips back in my college days. I know how much work goes into pulling off a good overnight river trip and how many different things can go wrong to spoil the experience. Salmon Raft made the planning and coordination look easy and provided my wife and I the best trip yet. I would have been even happier if they could have increased the flow in the Salmon River, but my wife was on only her second raft trip and appreciated the class II and III rapids and Salmon Raft's focus on safety and comfort. While we had only five people to a raft, we saw many of the other raft companies packing ten or eleven guests to a boat. I'm so glad that wasn't us! I hope the owners can maintain their genuine, personal service and "part of their family" feel as word gets out about them. The food they provided was fresh, good and plentiful. Jake had the overnight camp area all set up for us when we pulled in, including a cold beer and appetizers. The guides were all friendly and service oriented. What else can one say? I can't think of anything to caution others on about planning a trip with this company. Our experience was a great value for the price. Time will tell if it possible to keep it up because the other trips I have been on were not like this. I plan on doing the same trip with them next year and drag some of our friends along and we will see

1  Thank Bill R