“First Rafting Experience But it Got Me Hooked!”
Review of Salmon Raft

Salmon Raft
Ranked #1 of 7 Tours in McCall
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Single day and multi day whitewater rafting excursions on the Salmon River! Trips leave daily from downtown McCall, with round-trip transportation included. Fun, splashy, and playful rapids for all adventure levels. Gourmet meals, white sand beaches, crystal clear and warm water. What more could you ask for?
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was my first rafting experience, but I am now definitely hooked. From the minute we showed up, Chris was helpful, informative, and friendly. The snacks provided were just what you need on a trip like this--Lauren even baked us cookies (which were AMAZING). I have never laughed so hard in my life, and look forward to doing this again. My friends and I are even thinking of booking a 2-4 day trip in the future :)

All reviews
"every aspect"
"great lunch"
"beautiful scenery"

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Great time floating down the Salmon river with buddies and our guide/captain Chris. We did the 3 hour trip, was a great mix of rapids for the ole adrenaline and smooth waters where you can float along and enjoy the scenery and company. Chris was great and made us feel right at home on the river, even brought along some home made cookies for us to snack on - thanks Lauren! Highly recommend this adventure to anybody - if we get the chance to be back in the area we would absolutely look into floating down the Salmon River with this team again.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This was my first time rafting, and based on my amazing experience with Chris and his crew I will definitely do it again!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Chris and Lauren, the owners, are great. Lauren was timely returning emails and always available by phone to answer questions. Chris was an awesome guide on the river....safe, knowledgable, and friendly. Our trip was modified to accommodate a 6 and 8 year old, as well as two seniors. The lunch was well thought out and delicious. They went to the trouble to bring a lot of fresh and healthy food to meet everyone's tastes. All the guides on our trip were fun and friendly. I highly recommend Salmon Raft!

1  Thank Torina F
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We picked Salmon Raft since they offered 2 or 3 day trips (rather than week long ones), and Lauren took the time to understand that we were after scenery rather than a dunking in the rapids found on other areas of the river. All the pre-trip work was a breeze including the prep session the night before. Leaving the car at the takeout was an aid to our return home. The dry bags kept our belongings intact, but allowed fast access to the camera (a must) and fishing gear. I wish we had brought along our binoculars.
While the refreshing cool waters and cloudless sky over a warm air temp were perfect conditions, Chris's handling of the float and the arrangements was flawless. The Salmon has great scenery and wildlife, but perhaps the biggest surprise was the powdery fine white sand beaches that served as stopping points for lunch, swims, fishing, and camping. The meals were over the top with grilled steak, fresh baked chocolate cake (at the river in contrast to the load of cookies that Lauren made to get us going). We learned a lot about the rapids of the spring run off and were just as happy to miss them, though I am sure adventure seekers will find them thrilling and Chris's navigation expert. It is difficult to call this camping as your tent and sleeping pad are on the soft sand devoid of tropical insects that such sand on islands often harbor. We were overdosed with relaxation at the end of our overnight trip.
This was a good value for the money, as the logistics of putting in, taking out, etc. are complex. The extra equipment to support a trip of this caliber justify some of the expense as well; and then there is the guide with his years of expertise, safety training, and patience to deal with our many questions. We do not normally partake of vacation "activities"; I am really glad we added Salmon Raft to round out a great trip to McCall.
While we had the solitude of just two of us on the trip, I can well imagine that this trip would be great for families, groups of friends, of even strangers of a like mind wanting to visit a wild river.
The company was fairly busy with some day trips, so I would suggest one reserve early for an overnight.