“Great view of Payette Lake” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Donnelly, Idaho
“Great view of Payette Lake”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

This is a great spot, especially in the summer where you can enjoy your well prepared pasta overlooking a stunning Payette Lake.

Visited August 2011

Meridian, Idaho
“DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2011

Terrible experience,the service was TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!! the food was TERRIBLE... we didn't eat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!People screaming in a bar upstairs
WHAT A WASTE OF TIME !!!!!

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank Mafe M
Lawrence, Kansas
“Good food, great view.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

We have been spending a week or two in McCall every summer for some 24 years, and always go to Romano's at least once. Moderately priced, competently prepared food, personable and efficient service, and weather permitting, wonderful lake and mountain views from the outside deck. This is an informal place serving mostly Americanized Italian fare, the wine list is adequate, and the clientele tends to be fiercely loyal. There are persistent rumors that the property owner would like to demolish this semi-historic building and replace it with cash cow condos, alas.

• Visited August 2011
Fresno
“An Amazing Treat"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

I booked my son's wedding rehearsal dinner for 40 people at Romano's before I read your reviews online. I chose Romanos because the food is Italian (and many of us are Italian, the location on the patio overlooking the lade sounded beautiful, and the prices were reasonable). I did this all over the telephone...Then one day I looked online--just for curiosity--and couldn't believe some of the negative comments. I had to write to give our opinion. I found out that "Diane" the head cook, and maybe the manager, worked at Romanos for 22 years. She suggested 3 entrees for our group. They were delicious. All of it was handmade...I know. I loved the salad. The Lasagne were great. The Shrimp Florentine was so yummy and the Chicken Piccata was excellent! It was topped off with the spamoni ice cream and a cookie. "Sue" and the other waitresses kept on bring food throughout the evening. There was so much. We were asked if they could box up the leftovers. Some of the folks who were had rented houses took the food. The rest of us from Calif., Texas, Pennsylvania, and Boise were staying in hotels and obviously could not.
This event could not have been nicer. The location overlooking the lake, the food, the service were tops. Everyone complimented us on the event. It was An Amazing Treat.
Thank you Romano's Restaurant!!

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank OliviaFresno
South Lake Tahoe, CA
“Not as bad as the other reviews would have you think”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2011

After seeing all the bad reviews on this site, I was aprehensive about eating here. I am of Italian decsent, can make almost everything, so I am a pretty harsh critic. We sat outside on a beautiful summer evening. Right on the lake, gorgeous views. The house salad was served family style (a la olive garden), but it was good. The bread served was sourdough, not french which surprised me. The portions were large. I usually always order eggplant parmesean, but that was not on the menu although chicken parmesean was. I ordered the ghinocci, fettucini with italian sausage & red bell pepper in a cream sauce. It was very good, I usually only get the red sauce. My husband had spaghetti & meatballs. Alot of meatballs! The red sauce was very bland, probably a canned sysco product. Looking at plates of other diners, the lasagna looked great as well as the chicken florentine. Wine list price was reasonable. Will definately go back to try other entrees.

• Visited July 2011