“excellent service, delicious breakfast !”

The Pancake House and Christmas Shop
Ranked #1 of 63 Restaurants in McCall
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Santa Cruz, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent service, delicious breakfast !”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have spent a great summer vacation by the Payette lake with family and had our breakfast in The Pancake House, We really liked the pancakes, omeletts, hash browns, espressos and more.
Recommend this delicious and beautiful place, excellent food and service.

• Visited July 2014

“McCall classic you should try for breakfast”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

When in McCall our family always attempts to have at least one meal at the Pancake House. My wife enjoys browing their gift shop too.

Wait times on weekends in the summer can be long, so be prepared to wait.

• Visited August 2014
Corvallis, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Popular, but worth a wait”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I've had times where we got a table as soon as we walked in the door, and I've experienced a 30+ minute wait. However, there is no better breakfast. The cinnamon rolls are as large as a dinner plate, and the decorations (vintage tins, vibrant flowers, and year round Christmas stuff, if I'm not mistaken) are a fun part of the experience.

• Visited June 2014
Tucson, Arizona
“Beautiful setting”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We moved to mccall ten years ago. Used to love to take the family to the Pancake House when they visit.
Last time we visited ( two years ago) after waiting forever for a table and also the owner yelling at me and my granddaughter to get away from the flowers (she was smelling them, not touching) we all decided the food and service was not worth the wait. We have not been back.
It's possible things have changed since then but based on our last visit we can get a better and happier breakfast experience in McCall.

Visited July 2014
Boise, Idaho
“The Pancake House should be on everyone's McCall bucketlist”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Every visit to McCall for our family includes a stop at the Pancake House. With high vaulted ceilings and vintage western decor, the restaurant has a "fun" feel. It is very kid friendly, though we have learned that even the kid portions are so large that it is better for our little ones (three boys 7 and younger) to share meals.

Breakfasts offer traditional (and delicious) pancake, french toast, and waffle options. Don't forget the try the delicious Huckleberry syrup! It's wonderful! They also have great hams, sausages, and bacon. I've yet to order something that I didn't love.

There are also more traditional lunch and dinner offerings. In the past I've ordered sandwiches and soups and have not been disappointed.

Our last trip to the Pancake House was for an afternoon "snack" to tide the kids over on the trip back to Boise. We ordered French toast, two pancakes, and a cinnamon roll to share between us. The two pancakes filled an enormous plate! The cinnamon roll also filled a plate! The French toast was delicious. The cinnamon roll was very good, but tasted like the bread was starting to go a little stale (perhaps it was a day or so old). Still, it was very good.

I highly recommend the Pancake House.

• Visited July 2014