“Wonderful wonderful all around”
Review of Brundage Inn

Brundage Inn
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in McCall
“Wonderful wonderful all around”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Came into town for a friends wedding. The inn was already offering a 25% discount for wedding guests and we recoeved a well priced room. We were delayed getting into McCall by a couple of hours so the inn keeper unlocked our door and left the keys inside for us so we would have a room to sleep in. Turned out that we also got a free room upgrade. Because we were staying longer than other wedding guests. The beds are so comfortable, the room was very clean, and we had brand new sheets. Very cute and cozy cabin style rooms. A+ review! Highly recommend this as a place to stay. It's more affordable than most of the other hotels in town.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Georgia E
Brandie83638, Manager at Brundage Inn, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I'm sorry I didn't respond to this review sooner. We loved having the wedding guest's stay here at Brundage Inn.
I am also very happy that you were comfortable and liked your room. Those are two things that are very important to us. We do hope you will return again soon. Thank you again for your review it is a pleasure to see such wonderful words about our hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 15 March 2014

This is a friendly and clean spot to stay. The staff is really nice, the rooms are clean and well kept and the price is exceptional. We've stayed nine or ten weekends this season and we are always greeted with a smile by the manager with our room ready to go. It is an excellent way to get to explore a lot of the great thing about McCall for a reasonable price.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank 534Mike
Brandie83638, Manager at Brundage Inn, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Mike,
Thank you for staying with us. You and your family were an absolute delight to have stay during the ski season! I hope you will stay again next Winter or any other time. Thank you also for posting a review. It was truly my pleasure to have you and your family stay with us.

Brandie
Manager Brundage Inn
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Wonderful place to stay. Have stayed here multiple weekends and always leave satisfied. Clean rooms and friendly staff make this Inn! Close to skiing, close to town. What can compare!! Highly recommend!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank tricia s
Brandie83638, Manager at Brundage Inn, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Tricia,
Thank you so much for your review. It has been a pleasure to have you and your family stay at the Brundage Inn. We sincerely hope that you will continue to stay with us, when ever you visit McCall. Thank You again, Brandie Francis (On-site Manager) Brundage Inn
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 12 March 2014

First off, the inn is clean, beds are reasonably comfortable, the one staff there was pleasant. For the price, there are not many amenities. When we arrived there they were advertising "any 2 night for $99", and we were paying $89 per night, pre-paid through expedia (to get a lower rate!). There is no lobby that I could see, possibly a room next to the "inn keepers" desk, but that area was too smoky to stay in for very long. The rooms are small. The microwave and frig worked well, but no table to eat or prepare food. The room was VERY HOT, it took about 24 hours of turning off the heat register for the room to cool down.
There is no housekeeping unless you ask. The staff person told us to put a card on the door handle, there were no cards to hang on the door handle in the room. I had to empty my own garbages (which meant bothering the "inn keeper" for a replacement bag). There were no instructions for the wi-fi (which did work well), and I had to bother the staff person to ask about the wi-fi, and her first response was the information was in the room (it was not) and then she told me how to access wi-fi after assuring her this info was NOT available in the room. The inn is on the highway, highway noise was bothersome, especially when we had to open the window to cool down the room.
Advise: don't book online. I could not change the pre-paid reservation or cancel (too late by the time we arrived and saw the sign). This is more like a hostel than a full service motel. There was only one staff person who was not there all the time. I would have felt better about the stay at $50 or less per night.

Room Tip: Don't book online. Ask for room away from the highway
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Brandie83638, Manager at Brundage Inn, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Tattered59,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry about the online booking issue. However, when booking online you will not know about specials we are running. I didn't realize there was no door tag until your husband came to the office. I was happy to service the room, assist you with the garbage. I do have to leave the building on occasion and we have limited office hours. I would have been happy to move you to a different room, However, when you book online everything is prearranged. All of your points are valid and I will be sure to check all rooms for door tags. I had trouble getting the damper opened on the fireplace which caused smoke in the office. Thank you for staying at the Brundage Inn. I have noted your file. Should you choose to stay again please call 208-634-2344. I will be sure to put in a room on the North side of the building. Thank you, Brandie Francis (On-site Manager @ Brundage Inn
Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed 29 January 2014

What a great place! I arrived after hours after a long day. The front desk lady was friendly and smiled as I checked in, even though it was late. The room was warm and comfortable, with the heat on, which was great, as it was very cold outside! (Most hotels turn the heat down, and you walk into an icebox) The bed was really comfortable, also unlike most hotels... It gave me the rest I needed. Hot water quick for the shower! Thanks!

Room Tip: book here for close access to Brundage Mountain skiing!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Marvin C
Brandie83638, Manager at Brundage Inn, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Thank you Marvin C.,
I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay. When I know a guest is arriving I try to make sure the room is warm and comfortable. It is my top priority to make sure you will be happy and well rested for whatever you have planned while you're in McCall. Please come stay again.

Brandie Francis

Manager Brundage Inn
Nampa, Idaho
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Our family has stayed here many times over the years. Friendly staff, comfortable,clean rooms. We get the room with the double and two twins and futon. We bring an air mattress from home for the futon. My wife and I like the futon Its right by the fireplace,very romantic. It has a kitchenette which cuts down on food costs. We start the slow cooker up before we go skiing and we are set when we get back.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank rmberg3
Middleton, Idaho
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I was recently up in McCall for a wedding and had the pleasure of staying at the Brundage Inn. The lady at the front desk was so helpful and friendly and the room was clean and comfortable.
I will definitely be making reservations here again soon

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near McCall
Best Western Plus Mccall Lodge & Suites
#2 of 2 in Donnelly
The Rustic Inn
The Rustic Inn
#6 of 8 in McCall

Been to Brundage Inn? Share your experiences!