“Great Service”

Steamers Steak & Seafood
Ranked #7 of 66 Restaurants in McCall
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Having seen this establishment several times over the past years we decided it was time to give it a try for late night dinner and we were pleased! Our serves was great, as well as the choices of food, beer and wine! We had scallop appetizer that was very good; the Pear salad was really good and the Veal was fabulous! They do not scrimp on portions so we shared the dinner and were stuffed between the appetizer, salad, veal and warm bread! The atmosphere is a bit divvy, but we like that, it is in an old building but seemed clean and well kept. We will go again when the opportunity presents itself!

Reviewed 27 September 2013

This is my husband & I's go-to expensive date-night place. Valentine's, anniversary, this is where we go. We always get the mussels in garlic sauce to start, I get Alaskan King Crab legs and my husband gets steak and scallops. Three times we have gotten the same meal, and are never disappointed (I even have family on the Puget Sound, where the best crab is and I am even impressed by the quality of what I got here!)

The service is attentive, but not overbearing. They are aware when you are looking for a quiet, romantic outing and don't pester you all night. Fantastic.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Ate here twice during a recent stay, both times a pleasant experience. I had the pan-fried oysters and lake trout (both very good) and my wife vouches for the stuffed halibut.

One nice menu option is to expand appetizers into a meal by adding soup and vegetables (I should mention that the New England clam chowder was okay but nothing special).

Dessert options are limited but included a good bread pudding.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

WOW! The food and service were great!!! Our waiter was courteous, friendly, and very helpful and attentive. We both had the Halibut stuffed with crab and shrimp and cover with a le blanc sauce. AMAZING!! Very tender and tasty. We also had an appetizer of scallops. The food was a great quality and price and was just what we were looking for. We would HIGHLY recommend this place.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

My wife and I ate here recently based on Steamers' reputation of being one of the best restaurants in McCall, but I would say the food and atmosphere were only so-so. Given the price, I expected better quality.

Been to Steamers Steak & Seafood? Share your experiences!