“McCall Best Western”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in McCall
Buhl, United States
“McCall Best Western”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Very nice, excellent service! Clean and up to date facilities. Very accommodating for the cold weather and diesel vehicles that need to plug in. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good and things were kept filled and hot.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BestWesternMccall, General Manager at Best Western Plus Mccall Lodge & Suites, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Thank you so much for choosing BEST WESTERN PLUS McCall Lodge and Suites for your stay in beautiful McCall. What a great review. Thank you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Eagle, Idaho
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I stayed at this property before and found it very good, so I didn't hesitate to book there again for a week-long stay to work and catch up on sleep while my middle schoolers attended an area camp. Unfortunately, this stay was terrible at the worst and poor at best.

TERRIBLE
I was not informed that the lodge was undergoing rennovations when I booked my week-long stay or when I checked in. Instead, a small sign was placed near an elevator--something I didn't notice until later, as I usually take the stairs. Our assigned room was directly above the workers' trucks--where the noise began before 8:00 a.m. and continued into the evening. When the workers weren't outside opening/closing doors and rolling noisy loads, they were inside hammering--often directly above my room. Any rest during this time was IMPOSSIBLE and concentrating on work was VERY DIFFICULT, as the noise was literally non-stop for at least 10 hours at day for the duration of my stay.

I learned at checkout that the workers were installing carpet on the third floor. The number of cars in the parking lot indicates that occupancy was very low during my stay--leaving me baffled as to why I wasn't given a room on the first floor (two floors from the work) OR in an area away from the center of workers' activity.

POOR
The room heater was noisy and woke me up each time it turned on and off throughout the night. In addition, the temperature control seemed poorly calibrated as the room was sweltering at 65, but too cold at 64.

I was dissatisfied with the fitness room--where the three machines were crowded into half of the already-small room. The room was also very cold as a window had been left open in freezing weather, perhaps to air out new carpet smell.

Finally, I would have liked to have been able to enjoy some of the hot breakfast items, but couldn't find any information to indicate whether the eggs, sausage, and hash browns were gluten-free and safe to eat.

At this point, I am unsure whether I would ever stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask first if they are still undergoing renovation. If so, ask for a room FAR, FAR AWAY from the end...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at our property. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience. If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 208-634-2230.
Discovery Bay, CA, United States
Reviewed 17 November 2013

The Best Western Plus McCall Lodge and Suites is definitely a cut above most all the hotel chains. Our trips are planned via McCall, ID for that reason. The staff does an excellent job not only from check-in to a very well prepared breakfast, but also suggesting which restaurants to go to depending upon what your "fancies" would be. Very thankful for all they do to make your stay as memorable as possible, they did it again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

This is such a wonderful review. We appreciate it so much! If you ever drive through Idaho again, please come visit us again.
Nampa, United States
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My girlfriend and I, along with our kids, love getting away for a weekend up in McCall. We have stayed at various places in McCall or the surrounding area but, the majority of the time we stay at the Best Western. I think it has the greatest value when you compare what you get for the price you pay. We all love the indoor heated pool, hot tub and sauna area. The hot breakfast is good: Belgian waffles, sausage, hash browns, cereal, breads, fruits, yogurt, and coffee with flavored creamers. Around 5 pm each evening the staff makes fresh baked cookies which are nice. The rooms are clean, there is a nice lobby area with a fireplace that you can sit and read, watch TV, use one of their two internet station, etc. I would highly recommend the Best Western in McCall, ID Jim Davis Nampa, ID

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback! We are thankful you chose BEST WESTERN PLUS McCall Lodge and Suites for your stay in McCall.
Boise, United States
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the McCall Lodge & Suites. The hotel was beautiful and so much more than we were expecting for the price. Pleasant, helpful staff and a satisfying breakfast. We plan to make this the hotel we stay at when we visit McCall, Idaho.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We are thrilled and happy to know that you had such a wonderful stay. Thank you for your feedbck! Please come and see us again soon!
McMinnville, United States
Reviewed 7 November 2013

This was a nice hotel to stay at. They had great accommodations. The rooms were spacious and clean. I had some problems with noise outside my room, and the staff was able to move me across the hall, and my room was nice and quiet.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We appreciate your feedback! I am happy to hear you had a great stay and that the staff was helpful. Please come see us again soon!
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I loved staying at this hotel because of the excellent service offered by the staff. They offered great advice on things to do in McCall which made my trip even more worthwhile. The room was nice and clean and the breakfast was very good. I will stay here in the near future.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback for you stay in McCall! We are so happy you had such a wonderful time at our hotel and in town. Visit us again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near McCall
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Hunt Lodge
#4 of 8 in McCall
The Rustic Inn
The Rustic Inn
#6 of 8 in McCall

Been to Best Western Plus Mccall Lodge & Suites? Share your experiences!