Third Street Inn
Brundage Inn(McCall)
Tamarack Resort(Donnelly)
Ashley Inn(Cascade)
View Hotel
All reviewshot tubwaffle mixbeds were very comfortablecoffee makercontinental breakfastwithin walking distancenice breakfastenjoyed our stayfront desk staffcouchfridgelakefixtures
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Don't expect anything fancy when you stay here, but overall it was a good experience. Very close to everything in town, and the rooms were very quiet. When my husband and I got to our room is smelled of smoke, but we went to the desk and told them and they very quickly changed our room. The breakfast was wonderful--hot and tasty! That alone was worth the hotel stay. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2014

ABVI in McCall is a nice motel (not a fancy HOTEL nor did I expect that). It is a step above Super 8, etc. and a good choice for reasonable place to stay in high priced McCall. I had stayed there last fall and really enjoyed it so was looking forward to coming back. The motel itself, Wi-Fi, and pool areas were fine. My king room was pleasant enough for the money and clean. The bathroom was a tight squeeze but that is to be expected in this price range.
A couple problems--I went down early for breakfast. This was the day our time changed. It did not seem quite ready on time. The waffle irons had not been cleaned from the day before. When I complained that it was sticking (and the waffle mix was very runny) they seemed to blame me. There were biscuits and an empty crock pot (gravy) that was sorely missed. I ended up having some of the yogurt and OJ. It was fine. The "french toast" they had was extremely thin and did not ever brown up in the toaster.
Three times during the trip I left the motel and each time I came back there was a crowd of employees (maids, desk clerks, etc) sitting around the front door smoking. Although they jumped up and ran inside, this was very tacky...especially for 2014.
Overall, I will stay there again as the first time I was there the breakfast and people were great. I would give another chance.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We stayed here for a 3 day weekend ski trip and brought along our 3 girls. Got a good rate of $54 per night on Priceline, which was a large savings over the other options in town. The room was clean and spacious. The hotel staff is friendly and provided a rollaway bed free of charge for our girls that couldn't manage to get along while sharing a bed. The breakfast had many options, and the pool and hot tub were very nice. The hotel is a bit dated but all areas are kept very clean, and that is what is important to us. Also, if it were updated, the price would probably reflect that as well! My only complaint is that the bed sheets seem too small for the mattresses and don't stay on, and next time I would certainly bring my own pillows. Also that there are piles of dog poop outside due to irresponsible pet owners not cleaning up after their dogs. Overall a good value for the money and a very kid friendly hotel. We wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Overall we had a very nice stay. We had a minor issue with the room and the Hotel Manager was apologetic and fixed the issue. Excellent service. Hotel is in a good location within walking distance to shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
TimWML, General Manager at Third Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you kindly for your feedback. We always appreciate when a guest lets us know how we are doing. We will be sure to pass along your compliments to our staff.

We hope to see you again soon!

Tim Cogdill

Reviewed 20 January 2014

I was over inadvertantly overbooked for a better hotel in McCall. They refered me to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites (AVI&S). (AVI&S) is lower end, with poor quality beds. My son and I had a king bed that had broken down edges, You about fall off the bed at night. On top of that, I parked my vehicle in front of the manager window, thinking it would be safe. NOT SO MUCH! When my son and I got in our car to go skiing the next morning, we had a completely flat tire. After it was toed to the Chevron station and tire checked, It was discovered there was NO PROBLEM with my tire. Chevron mechanic thought vandles let the air out of my tire. Two and a half hours lost (no skiing) and money wasted! Sketchy characters at the (AVI&S)!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank C S
timcogdill, General Manager at Third Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Thank you for your feedback.

I want to apologize for your stay being well below your expectations. I also want to personally invite you to contact me directly at the hotel so that I may speak to you further regarding your situation. I did review our guest log book and asked the front desk team if a guest had made contact that did match your issues but was not successful in determining a match.

We are one of a few budget hotels in McCall. We are proud of the fact that McCall has a diverse offering of five star to two star hotels. We, like any hotel take pride in our clientele of which 90% come from Boise. We do require a major credit card at check in and we do strive to ensure we follow the hotel industry standard of good hotelier practices.

Again, I sincerely apologize for your experience.

Tim Cogdill