“Great place and better service”
Review of Shore Lodge

and 1 more site!
Shore Lodge
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in McCall
Rockville, Maryland
“Great place and better service”
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed for three nights over Labor Day weekend. There were several weddings but it never seemed crowded. A great night was listening to the band in the bar and staying after to eat. The ribs were fabulous! Everyone working there was very friendly and ready to assist. Whitetail golf course as part of the package is a must for golfers. Make sure you stay on the lakeside

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Englewood, Florida
Reviewed 29 August 2013

This is truly a beautiful place. They make you feel very special. Our view was like a post card, with the mountains surrounding the lake, sailboats, etc. We visited for 4 days beginning July 4, 2013. I would love to return with our whole family. We could enjoy the beach right from our balcony. Our room was immaculate and kept that way during our stay by their staff, without us ever seeing them!! The bed was very comfortable and the shower great. I loved the soaps there and am going to try to order some. I cannot say enough about what a fabulous place and kind staff. We loved it there.

Room Tip: We loved our on the 3rd floor with a balcony overlooking the beach. Perfect for watching the fire w...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 24 August 2013

The hotel itself is pretty awesome, the views are amazing but what ever you do do not stay in what they call the "Garden View room" as others have mentioned the room smells like carpet freshner and the view consisted of nothing more than a roof and gutter! Very disappointing. No closet, no tub, the mirror on the wall hangs behind the TV? The bathroom was very small! If you can afford to upgrade to a lake view room I highly recommend it!

Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Shawn Q
Golden, Colorado
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We stayed at the Shore Lodge for a friend's wedding. The location was fantastic, the views were gorgeous, and the rooms were very nice and comfortable. Unfortunately, in our rush to leave and make it back for a flight out of Boise, my husband and I managed to leave all of our running clothes in a drawer. We realized our mistake less than a week after our stay. At that point, I called the Shore Lodge to see if our items had been found. After multiple calls with the front desk (none of which where they called me back -- I had to initiate each call), I was told that the items had not been found and I was finally put in contact with the manager of housekeeping. At first he was quite responsive -- calling me back to tell me that they were searching for our items. But then I never heard back again. After calling back myself, I was told that the items were not found but they would let me know if they ever were.

Unfortunately, I can't help but suspect that someone chose to keep them and take them home. The items were used, but name brand. The frustrating part is that some of the items were personal favorites that are no longer made and so I can't even replace them. It seems to me when you pay as much as you do for the rooms at Shore Lodge (we were in an upgraded room with a balcony and view of the lake), you should be able to get your stinky running clothes back if you accidentally leave them there. At the very least, they should be able to call you back. Sadly, it made me question the integrity of the employees and taints the memory of our stay. Very disapointing!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank GoldenTraveler2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

Shore Lodge is incredible. Easy access off main road, friendly and attentive staff, food & bar (with live music) on site, water sports, sits directly on lake. The decor is dated but still nice. Newer bathrooms with granite & loved the soap/shampoo amenities- smells incredible! Chocolate chip cookie for turn down service? Yes please. Lacks many business options- this is clearly the place to come & relax. Would love to return!

• Stayed August 2013
Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

I had not been here in 30+ years. We used to come every summer when my dad had a meeting here and we always looked forward to it. We had a garden view room, which usually just means the parking lot, but our view was a roof and large ventilation unit, but it was very quiet and no noise from the parking lot. The room had a nice sitting area with 2 comfy chairs. The bed was very comfortable. The "English manor" decor was a little odd along with all of the gold fixtures. I was expecting something more rustic for decor. There were tea bags in the room, but no way to prepare the tea - if you used the coffee pot your tea would taste like coffee. Obviously no one thought that through carefully. The toiletries are wonderful - all of them are from the spa. It was very easy to plug in my Cpap machine - there were unused outlets near the bed. There were complimentary wine and snacks at check-in. A little more orientation at check-in would be nice. Pretty much all they do is tell you how to find your room (HINT: no elevators). Would be nice to know about pool/beach towels, location of hotel facilities, availability of hotel shuttle, spa, etc. Staffing was rather hit or miss. The hotel was full, yet staffing was too thin. There were desks where staff should have been, but no one was there. Seems like there should always be someone near the front door to welcome and direct you.

• Stayed August 2013
Kirkland, Washington
Reviewed 18 August 2013

The Shore Lodge is a destination that ill not disappoint. The facility is nearly perfect and the staff is an A+. This is a resort that will jot disappoint. Make sure you eat at the Narrows Restaurant. The menu is terrific and the prices are reasonable.

Room Tip: The lake front view suites are the way to go.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near McCall
Best Western Plus Mccall Lodge & Suites
#4 of 8 in McCall
The Rustic Inn
The Rustic Inn
#6 of 8 in McCall

Been to Shore Lodge? Share your experiences!