“Slept Like A Log”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Meridian / Boise West
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Meridian
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Traveling from Washington State to Phoenix, AZ we stopped here for the evening. At first was concerned that being close the to freeway might be a bit noisy. Once in the room (facing the freeway) we could not hear any traffic or other distracting noise. We enjoyed the evening and slept very well. In the morning, we enjoyed the free breakfast (waffles, eggs, fruit, coffee and biscuits). The price was very reasonable and the staff were friendly, courteous and helpful. If we are in need for a hotel in the Boise area, we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Portland, Oregon, USA
Reviewed 8 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I got into Boise on a long drive, with a long trek planned in the morning as well. The hotel was a little hard to find, I had to exit the interstate, make a left turn into a darkened industrial park and work my way back to the highway, beside which the hotel sat. I checked in, the night clerk was a little clumsy but it went fine, he told me I would have to park on the street because they didn't have enough parking spots, fortunately I had found one right in front.

The room was not that great, it was very hot and had the trademark La Quinta perfume smell. I quickly turned the thermostat down and it slowly got a little better. the bathroom was both large and cramped and had the usual La Quinta perfumed toiletries, which didn't work to well with the Treasure Valley's water. The bathroom was mostly clean, and the rest of the room was also mostly clean. The two shower heads made up for a lot. The bed was subaverage for this class of newer business hotel, but I was bone tired having driven over 800 miles, so I didn't think it would be an issue. Then I discovered the thermostat had a motion detector. As soon as I got to sleep the room would just go up to near 78 F. I would start sweating and have to get out and crank it way down. Eventually it would get comfortable enough that I began to doze off and it would start the process again. Needless to say I stank by morning and was very happy to get out of the place. I really feel that a business class hotel has an obligation to let you get a full night of rest.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank MoheID
Reviewed 31 August 2013

After working a night shift, made a four-hour red-eye trip to attend a funeral. Afterwards, after a few obligatory stops, was ready to crash well before check-in time. Staff went the extra mile to get me into my room as soon as possible. Clean, cool, quiet and comfortable. Slept like the ancient dead and checked out like the wind at 2 o'clock in the morning.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I stayed at La Quinta for 5 nights during a transition between houses. I did not stay here for fun or because it was close to the interstate; I chose this hotel because they allow pets for free. I did not have a pet with me, but if I liked the hotel I would have booked another week while we continued to wait for our new house to close, and our cat would have joined us at that point. I won't be staying here again.

The pros: Refurbished room with nice fixtures, tile, modern looking décor, free breakfast, quiet AC on a thermostat, nice towels, 2 computers in the lobby you can print from, and cookies at 7pm (huge hit with my son).

The cons: NO CELL RECEPTION IN MY ROOM. It was so spotty, it was impossible to conduct business. During the transition I needed to talk with multiple real estate agents about the selling/purchase of 2 homes, as well as all sorts of other move related phone calls. Insurance companies (those can be long calls), schools, utilities, banks, etc. Basically I NEEDED my phone and with NO reception in my room, that was impossible. Could I have used the phone in the room for some of those calls? Maybe, but it doesn't help any when I have to make long distance calls which the hotel would bill me for, and I need to be REACHED by my agents, school, etc.

Business center was not quite a center- it consisted of 2 giant macs out in the lobby. There was a printer and a scanner, but any faxing needed to be done via desk clerk. Fine I guess, but I'd prefer to not hand over my personal documents to a desk clerk. I also do not need anyone else in the lobby reading my email on the mega screen as I attempt to print those documents. Plus, I'm not a mac user, and found it frustrating to have to figure it out. Call me an old fart, but when I have a million things to worry about, the last thing I want to do is learn how to operate a mac. Not this week. I wouldn't exactly call this a "business center". Maybe one of each would be nice?

HORRID SULFUR/ROTTEN EGG SMELL COMING FROM THE SINK. My gosh, it was foul. With each day it seemed worse, to the point where I wanted to vomit when brushing my teeth. I actually went to Winco and purchased bottled water for my son and I to use for teeth brushing and drinking. The shower water didn't stink, just the sink. In their defense, I did not complain to management because honestly, I didn't feel they could fix it. I did not want some maintenance person in my room poking around only to not fix the problem, or have us switch rooms. We were in the very first room on the first floor across from the pool and next to the breakfast area, so the location of our room was great.

No fan in the bathroom. Enough said.

Poor housekeeping. I said something the first day about my room not being as clean as I would hope, it seemed like the housekeeper did a quick once over. Every day its been the same, with things being overlooked. Beds not made the same, no trash can liners, fingerprints everywhere (if theyre gonna put dark furniture in here, they should clean that down between guests, that's gross), etc. Maybe they're short handed, or something, but I never felt like the room was CLEAN. It had a moldy, musty smell for the first 3 days. I left the AC cranked on a very low setting and the window open and eventually the room aired out.

All in all, it was ok hotel. I would stay here if I was passing through Boise on the interstate with an animal. Its close and convenient for that. I would NOT stay here for any length of time, and I won't be returning. While the hotel has been updated, it felt like they were trying too hard to be glitzy without actually fixing real problems like a sulfur smell and holes in the walls. Springhill Suites in Boise off Cloverdale was MUCH better with the couch/living room area, better breakfast, PC with fax/scanner/printer, bathroom fan, sink outside of the bathroom, and separate kitchenette. Even though there's an extra pet fee, we'll be staying there for the remaining wait time for our house to be finished.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Archergirl0110
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Stopped here on a stayover during a long drive, and had the dogs with us. The staff was welcoming and friendly, the rooms were clean and comfortable, the breakfast was adequate.
Just wish the parking lot had a little more room......other than that, great value.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meridian
Hampton Inn & Suites Boise-Meridian
1 mi away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Boise West, ID
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boise West - Meridian
My Place Hotel-Boise/Meridian, ID
Candlewood Suites Meridian
Oxford Suites Boise

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Meridian / Boise West? Share your experiences!