“Excellent Management and Customer Care”

Mr. Sandman Inn & Suites
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Meridian
Meridian, Idaho
“Excellent Management and Customer Care”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

My husband and I are staying at this hotel while our home it renovated. We know it is a busy hotel and they have had a lot of busy weekends while staying here. I am however very impressed by how the management seeks to understand the needs of the customers and the staff accomodates us with the cleaning of our room, the schedule and the little extras that make staying away from home that much nicer as a break, instead of a nuisance.

We are greeted every morning by one wonderful indivdual named K.C. and he makes us smile upon every greeting. Tia the main manager has also been wonderful in making our stay reasonable and has accomodated us with wonderful customer care.

I am sorry to read the negative responses on this site regarding this hotel, since I do agree they are busy, yet we have witnessed nothing but grace and understanding.

We will recommend this hotel to people that ask and pass along our gratitude in the staff that has been so kind.

V.W.

Room Tip: Describe your needs with family or pets
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Olympia, Washington, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2013

While I understand that hosting a couple baseball teams in your hotel probably isn't the easiest, however, to me customer service is the most important thing. I called ahead by several weeks to ensure that we had the correct reservations. I requested a king suite with a kitchenette. There was no confirmation sent to me so all that i had was my word to say what rate was negotiated. Upon arrival it was very apparent that the blonde behind the counter (later to find out this was the manager) was not having a good day. Her body language and the way she spoke to us was very rude. Anyhow, we checked in and got our keys. Lugged all of our luggage including a very heavy cooler (kitchenette, eating in to save money) to the second floor up the stairs since there is no elevator. We opened the doors to see that we were placed in the wrong room. We had to lug everything back downstairs to tell the manager that we were pit in the wrong room. She said it was going to be an additional 25.00 per night to 'upgrade' because we had already planned our meals ahead, we went ahead and did it.

The king suite w/kitchenette did not have any cooking utensils at all so there went our plans for our dinners. The pullout bed had no linens on it and the mattress was about an inch thick. I walked back over to the check in counter and requested some linens to be told that they were running low so they could give me a sheet and a pillow. That wasn't going to work. After I explained they were a hotel and should be able to accommodate for ALL of the rooms they better find me some. I did finally get some damp sheets out of the dryer.

Our kids had a great time at the pool and we even used the BBQ one night in the courtyard. We were pretty much left alone by the staff for the entirety of the trip but would have appreciated a friendlier staff and have them be able to accommodate for busy times.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Melinda L
Tia jo S, General Manager at Mr. Sandman Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
THANK YOU for your stay with us and your review. We appreciate when guest let us know what areas are needing improvement. I am sorry to hear that you did not receive a friendly experience with the front desk staff. I can only assure you this is not the norm. The guest is ALWAYS 1#, ansd we strive to give them the friendly hospitality they deserve. Should you decide to give us another chance again, we would LOVE the opportunity to go ABOVE and BEYOND your needs !!
Please feel free to contact me personally
Sincerely
Tiajo Satcher
Redmond, Oregon
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Upon check in, I witnessed staff handling a customer complaint at the desk. The staff were not very friendly. I was then checked into the wrong room and had to haul all of our belongings back out to the car and re-do the check in paperwork. That evening we discovered our sofa bed had no linens and called down for linens/pillows. After waiting 15 minutes I had to go down and pick up myself. The room is a king suite, has a small kitchen. Lamps were missing lightbulbs, sheets and blankets had stains on them. The sofa bed is the worst I've ever slept on! The next morning we purchased waterpark/family fun center tickets. The gal at the front desk was less than friendly and told us nothing about how to redeem our tickets-we stood in line early to check into the waterpark only to discover that we had to actually turn the passes we purchased at the hotel into tickets which required us to then get at the back of another 15 minute line! This was rather disheartening to our entire party.
Breakfast includes scrambled eggs that taste fake, greasy bacon, biscuits/gravy which my kids said were not bad, juice, oatmeal, waffles. They ran out of plates and we had to use bowels. Again, during breakfast I had to request something from a worker and she wasn't friendly at all.
This hotel has excellent location-we walked to the attractions, Walgreen's next door, and used the BBQ grill to cook our dinners. However, the staff is less than friendly and the hotel needs improvement in maintenance, care.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Twin Falls, Idaho
Reviewed 12 July 2013

My last stay at Mr. Sandman was great! Estella was very helpful at check-in. A fantastic improvement since my previous stay. Outstanding experience overall. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mochi_maker
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Convenient location. Exceptional service. Room was very clean and not cramped. The hotel is well maintained including the pool. The free breakfast was much more than we expected including waffles, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy and the usual that other hotels offer. we would surely stay here again when in the area. Traveler reviews that have a problem with this hotel probably complain about everything.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Spent a couple nights here in early May. The room was great and clean! I had a room with a spa tub which was really cool. Staff was great and very friendly and helpful! The price is very reasonable and in my opinion a great value for the money. Conveniently located, great service, great value... What more can you ask for. Will definitely stay again!!

Room Tip: Get the spa room!! Awesome
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Meridian, Idaho
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Great location, staff was very helpful. Breakfast offered a nice variety. The rooms were very clean. Manager, Tia went beyond the call of duty to help us sort through a dumpster of trash to find some of our medical supplies that were accidentally thrown away...by us. She was unbelievable. I have never had service like this, especially where a member of management went out of her way to help us and she had a great attitude throughout the search! No trash talk here!! We are very appreciative and would highly recommend Mr. Sandman as a clean, helpful and friendly environment and place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meridian
Hampton Inn & Suites Boise-Meridian
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Boise West, ID
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#8 of 11 in Nampa

Been to Mr. Sandman Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!