Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boise West - Meridian
Very Good 4/5
Average 3/5
  • Pool
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsfresh cinnamon rollsgreat pool hot tubsolid choicethe general managerslept very soundlythe breakfast arearoom was cleanexcellent breakfastfreeway sidelight sleeperexcellent hotela great staybreakfast staffthe sofa bedyogurtper nightdesk clerk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 August 2014

If you follow my reviews, then you know I do a lot of traveling for my company. Often times when I find a great place then I will continue to stay there. This is one of those places. The recent updates to an already nice hotel really made this place a "cheapskate luxury". You will find all the modern décor including flat panel TV's and comfortable beds.
My stay for the week was great. I bet yours will be too!

Room Tip: Even the rooms that are facing the highway are quiet. The rooms away from the highway are the upgraded rooms and are higher priced.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Jennifer M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boise West - Meridian, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear Veryrreal

Thank you for the wonderful review from your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boise West Meridian. We are very proud of our hotel and the luxury we are able to offer our guests. We certainly look forward to your next visit, so don't forget to stop by the desk to say hello.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I was in town for several days and I wanted to be centrally located to Meridian/Boise. I have stayed with Holiday Inn Express in the past but not in Idaho. My experience here was excellent and I am looking forward to staying there again! Evenings there were fresh cookies at the door, coffee always on. Breakfast offerings changed daily, and when have you ever had the manager come in and chat with you? I noticed he met with each visitor and remembered my name each time we met. All staff including management very considerate that my needs were met. Rooms exceptionally clean. Our room was facing the freeway, and one evening there was a thunderstorm (so they told me) I never heard a thing! Parking is good, well lit. Easy access to freeway. Like a home away from home. Excellent value and generous discount for veterans. I would highly recommend your next visit to this area be highlighted by your stay here.

Room Tip: We stayed on the freeway side....it was very quiet, so I would expect any room in the hotel would be as well.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Jonathan W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boise West - Meridian, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Sarah M

We Want to thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Boise West-Meridian.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and most importantly that you will be returning. Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Got a great price through Expedia, so was a little worried. Read on their reviews that the pool was being painted, but that was over a month ago so figured it'd be finished…but, unfortunately it wasn't, so check first…

Hotel is right off the fwy, so I asked for a room on the opposite side, but was told it'd be $10 extra! Disappointed at that, but thank goodness the noise wasn't too bad. Room was nice and clean, with a sitting area. Had a fridge and micro and ironing board…Comfy bed, slept good... Breakfast had a good assort.. don't eat the eggs, sausage- frozen, pre-made and tasteless , but they have oatmeal, cereal, hard-boiled eggs, yogurts, breads, fruit and juices which are fine for a light start...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jonathan W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boise West - Meridian, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear dinee1

We want to thank you for taking the time in doing a survey. With this feed back we can make sure we are proving the best service we can.
We apologize for the pool being down at the time of your arrival. Unfortunately it was something that could not wait and needed to get taken care of right away.
We hope that you will give another opportunity and stay with us the next time in the area. Please call us directly so we may ensure that your next stay with us is a better one.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Typical Holiday Inn. Room was clean and good for an overnight stop. Shopping centre close by and a variety of chain food places to eat. Air conditioner didn't seem to work very well....we had a reservation and it was a very hot day with our room facing the sun so it would have been nice to have the room cooler by the timme we arrived. Front desk staff were friendly and I had to cancel our reservation for a return the next week and it was handled with a smile, which was appreciated.

Room Tip: If travelling in hot summer months ask for room on the shady side of building
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boise West - Meridian, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear SJ410,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We are pleased to see you enjoyed your time at the hotel, and look forward to serving you in the future.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I frequently stay at HIE's for business and I have always been pleased. I actually signed up for trip advisor because of this experience. I booked the reservation because of their website and the availability of a pool and hot tub. I was scheduled for a long term stay and wanted to be comfortable in my home away from home. When I arrived on May 31st the pool was closed due to construction. I was told it would be up by June 17th. They did say they had just painted the interior of the pool and they were waiting for it to cure, but the hot tub was available. I sat in the hot tub the first night thinking to myself, how in the world is the paint in the pool going to cure with the hot tub still running in the same room giving off condensation. It was not much longer after that I was told they were shutting down the hot tub. They also said that because they left the hot tub running they were going to have to refinish the pool again as well. I was told the pool would be up and running by July 20th. I can tell you from the perspective of someone who has been privy to the construction process that I will be surprised if it happens by this date. Better luck in August. There was also no notification prior to my arrival that the pool would be down. Several of the staff members are great. The housekeeping and food staff were excellent and pleasant to be around. The rooms are nice, but there are "no" suites or separate living areas. The weight room consists of two cardio machines and one bench with one set of free weight. When I say one set of free weights I mean two dumbbells. Also do not leave you laundry in the washer or dryer unattended. I went by the timers on the machines and was waiting for my cloths to dry. An elderly female complained to hotel staff she needed the dryer and my clothing was removed from the dryer by a female supervisor while the clothing was still damp. To what little credit I can give her she did put my clothing in the industrial dryer to finish drying. On a scale of 1 to pissed off, I was a 10. We got the issue resolved and I moved on. The hallways are a bit loud. I would suggest a room away from the freeway and rooms they allow pets. The rooms away from the freeway have a nice view of an open field and the mountains in the background. The construction for the pool has blocked off the hotels main entrance on occasion and there is dust everywhere. I got a headache today. I don't know if it was the dust or the culmination of events leading up to it. Anyway I am checking out tomorrow a full five weeks ahead of schedule and staying at the Candlewood Suites. I saved almost thirty dollars a night with this move not to mention gaining several additional amenities and an actual suite. If you are staying here a day or two it would not be that bad, any more than that and you will want to stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the freeway and rooms they allow pets. There are also no traditional suite style rooms at this hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank B M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boise West - Meridian, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear B M,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the available hotel amenities prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J