“west family”

Candlewood Suites Meridian
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Meridian
Reviewed 8 March 2012

we stayed here for two days it was great i love that we could buy and make our own food and we didnt have to eat out the whole time we were in town the staff was great and helpful. They dont have a pool though that is the only draw back for this place but they have a hot tub but you can go to the idaho athletic club and swim so that was a plus all in all a great place and alot better prices then most hotels and you get a full size fridg a stove dishwsher . thank you to the staff for a great experiance.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank teri w
MERCW, Manager at Candlewood Suites Meridian, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2012

Thank you for your review of our property! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. We definitely agree with you; we think our rooms offer convenience while traveling. Next time you stay, ask about our Priority Club program. We apologize that we do not have a swimming pool and hope that you were able to take advantage of the Idaho Athletic Clubs facility and pool. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 March 2012

Wow - what an awesome place to stay. Wish that I had discovered this property many years ago. I will confirm what a previous reviewer stated about the room sizes - the Studio Suites are very small for an extended stay property. I was able to stay in one of the one bedroom suites which are better sized for longer stays.

The room was spotless and very current in the design of the hard furnishings.The huge CRT TV's did seem out of place compared to the other furnishings. The pictures will show the room layout and amenities which are well described on the Candlewood website. The filtered/purified water 'station' near the Candlewood Cupboard was a nice touch - saves on buying bottled water.

Only minor suggestion would be replacing the shower curtain which was starting to tear. Also , I seem to always be in a room next to a person that needs to slam everything shut so it would be nice to put some rubber stops on the drawers and cupboards which would help dampen the noise.

Otherwise - clean, helpful and friendly staff, above par room furnishings, and a great location all made for a perfect stay. I've already made reservations for a one bedroom suite again for my next trip to the Treasure Valley of Idaho.

Room Tip: Property is away from the main roads and in a business park. Ask for 2nd or 3rd floor rooms if you w...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Kevin A

Thank you for taking time to review of our property. We love to hear how our guests enjoyed their stay. The One-Bedroom Suites do offer more space and we are glad you were able to reserve one for your next trip to Boise. Thank you for letting us know about the shower curtain. Additionally, we appreciate your feedback regarding our TV's. We have plans to replace them this year. Thank you again for staying with us while in Meridian/Boise! We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 28 February 2012

I have the opportunity to stay at this hotel, two to three times a year and have finally decided to express my views. The accommodations are beyond compare. The entire staff is cordial, and always attentive to the needs of the guests. The rooms are clean and very comfortable (more so than most of their local competition). I also like the proximity of the property to shopping and entertainment. I would highly recommend staying at the Candlewood Suites Meridian.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo

Thank you so much for your time in writing a review. We are so grateful to receive feedback from our guests! We look forward to your next stay! We hope by now you have joined our Priority Club Rewards so you are earning points towards your stays. See you next time!

Reviewed 10 January 2012

First the good things: For an executive that leaves the swimsuit at home and isn't sharing a bed with a companion, this should be okay. Pets are ok. There were some nice touches to the property that place it in the Comfort Suites, Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites category.

Before you read my complaints, please understand that I don't just post reviews of poor properties. I have made over 30 reviews and am usually complimentary.

They only have single queens or double full (double) size bed suites and rooms. I am 6'5" and if my wife and I weren't getting along well, sharing a bed with her would be impossible in our 2 double suite. A full size bed is 5" shorter and 6" narrower than a queen. Consider why a hotel would put only doubles in their 2 bed rooms and only queens in their 1 bed rooms...the rooms are tiny. I am most shocked that no one else has mentioned this as I read reviews on Trip Advisor before EVERY stay. The double beds are squeezed into the tightest space possible. Both side walls of the area are so close, I had to touch my face to the wall as I side-stepped between the wall and the bed. The beds are mid grade and not very good also.

The rooms are packed with amenities, but the space of the room suffers badly because of it. There is very little clothing drawer space and I used one of the kitchen drawers for some clothes. There are pots and pans, a full size dishwasher, full size fridge, microwave, toaster, etc.

This is my new pet peeve with hotels. Throw away the CRT (cathode ray-tube) TV's and replace them with flat panels! I just don't understand why they use a TV type that isn't even made anymore.

The continental breakfast was on standard with how they were done 10 years ago: Coffee, juice, milk, 4 kinds of cold cereal, hard boiled eggs, bagels, bread, muffins. Look at what the competitors are doing with hot breakfast, waffles, bacon, sausage, hash browns, scrambled eggs, danish, hot cereal.

No swimming pool, no big deal for me.

No daily housekeeping, although the front desk will take care of requests. I did not know that. No big deal for me. I watched with amusement a dry food spill (crackers) in the main floor hall remain for the entire 3 days we stayed (I own a floor care company) and was never vacuumed or picked up.

I will end with stating that the value was almost above average (affordable), but the corners are cut here and it all makes sense. I won't stay here again with better options for the same cost.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 December 2011

This was my third stay in this hotel, and it was very good. I like the way they treat their guests and for the price and category, I don't think you can find anything better.
I usaully stay 2-3 nights so I really don't use the kitchen that much, but it seems to be very well equipped. The only reason I didn't give an "Excellent" rating is because my room had only coffe but not tea offered in the room and the bathroom didn't have any body location, just soap and shampoo; of course, I know this is nit-picking, but other than that eeverything else was great.

Room Tip: Hotel gets busy sometimes and full of families with kids and even dogs. You may want to stay away fr...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Although the Candlewood Suites Meridian is only 45 minutes away from my home, I like to stay there when I just need to get away, but not too far away. It's the perfect place to stay because it's close to all the shopping and dining in Boise, without all the hassle of staying at a downtown hotel. The rooms are very well appointed and I especially love the bed because it's one of the few hotels I can stay in where I do get a good night's sleep. I especially enjoyed the free continental breakfast and appreciated not having to leave the hotel to get a bite to eat first thing in the morning. The property is very clean and well maintained and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to friends and family. Great job Candlewood Suites Meridian and thanks to your excellent staff for such a great stay!

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 October 2011

I regularly travel for business, and generally stay at the Homewood Suites. As the Candlewood was within walking distance of where I was working while I was in Boise, I opted to give it a try.

I was impressed by how friendly the desk staff was, the rooms are nice, the location is great.
Business center has a printer which is available 8am-10pm, indoor jacuzzi pool, nice gym, barbecue facilities too.

I may never stay at the Homewood again!

Room Tip: The hotel is far enough from any major highway that all rooms are quiet. Maybe pick east or west d...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meridian
Hampton Inn & Suites Boise-Meridian
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boise West - Meridian
Mr. Sandman Inn & Suites
Mr. Sandman Inn & Suites
#11 of 12 in Meridian
My Place Hotel-Boise/Meridian, ID
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Boise West, ID
Candlewood Suites Boise

Been to Candlewood Suites Meridian? Share your experiences!