“Wonderful!!”

Candlewood Suites Meridian
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Meridian
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Can't say enough nice things about this place. Stayed six nights for a family and high school reunion. It is truly a 'home away from home'! The one-bedroom suite was like a small apartment. Plenty of space, very comfortable bed, good internet access, two large flat-screen TVs (one with a DVD player), and very, very clean throughout. They thought of everything - down to extra paper towels, Dishwasher soap, and even a bag of popcorn waiting for us in the microwave! If you needed anything, all you had to do was ask - the staff is super, and so friendly and helpful. We were always warmly greeted when coming in or out of the hotel. The location is ideal for Boise and surrounding areas - seemed to be in an up-scaled quiet neighborhood. Good restaurants within short drive. Good access to I-84. Quiet rooms - never heard a sound from hallway, or other rooms. Reasonably priced. We highly recommend this hotel, and would definitely stay here again - when in the area. Thanks for a great stay!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stayed in a nice one-bedroom suite, compact but well-designed and had everything you need - full size fridge, 2-burner cooktop, microwave, 2 TVs. Good condition except for the sofa which had major stains that were beyond cleaning - time to replace or recover it. The hotel is located close to the highway which suited us as we were only there for a one-night layover. However, there's not much going on in the area - there were several unoccupied buildings which looked like they might have restaurants/retail in the future. Hotel has a hot tub but not a swimming pool. Also, they don't have an ice-machine, you have to set the freezer in the fridge to produce ice cubes but it takes a long time (and is noisy).

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I recently stayed at the Candlewood for several weeks while waiting for my house to be completed. I loved the Pet Friendly policy and the location of the hotel was ideal for walking dogs! Several open fields and canals nearby. Also, the facilities were great. I really enjoyed the exercise room, the nice, clean laundry room and the outdoor area set up with BBQ grills for the guests. The staff was great and I also enjoyed visiting with several of the other guests. I highly recommend this property as a great place to stay for people with pets.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

Our family gathered for a reunion and used this hotel as it met all of our needs: reasonably priced, convenient, quiet at night, located in a safe area and pet friendly. A small kitchen adds a lot to a longer stay and we appreciated the full size refrigerator. A complimentary breakfast is included along with free wifi. The furnishings are nice, the linen was good quality and the air conditioning was quiet - a must for those hot Idaho afternoons.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2013

So I booked this hotel for four nights during the week. At about $80 a night, seemed like a good idea.
Checked in, dropped my bags, went to work (business trip). When I got back to the room later, it seemed like it was very nice. Clean, nice amenities (free laundry, hot tub, exercise room, breakfast), and close to where I'm working....
I finally am able to get to sleep.
2:50am comes around. I hear the BEEP from the door, a light goes on and some random hotel employee waltzes in, looks around, and then leaves.
WHAT THE?? I spring out of bed, run out into the hall in my underwear trying to find out what the hell happened, but the guy is gone. I call the front desk, and he asks me how long I'm staying... Well hell I told him, I paid IN ADVANCE for four full nights! He says "Oh uh, I apologize, my mistake"
What kind of hotel has ANY kind of room/cleaning service at 3am?! What kind of hotel barges into someone's room at that time???
Suffice to say, I HAVE to stay here because there's some kind of rodeo in town and all the other hotels are booked.... I would suggest to ANYONE thinking about staying here to THINK TWICE! If you happen to be a woman traveling alone, I shudder to think of what this guy might have done if he found you in your room all alone!!! I have the in-room fridge pulled out to block the door at night, and I carry all my belongings with me in the rental car because God only know what happens when they think you're gone for the day!

Fair warning!! If you have any questions about this experience, please let me know. I also reported this incident to the chains' head office; no response.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tom S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Meridian, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Dear Tom S,

Thanks for your business and your review. We appreciate you taking the time to help us improve our guest services.

I am disappoionted to read the troubles you had during your visit and I am truly sorry for your experience was not what you expected. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience the disturbance has caused you and deeply regret the dissatisfaction you had with our service.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by the hotel's management and will take actions accordingly. We value you as a guest and we hope this incident will not deter you from giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 19 June 2013

This hotel is not only nice and clean, there staff is excellent. I traveled a long way from home, but this place has made it feel like i was home. Friendly , attentive , caring, professional, and really hard working staff , makes this place have a real home-like feel to it

Reviewed 11 June 2013

Just completed a week's stay at the Candlewood Suite in Meridian. Free breakfast and free laundry, that's right, no searching for a bag of quarters to wash and dry your laundry. I've never found another hotel offering free laundry. The suites have full size refrigerator and microwave, plus toaster and stove burners if you choose to prepare meals. Friendly staff and good access to Boise, the freeway and other local stuff. Just a few blocks from the Majestic Movie Theater. Also, if are a walker, there are plenty of place to walk in the mornings.

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the huge flag that can make noise if it is windy at night.