“Exceeded our expectations!”

Courtyard Boise West/Meridian
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Meridian
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Room 447 was as nice as any place we have stayed, anywhere, any time. Things important to me are mattress, bedding cleanliness, quiet location, pillows, good shower, prices, chairs, good tv/fridge/micro, adequate number of device charging receptacles (all perfect). Things important to women were all perfect I am told by my wife who shared, "...exceeded my expectations!" The market center was handy late at night, and the breakfast & wait staff could not have been better. In 47 years of traveling, I cannot recall a single time a hotel general manager asked me at breakfast how we were enjoying the food and stay, as the guy did today.

I like the idea of selling mattresses, bedding, and chairs online. (I will check out the chair and footstool sometime later today.)

All in all, this room was as close to a ten as I have ever had.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Alan T, Manager at Courtyard Boise West/Meridian, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

Wow- what a great review! Thank so much for sharing this with us. We are very happy you enjoyed your visit and look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

This Marriott has a nice lobby and the grounds outside the hotel are well-maintained. But it is showing signs of use in the rooms. I had King room on high floor, the sofa cushions are pretty worn, however the other furnitiure is acceptable. There was a ring of dust around the room along the edge of the carpet, there was some liquid drops on the desk which I had to wipe away before using the desk. The carpet at the elevator on my floor needed to be vacuumed as the area had enough dust and fine debris on the floor that is was hard not to notice.
So why give it a 4. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The conference room was quiet and the staff helpful. The room was quiet and a typical Courtyard that is not the newest or best but not the oldest.

Room Tip: The Sushi restaurant across the street is good.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am sorry to hear that your room was not quite up to the standard you have come to expect in a Marriott Courtyard. This is something we will be working hard to correct. I am very delighted to hear that you were happy with our staff service. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 16 August 2013

I travel to Meridian on a regular basis for business and have frequently stayed at this property for the last three years.... it has the worst turn over rate in the history of hospitality! The staff is always changing and when I travel so much away from home, nice to see the same friendly faces.
Currently, their GM, Steve, is a new kid on the block with a bad attitude. You can tell his staff is unhappy and he speaks in a very condescending manner towards them. Their front desk seems more irritable and stressed. Not genuine like they used to be. Everyone is on eggshells.
The facility is clean and well maintained. But it's not a comfortable welcoming stay anymore. Maybe the company needs to rethink the leader they have. Poor choice.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank rm1185

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and the Meridian Courtyard. We would love to have you back and prove that we are the kind of hotel you can feel good about staying in. I sincerely hope you will consider us the next time you are back in the Boise area.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

My wife and I visited Meridian for a weekend getaway and booked the Courtyard hotel. When we checked in, we were listed for two queen beds and I asked for one king. The front desk person was very accommodating and switched rooms for us even though the hotel appeared pretty busy.

The room was very clean and well kept. The room was comfortable and well appointed. The internet connection was easy to use. The water is very soft, which is something I wasn't used to but nice.

The only issues I had were that the pillows were pretty high and firm and the bathtub had no mat or grip strips and with the soft water both my wife and I almost fell in the shower.

However, the breakfast buffet, although not complimentary, was very good and the food was tasty and fresh.

The common areas were well kept and clean even though the place was very busy.

The location was ideal - right off the 84 freeway and on Eagle Rd., so it was close to dining, shopping, gas and entertainment.

I would definitely stay here again on our next visit to Meridian, Eagle or Boise.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for that kind review. We are glad you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 15 August 2013

I stayed here for one night on a work trip, arriving on Sunday evening. I chose Courtyard because unlike many of the other hotels in the area, it has a restaurant onsite. I was therefore disappointed to discover that the restaurant was not open on Sunday evenings, even though this is not mentioned anywhere on the hotel's web-site. To add insult to injury, as a Platinum Marriott Rewards member, I was given a voucher for a complimentary drink with a dinner entree, which of course, I could not get. The bedroom was fine—typical Courtyard—but as other reviewers have noted, the internet was slow.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for staying with us back in Ausgust. I apologize that you came to our hotel only to find that our restaurant was not open that day. We are indeed closed on Sunday evenings but would love to have you back as our guest in the restaurant any other day of the week. Thanks for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Total stay of 4 days, good and bad rooms. For the first three days room was quiet, things were pretty good. The towels in the rooms are really thin and scratchy, the worn towels I use at home to wash my car are in better shape. On the 4th night the number people in our room changed so we changed to a different type of room. Despite requesting a top floor room, (over 3 times) we were originally given a first floor room. Then maybe because we were using our AAA discount, I don't know for sure the room we were given is small cramped and in an area that contains both non smoking and smoking rooms. The smell of smoke is heavy in the hall and we have to place bedding near the door to keep the smoke smell from creeping into the room. Finally the internet service is slower the old dial-up.

Room Tip: Ask if there are smoking rooms nearby if smoke smell bothers you. Rooms facing the courtyard are th...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Alan T, Manager at Courtyard Boise West/Meridian, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Hello,
We appreciate your willingness to take time out of your day and share your feedback with us. This is a very useful tool in improving our service to you and all our guests. While I was disappointed to read that you had trouble with a smoke smell and the internet, I can assure you that we are a 100% non-smoking hotel and will work very diligently top provide the kind of experience you would expect at a Courtyard by Marriott. We will use all the information you provided to improve the guest experience at our hotel. I hope we will have a chance to serve you again in the near future. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

I visited this weekend for a family reunion. This meant most of my time was spent at the hotel. I must say this has been one of the best experiences I've had a hotel. The entire staff was friendly, warm and most of all accommodating. I arrived well before check in time and I was able to get right into a room without even having to ask. The entire banquet staff and management assisted with any little or big thing came up. As someone who takes service extremely seriously, I'm not easily blown away and I was truly blown away by the awesome staff!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Hello and thank you for such a wonderful comment. We are very proud of our staff here at the Courtyard Meridian and your comments are the reason why. Thanks again for taking a moment to share that with us- it makes our day! We hope to see you again very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Meridian
Hampton Inn & Suites Boise-Meridian
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Boise West, ID
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boise West - Meridian
Hilton Garden Inn Boise Spectrum
Candlewood Suites Meridian
Hyatt Place Boise/Towne Square

Been to Courtyard Boise West/Meridian? Share your experiences!