“Super clean, super friendly ”

Courtyard Boise West/Meridian
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Meridian
Seattle, Washington
“Super clean, super friendly ”
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here one night on our way home on a long road trip. We booked a double queen room for our family of four and found the rooms to be very spacious with two beds as well as room for a sofa bed. Our room included an alcove with a small fridge and microwave too. The room was up to date in decor. The hotel also has a small indoor pool off a courtyard patio. Breakfast was not included, but it was relatively inexpensive compared to most hotels.

Stayed August 2014
rsterry, General Manager at Courtyard Boise West/Meridian, responded to this review, 30 September 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Courtyard Boise West Meridian. Glad to hear the hotel was able to meet your needs. In addition, is always good to hear that the efforts of our staff were able to positively impact on the guest experience. Look forward to your next stay when in the Boise area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed in room #251 with the Hotel's mechanical units just outside our window. Obviously, you can see anything out the window, but that wouldn't be a problem if you could get to sleep. The constant noise from the units will keep you awake. You would get more sleep in your car. On a positive note , the employees are wonderful and it is sad that they have an inferior product to rent.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Dougiam
rsterry, General Manager at Courtyard Boise West/Meridian, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Tripadvisor Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Courtyard Boise West Meridian. You indicated that you were disappointing with our property and the noise coming from the pool unit. I have immediately dispatched our Engineering team to assure me that everything is working correctly and others will not experience the same.
Newhall, CA
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Very standard hotel. Rooms are clean and basic. Nicely updated lobby. Typical level of room noise--my biggest barometer of hotel experience. Noise is due to inconsiderate guests not road or construction.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Yogaseeker
rsterry, Manager at Courtyard Boise West/Meridian, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Tripadvisor Guest
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Courtyard Boise West Meridian. We appreciate the nice comments about our recently updated Lobby area and are very excited that we now offer Starbuck Coffee. We look forward to being your hotel of choice when you have the opportunity to return to Boise and stand ready to do what it takes to make that visit a five star occurrence.
Twin Falls, Idaho
Reviewed 27 July 2014

So we stayed here a few months ago...during renovation...not noisy but dusty and not very pleasant. But I didnt think it fair to review during this time....so.....we tried it again and man was it great! The lobby is very very cool....a huge touch screen to see weather, flight info, wow...nice. Several tv's lots and lots of room to sit. A patio that is not around the pool. The room was nice, a bit small and you have to watch tv at a strange angle but other than that it was fine. Comfy bed nice pillows. Took our 4yr old grandson to the pool, it was nothing special. No hot tub for the adults, oh well.....We got done with our visiting family and got back to the hotel trying to decide what to do for the night, we really wanted to go out, but we were both kinda tired...we walk into the hotel and decided to just come back down after we put our stuff down. It was perfect! We had a drink a bit to eat and sat in a small booth that had a private tv, we watch ed a comedy show and then just had to go upstairs to our room when we were done! I didnt realize that they no longer have free breakfast, but the do now have a starbucks coffee barista. We will certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor near the pool for trip one, and the 4th floor near the elevator on tri...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
rsterry, General Manager at Courtyard Boise West/Meridian, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Tripadvisor Guest
Thank you for sharing you experience at the Courtyard Boise West Meridian. I am so glad that came back to see our Lobby after all the updates have been put in to place. In addition we have also added Starbuck as another option any time of the day. We appreciate you choosing us as your hotel of choice when staying in the Boise area.
Redmond, Washington
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Since I had stayed here the year before for 1 week and liked it, I decided to spend the night here with the family on our vacation trip heading East. Last year the hotel had offered free breakfast which is rare for a Marriott. Unfortunately, they've done away with that since then.

Hotel is very stylish looking both outside and inside. I will say that the front desk people are far friendlier this year then they were last. Checkin was fast and the receptionist was very friendly.

We did have a problem though with the room right off the bat. When we opened the door, it wouldn't open all the way. We discovered several dirty towels and some other gross items piled behind the door. I guess the maid had forgotten about it. One phone call to the front desk though and either a manager or receptionist was up in minutes. They saw the pile, apologized profusely and immediately moved us to another room. That room was fine.

The room was spacious with 2 queen beds and a good sized bathroom. Shower not one of the best but still adequate. The new room was very clean.

You'll need a car for shopping and eating since the hotel is located in sort of a office park type area. Eagle Road (which runs in front of the hotel) is lined with dozens of great restaurants and stores north of this location. I recommend Kneaders bakery for sandwiches and desserts. Jakers is another good restaurant.

Overall, this hotel is fine for business people and couples but not so sure for families. Having kids, the free breakfast does help in saving time and money while traveling. For that reason alone, when I return to Boise with my daughter next month, I'll probably stay at the Hampton instead.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Tripadvisor Guest
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Courtyard Boise West Meridian. Was disappointing to hear about the check in misstep but glad that the problem was quickly corrected. They say that Meridian is in the middle as we are position between Boise and Nampa with the easy access to many Restaurants and close enough to the freeway to be convenient but not noisy. I hope that you will give us the chance when return with you Daughter as we do offer a variety of rate which still includes a Breakfast. I would sincerely welcome the opportunity to service as your hotel of choice.
Thank you again for being our guest!
Issaquah, Washington
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a work trip, nice place, very clean, super friendly staff.

No real road noise to speak of, the room was... The standard Courtyard room, that I'm used to (which I like).

Availability for the room was good, and the price was in line with what I expected.

The proximity to the businesses that I visited was excellent, within walking distance, if I felt like it.

Restaurant choices were plentiful, some were within walking distance, if I felt like it.

Room A/C was quiet, did not loud & abruptly cycle on and off during the night to wake me up.

Bed was very comfortable, better then most.

Thank you.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Tripadvisor Guest
Thank you for taking the time to share you experience on Tripadvisor. Our staff works very hard to make our hotel feel like a home away from home. I look forward to having you stay with us when you business brings you back to Boise.
Thanks again for being our guest!
weston, United States
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Laurie was the best very helpful she is definitely an asset to the Hotel and the hotel.
I can safe enough great things about my stay except that I stay about 30 days a year on the road and this one was one of the very best for me. I will always stay here when traveling through the area.
The hotel itself is stunning and beautifully clean with a great court yard.. There is a small army of people who work from dawn just to keep everything pristine and always with a smile.
The rooms are All are spacious and very well maintained very well.
I can honestly say this hotel is in a league of it's own. The staff are superbly trained. Everyone from the manager to the cleaner greets you with a smile and a good morning.

Room Tip: Ask laurie for a great room location.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
rsterry, General Manager at Courtyard Boise West/Meridian, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Traveler

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Courtyard Boise West/Meridian.

We take great pride in ensuring we exceed our guest‘s expectations at every turn and are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and the interaction with our staff. We look forward to your next visit to area and experience more of the Courtyard Team!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meridian
Hampton Inn & Suites Boise-Meridian
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boise West - Meridian
Candlewood Suites Meridian
TownePlace Suites Boise West/Meridian
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Boise West
Hilton Garden Inn Boise Spectrum

Been to Courtyard Boise West/Meridian? Share your experiences!