“Tea is good, clutter is everywhere”
Review of Miss Tami's Cottage & Tea Room - CLOSED

Miss Tami's Cottage & Tea Room
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: We are a Tea Room with a full lunch menu, Wednesday through Saturday, a Simple Breakfast Wednesday through Friday with a Breakfast Brunch Buffet also on Saturdays.(See hours) We cater for most any occasion at our place or somewhere you choose. We also do takeout orders. We have outdoor a seating area with surrounding pond and beautiful landscape. (Weather permitting) We so enjoy doing Tea Parties for any occasion. Reservation are required for Full Afternoon Tea's. Not required for regular menu but suggested. We have a Boutique with a variety of loose tea, gifts, clothes, tea china items and much more. We have been in business since 1989. We have many items on our menu we are famous for, with our Monte Cristo being the very popular. But it does not stop there, Miss Tami's Chai, steamed or chilled is asked for over and over, and so much more! We invite you to come relax and sip some tea or coffee, (we have great coffee too). Don't be in a hurry we make most everything from scratch and Tea is a relaxing, time taking experience. See you soon!
Boise, Idaho
“Tea is good, clutter is everywhere”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

If you want a quiet and great cup of tea, then go with your eyes shut. The teas are wonderful, but the place is crazy cluttered. Food is mediocre.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank IrishEwes

Boise, Idaho
“Food is Okay; Tea is Wonderful”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Miss Tami's has been around for years. It is located in an old house. It started as a gift shop, then added tea parties. Today there are still gifts, but the emphasis is on food. The specialty tea parties with fancy hats and boas have largely been replaced by a buffet or a limited number of menu selections. Reservations are encouraged but not required if you don't mind waiting.

I visited twice in the last two weeks. The first time we tried the buffet. It is very limited in selection and heavy on starches. Today we ordered from the menu only to discover that some items were not available. The cheese cauliflower soup and vegetarian quiche were very good, though service was quite slow.

The best thing about Miss Tami's is the wide variety of unusual teas, served in your own pot, complete with tea cozy and porcelain cup. The ambiance is worth the visit.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank TravelinGal2010
Missoula, Montana
“1st place I take my friends.”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

This is the 1st place I take all my friends for lunch when I come into town. It is the only place they suggest to go to when I show up at their door after being there once. However, after bringing my mother in-law here 3 times for lunch, they have been closed every trip. My mother in-law is wondering if I'm just giving her lip service on this place.): I have had the Montey Cristo, the salads, and sandwiches, it is all beautifully presented, tastes are flavorful and delicious, I love the Pumpkin Chi Spice Tea. The people have always been professional, and kind. They are very busy and have a lot of people to wait on, but do it with grace. I love all the beautiful and tastefully decorated room's, the gift shop is chokeful of great gift's, which I buy for each guest when we go, as a momento. You get what you pay for at this beautiful little gem, and it is well worth it. I travel all over the States, and this is the best little Tea House I have ever been to!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank pktealover
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

A friend and I stopped here for lunch one day. With no reservation, we did have to wait just a few minutes, which allowed us to browse through the wonderful array of items on display in their small gift area. We both had the Red Velvet Coffee Mocha which was truly outstanding. The sandwiches we ordered came with a small serving of excellent pasta salad....we enjoyed it all. Too full for dessert, we each took home a blueberry scone to enjoy later. Although rather expensive ($6.50 for scone and toppings), we decided the scones were worth it! Truly divine! I will definitely take one home when I visit again. The staff were very attentive and pleasant, and Miss Tami was the perfect hostess. We plan to go again soon and will make reservations.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank WRBoiseTraveler
“Upon entering Miss Tami's I couldn't figure out who worked there and who didn't. The staff doesn't wear name tags and everyone d”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Upon entering Miss Tami's I couldn't figure out who worked there and who didn't. The staff doesn't wear name tags and everyone dresses different. After finally locating a staff member. Who's feathers were very ruffled and it showed. She seemed to be the person in charge of seating. She asked if I had a reservation. I did not and told her that her response was "so you're just a walk-in?" I responds with "yes" she said it would be a 20-25 minute wait.That is fine I understood it was a busy day. Also because we were a walk-in we couldn't order off the menu we could only have the buffet. Upon being seated we were given menus the lady that brought us to our table explained the menu and when my friend went to clarify that we could order off the menu she just walked away.
There was a very reasonable amount of choices on the buffet. Unfortunately the hot food was cold and the cold food was warm. The gravy was even cold. The crepes were just sat on a plate without any attempt of keeping them warm. I would never ever under any circumstance go to Miss Tami's Tea House again.

• Visited May 2013