“Buffet was pretty good but the service could have been better”
Review of Miss Tami's Cottage & Tea Room - CLOSED

Miss Tami's Cottage & Tea Room
Cuisines: Soups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a Tea Room with a full lunch menu, Wednesday through Saturday, a Simple Breakfast Wednesday through Friday with a Breakfast Brunch Buffet also on Saturdays.(See hours) We cater for most any occasion at our place or somewhere you choose. We also do takeout orders. We have outdoor a seating area with surrounding pond and beautiful landscape. (Weather permitting) We so enjoy doing Tea Parties for any occasion. Reservation are required for Full Afternoon Tea's. Not required for regular menu but suggested. We have a Boutique with a variety of loose tea, gifts, clothes, tea china items and much more. We have been in business since 1989. We have many items on our menu we are famous for, with our Monte Cristo being the very popular. But it does not stop there, Miss Tami's Chai, steamed or chilled is asked for over and over, and so much more! We invite you to come relax and sip some tea or coffee, (we have great coffee too). Don't be in a hurry we make most everything from scratch and Tea is a relaxing, time taking experience. See you soon!
Portland, OR
“Buffet was pretty good but the service could have been better”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stopped here on a whim while visiting relatives. We were there for the Saturday buffet which had several hearty items to satisfy the guy in our group. The mini Monte Cristo sandwich was fantastic. We waited around for a new batch of gravy for the biscuits but got tired of waiting.

The service was sort of spotty. It took our server about 10 minutes to notice we were there; we were almost ready to leave. She wasn't very familiar with the teas on the menu (we asked a couple of questions). She later had some issues with the bill. Although she was friendly, the service wasn't quite as refined and elegant as I have experienced in other tea rooms.

The gift shop was interesting. I expected it to be focused on tea-themed items. Instead it felt more like an antique shop with a fair amount of jewelry. They also prominently displayed, in several places around the gift store, a spray to make toilets smell better. Yes, odd, but that's what stood out. I don't think that's a good thing.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank ToniPortland_OR

“Lovely Lunch for Ladies!”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I recently visited Meridian and stayed with a friend who adores this place. We met her friend and had a delightful meal that MORE than filled me up! I ordered the specials of the day, which were cheese cauliflower soup (with a touch of spice) and vegetarian quiche and they were excellent. I should have stopped then, but it was pre-destined that we would all enjoy fresh baked blueberry scones with Devon cream and fresh blueberries....to die for! the tea was really great as well. Service was excellent and the little gift shop was charming. Highly recommended!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Ms_E_Clare
Boise, Idaho
“Tea is good, clutter is everywhere”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

If you want a quiet and great cup of tea, then go with your eyes shut. The teas are wonderful, but the place is crazy cluttered. Food is mediocre.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank IrishEwes
Boise, Idaho
“Food is Okay; Tea is Wonderful”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Miss Tami's has been around for years. It is located in an old house. It started as a gift shop, then added tea parties. Today there are still gifts, but the emphasis is on food. The specialty tea parties with fancy hats and boas have largely been replaced by a buffet or a limited number of menu selections. Reservations are encouraged but not required if you don't mind waiting.

I visited twice in the last two weeks. The first time we tried the buffet. It is very limited in selection and heavy on starches. Today we ordered from the menu only to discover that some items were not available. The cheese cauliflower soup and vegetarian quiche were very good, though service was quite slow.

The best thing about Miss Tami's is the wide variety of unusual teas, served in your own pot, complete with tea cozy and porcelain cup. The ambiance is worth the visit.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank TravelinGal2010
Missoula, Montana
“1st place I take my friends.”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

This is the 1st place I take all my friends for lunch when I come into town. It is the only place they suggest to go to when I show up at their door after being there once. However, after bringing my mother in-law here 3 times for lunch, they have been closed every trip. My mother in-law is wondering if I'm just giving her lip service on this place.): I have had the Montey Cristo, the salads, and sandwiches, it is all beautifully presented, tastes are flavorful and delicious, I love the Pumpkin Chi Spice Tea. The people have always been professional, and kind. They are very busy and have a lot of people to wait on, but do it with grace. I love all the beautiful and tastefully decorated room's, the gift shop is chokeful of great gift's, which I buy for each guest when we go, as a momento. You get what you pay for at this beautiful little gem, and it is well worth it. I travel all over the States, and this is the best little Tea House I have ever been to!

• Visited March 2014