“Affordable Lodging”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Meridian
Lewiston, Idaho
“Affordable Lodging”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We come at least annually to Boise area or through and most of the time we stay at Rama in Meridian. It has a decent price and lower city tax than the Boise hotels. It is generally close to the Senior Games that I participate in.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWRamaInn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Meridian, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor! It's always a pleasure to have you with us and we appreciate the kind words. We'll see you next time!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
St. Helens, United States
Reviewed 1 August 2013

There are two best westerns in Grand Junction. You want THIS one. It is on the east side of town, and costs a bit more but is so worth it. The staff was phenomenal, even printed out directions to a local pub for us. The entire place was exceedingly well taken care of. Definitely worth it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor. The Best Western Rama Inn is a product and brand that we're extremely proud of and we're happy to have your business at any of our hotels. We strive to give every guest at every location the same great experience. Thanks again!
Vancouver, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2013

During our family vacation we stayed at three hotels. One Super 8 and two Best Western's. This hotel in Meridian (next door to Boise, ID) was by far the best value and best experience. After a long road trip with three young children, this hotel was a relief and exactly what we needed. The room was very big and comfortable. The pool was excellent and the hotel was very close to restaurants, fast food, and grocery. We definitely recommend this hotel and for the future will arrange our trips in this direction around it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWRamaInn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Meridian, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor! I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope to see you again when you're traveling this way.
Cody, United States
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I make this trip once a year and Meridian, ID is half way for me. I chose this hotel due to that. I must say I am extremely pleased with my choice. There are 3 others in the area I could go with (all Best Westerns, so I'm sure they are just as nice), but I stay with this one each time I travel this route. The hotel is safe (no exterior room doors), clean, good service, within walking distance of restaurants, gas station is close and easy access to freeway. I recommend this Best Western Plus, Meridian, ID very highly.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor! We appreciate the kind words. We're always happy to have you with us. We'll see you next time!
Arvada, Colorado
Reviewed 11 July 2013

When I book a night at a Best Western Plus property my expectations are a little higher. This property failed to meet these on nearly every level. My co driver and I had to change reservations at the last minute due to a problem at our original hotel. We went ahead and booked 2 suites at this property at $130 plus. After checking in we went to the stairs that looked like they had not been vacuumed for a while, very dirty. The 2 rooms we had booked were a regular suite and a hot tub suite. The regular suite looked fine and the hot tub suite that I took had an old school 19 inch tv and the hot tub had parts that had fallen off and were just lying about in the tub. The breakfast left a lot to be desired The biscuits were quite hard even after some time in the microwave. The donuts were still frozen. My biggest issue occurred after I had submitted a survey sent by Best Western, the manager sent a condescending I don't really believe you response. I was told that after my stay the tv had been replaced and the hot repaired. and never addressed the comments about the food. If you have low expectations and too much money this might be a good choice.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Scott H
BWRamaInn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Meridian, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor. I'm sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us and I apologize for giving an impression of condescension. I just wanted you to know that your comments were not ignored and that all of our old TV's have been replaced with 42" flat screens and all of our Jacuzzis are in perfect working order. We've had some rough spots with our renovation but we keep the property clean from corner to corner and we've worked hard to improve our breakfast immensely. Come on back and visit us. I promise you a far superior experience.
Walla Walla, Washington
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I arrived to find the front desk staff on the phone taking a reservation so had to wait a few minutes for service. A few people came out of the back but just kept saying she was the only one that could help me. The front desk clerk had hair that appeared to not have been washed or combed in several days. She was friendly enough, but she said the computers were slow and had to use both front desk computers to check me in.

I received a room upstairs but was informed there was no elevator. OK, but the stairs look liked they hadn't ever been vacuumed.

I arrived and my room look nice enough. The air conditioning was good and even though I was on the freeway side of the hotel, there is a Motel 6 that blocked the sounds from the road. But when I pulled back the bed spread, the sheets were not tight on the bed, and one of my pillow cases was dirty. I was apprehensive about walking on the floor in bare feet because the carpet was so worn. I wanted some ice for my pop I brought in with me and had to go back downstairs to the ice machine.

Breakfast the next morning was basically empty when I arrived at 8 am. I hoped for some protein, maybe some breakfast meat or yogurt or a bagel with cream cheese. Basically everything was picked over and there was nowhere to sit. So I had a bowl of cereal and a stale, small doughnut.

Checkout was quick though. And at least the TV was nice. And the wi-fi was good.

If back in the area, I would find a different BW to stay at. The location to the freeway was nice, but the hotel was not.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
BWRamaInn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Meridian, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor. We've been in the middle of a renovation and I apologize for any mess we missed in our daily clean-up. You'll be happy to know that we are almost finished replacing all of our old carpeting and the new carpets look great. Come see us again. You'll love what we've done.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We chose this hotel since it was a little distance away from the airport and didn't want the noise of the traffic. The rooms were very spacious, with very comfortable beds. The continental breakfast was included, and there were scrambled eggs, sausage, and waffles, along with the usual fair. Nice pool and hot tub pool.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor! It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your experience at the Rama Inn. We hope to see you again!