“Food was good - wait was l-o-n-g”

Maialina Pizzeria Napoletana
Ranked #4 of 92 Restaurants in Moscow
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Waited for 1 & 1/2 hours for food. Most in our party either ordered simple pizza or salad. Service was s-l-o-w. Don't be in a hurry. Noisy.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I've only ever been once, but Maialina was incredible. While I wasn't blown away by the service, the flight of wine and our meat and cheese plate was perfect, and the settings both inside and outside on the patio are both modern and classic.
We ordered whatever pizza was on special that night. Normally I'd probably turn my nose at a Brie and Pear pizza, but it was exquisite. Truly original and crafted to perfection, it was one of the most delicious and surprising pizza's I'd had! I'm not really a foodie and gourmet choices don't enchant me, but this was an excellent meal even for those who normally stick with traditional red sauce and cheese.

1  Thank A_Very_Huckleberry
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I have been to Maialina many times since it opened and have never been disappointed. The pizzas are always innovative and delicious, made with fresh, locally-sourced ingredients on an ultra thin, crispy crust. The all-Italian wine selection is a breath of fresh air in a small town where every restaurant seems to offer the same types of wines. The last time I was there I ordered the Salsicia pizza that features their homemade sausage and a spicy kick from a drizzle of chile oil. I tasted my friend's entre, a pasta dish made with kale, Italian sausage, parmesan, and cream, and promptly went out to buy the ingredients and make it at home (mine wasn't as good but it was close!) The salads are first rate!

Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

If you enjoy rustic pizza with locally grown and produced toppings along with a delightfully tantalizing dressed salad that brings your taste buds to attention, you'll enjoy dining at Maialina's......

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Excellent customer service, charming interior, lovely ambience, extensive menu and tasty pizza -- my only complaint was that the red wine was too cold -- especially for the price -- it made me wish I had ordered beer instead. In my experience, the temperature of the red wine often distinguishes a good restaurant from an outstanding one.