Fairfield Inn & Suites Moscow
La Quinta Inn & Suites Moscow Pullman(Moscow)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$76
QualityInn
US$119
HIExpress.com
All reviewsfront deskevent weekendnice visitkeeping thingsdesk areabreakfast offeringsstaff was helpful and friendlyup to datecentral locationrooms are nicestay there againother hotelssofa bedvisiting familyroom was largehousekeeping staffclean hotel
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We were quite happy with the rooms and location to the U of I. We were in town for a track meet and the boys needed to leave by 6:30 AM for their event. We were told at check in that breakfast was available from 7:00 to 10:00. We arrived back at the hotel at 9:40 to be told that they were done serving at 9:30. There were not any signs stating that a basketball team was scheduled for breakfast then nor had they told us that at check in. I was able to take the bagel that I was toasting when the front desk person came over to send us away. Our 15 year old boys were allowed to make some hot chocolate to take to our room. My husband told the clerk that we would not be staying at this chain again and she asked if it was due to the breakfast incident. The boys went back for another cup of hot chocolate while we finished packing and at that time were allowed to get some food - the leftovers from what the team did not eat - and did receive an apology. Unfortunately this was too little too late as far as we are concerned. We have stayed in Fairfield Inns in the past, but won't be in the future. There are multiple other choices out there to avoid being treated this way.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cathy I
Chris_AGM_FFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Moscow, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Cathy,

I want to start with a sincere apology to you and your family. It is unacceptable that you were not given the service that Marriott is known for. Though our breakfast hours are posted to be 7-9:30am on the weekends, we do try and accommodate each guest as the come down for breakfast. That being said, I have reiterated this to our breakfast ambassadors to make sure that we try to accommodate each and every guest. There was a basketball team staying with us that weekend and that could have been the cause for the mix up. Unfortunately, the team breakfast was not planned until that morning and was done for the team as a courtesy, last minute. In no way is any of this an excuse for the lack of service. Again, I sincerely apologize for the incident and I would love to have a chance to renew your faith in our hotel. Please feel free to call me at the hotel and I will welcome an opportunity to make this up to you. Here at the Fairfield Inn and Suites, we believe in always giving our customers a great experience that will make them want to return.

Christopher Rorrer
208-882-4600

Reviewed 27 December 2013

The property is new - about 4-5 months old. Still has that "new car smell." Clearly the new meeting place for anything going on in town.....day meetings, political campaign gathering at night, business folks getting together before cleint presentations, etc. Great breakfast! Easy parking...effectively, across the street from the Univ of Idaho. The staff's answer to everything was "No problem at all." Not sure if Marriott has different "levels" of Fairfield Inns, but clearly this property is excellent in all respects. Large wide open lobby eliminates any impression of "..well, a box Fairfiled Inn." Indoor pool to burn off the kid's energy.

Room Tip: If you have status with Marrioot ask for an upgrade...the "suite" rooms have 10 foot celings and great room design...not the usual BOX shape room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank 245DavidA245
Reviewed 4 December 2013

The hotel was very nice - newer & also very quiet. Our kids were looking forward to the pool, but alas, it was out of commission the night we were there. That was a huge disappointment since I'd booked the hotel mostly because it had what looked like a nice pool on the website and the kids were really excited about it. Still, a very nice hotel, in a good location right across the street from the university.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Stayed at hotel for U of I dad's weekend. The hotel is fairly new and looks it. Common area decor is very modern and open. Breakfast was good and had the typical selection. Room was nice, but a little small with 2 queen beds. Plenty of desk area.
Only one elevator, so if hotel is full, you will need to be patient in morning when lots of guests are using it.
One issue is lack of hot water. Hotel was full and our room on the third floor got just luke warm water one day and just warm water the other day. Hotel manager noted they are aware of the issue and are working on a solution. If you are one that likes hot showers, you might want to look at another hotel until this issue is resolved.
I would have rated the hotel 'Very Good' if not for the issue with hot water.

Room Tip: Beware of lack of hot water when hotel is full or almost full.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Chris_AGM_FFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Moscow, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Mr. Killinski,

I realize that this was written awhile back, however I would like to give an update on the hot water issue. We have had our contractors back in the hotel to address the situation and I am happy to report that we have fully fixed this problem. We have had many sell out nights and have received no complaints from guests. I hope that you can understand that I am as just as happy as you are to have this issue resolved. I hope that on your next visit to Moscow, you will enjoy a night with us with plenty of hot water!

Christopher Rorrer

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Stayed for one night while visiting a customer in Pullman, WA. The front-desk gave me a key that didn't work. Came down and got another key. Went up and again didn't work. The guy was not apologetic and gave a key to a different room this time. Went up and opened the door but there was a gentleman changing right there. Wow! This has never happened to me ever.

Came down and the front desk was obviously very sorry and said that this is the second time this has happened this evening. Can you believe that? For the next try, the guy actually walked up with me and got me checked in to another room without any incident. Of course, I locked from inside. The room itself was fine. Nothing special. The breakfast was OK - a lot of sugary stuff but they did have some fresh fruits and oatmeal so I was quite satisfied.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business