“Moscow Idaho Fairfield Inn”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Moscow
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Moscow
Boise
“Moscow Idaho Fairfield Inn”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here last weekend on a 2nd floor double room. Clean, new, happy staff, and good beds. Breakfast was typical with no surprises. Costs too much money to stay there but since there is not a lot of competition in Moscow they can get what they want. They didn't spend much on soundproofing between rooms. You will hear your neighbor. Minor complaint is the soft water and water saving fixtures. Takes forever to rinse off soap. It's a petty complaint but for those that love a strong shower, could be a deal breaker.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Chris_AGM_FFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Moscow, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Marcus_O_Really,

I appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel and I truly appreciate you deciding to stay at our hotel. I am glad that you were happy with our staff and facilities. However, I am very sorry to hear that our hotel's water was too soft. We do use a water softener here at the hotel, since Moscow is notoriously known to have very hard water, which tends to do a lot of damage to any building. I will, however, look into ways in which we can find a happy medium. I also apologize that you felt you were not getting a good value here at our hotel. We do try and keep our prices competitive with all other hotels in the area. Even though we are the newest hotel in Moscow, I do personally see to it we stay in line with all other competitors in the area. Again, I do appreciate you choosing the Fairfield Inn and Suites, and I hope that next time we can make your stay even better!

Christopher Rorrer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I stayed here for a teacher's workshop for four nights. The front desk workers were very nice. The breakfast had waffles and fruit. I liked the boiled eggs. There were many choices. The room was always clean and the bed was so comfortable. The workout room was great. The pool was clean and there was music while you swim. I would stay here again if I visit the area.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor which was very quiet!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Chris_AGM_FFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Moscow, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Kim L,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to hear that everything went well for you at the Fairfield Inn and Suites, Moscow. Whether staying for one night or multiple nights, we try our best to make each stay a great one. I will share your comments with our staff and I hope that you will find your way back to our hotel soon!

Nampa, Idaho
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We enjoyed our two night stay at the Fairfield in Moscow, Idaho. We had exceptional service during the breakfast hours by Eva. She was so accommodating, cheerful and professional.The room had everything we needed, but seating was not very comfortable to sit in the room for too long such as to watch a movie. The stuffed chair was vinyl and sticky. The other chair was the desk chair. We are day time wanderers and like to relax in the evenings; it was not easy to figure out TV channel listings and there was no DVR player. Even so, we would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Chris_AGM_FFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Moscow, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Kare P,

I want to thank you for your recent review of the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Moscow, ID. We value each guests review as it is vital to the success of our hotel. It is always good to hear our staff is taking care of our guests. Breakfast is a big part of our guests stay and we strive to really give the Marriott service to our guests during this time.

I am very sorry that the room was not as relaxing as you might have hoped for. I invite you to try one of our suites next time as it has more seating that would better fit your style. We keep our channel listing in our guest directory sitting beside the TV. We find that this is a better place to keep the listings instead of just having a flimsy card laying on the desk that would just get lost or torn after each use. However, I can understand that this could be a more difficult place to find it and I am sorry for that.

I also want to apologize for not having DVD players in the room. We decided against DVD players, as other properties have had them broken or stolen. We instead have bought TVs that have HDMI and USB plugs so guests could connect their laptops to watch movies. This being said, I can imagine that this would not work very well if you did not know before hand. I will be working with reservations to inform guests better of our amenities.

Overall, I am glad that your stay was a positive one and I hope that you will come back soon!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The staff was efficient, friendly, and accommodating. Standard Fairfield set up, nothing special about that. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I tend to be up early and on one of the two nights I was there, the night manager had breakfast out a 1/2 hour early. I appreciated that.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Chris_AGM_FFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Moscow, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
DT,

I want to thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Moscow for your place to stay while passing through. I appreciate you taking the time to give your thoughts on how we are doing here. We make sure that each of our staff is fully trained to give the best Marriott service. I hope that next time you are on the Palouse, that you come stay with us again. I also hope that next time we can make your stay even better!

Timnath, Colorado
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I really enjoyed my three night stay at the Fairfield Inn in Moscow. The hotel is about a year old but everything feels brand new. The complimentary breakfast selections were pretty good and free coffee, tea, and hot chocolate is available 24/7. The staff was friendly and attentive to all requests. Unlike many newer hotels, the walls are not paper thin, so noise from the hallway and other rooms was very limited. The hotel is along one of the major Moscow thoroughfares, so it was easy to get to other parts of town, although the area around the hotel was not scenic at all compared to other parts of town. Overall a very positive experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Chris_AGM_FFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Moscow, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Kevrock13,

I want to thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Moscow, ID as your place to stay while on the Palouse. I am happy to hear that you had a great stay with us. It is our everyday mission to make sure each guest is taken care of! We hope to see you back at our hotel again soon!

Burbank, California
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

The only thing I could think of that I would change about this hotel is the coffee. You could say I'm on a mission to encourage basic hotels to simply serve good coffee. It's not that hard, and a good cup of coffee to an addict like myself and many others is so important. That said this place was great. Excellent people and facilities and I would come back. Thanks!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Chris_AGM_FFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Moscow, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Robert,

I want to thank you for taking your time to write a review for our hotel. I am happy that our staff took care of you and we look forward to having you back in the future. I for one love a good cup of coffee, so I am so sorry to hear that we were not able to provide you with that. All Fairfield Inn and Suites use the same coffee, but I will make sure that this comment does make it to the right people, so that we can change it to a coffee that will better please our guests. I hope that next time you are in Moscow, we will be able to provide you with an even better stay!

High Point, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We travel a great deal and usually stay in one of the hotels in the Marriott brand. This Fairfield ranks at the top with others we have stayed in. The front desk person spoke to us each time we went in or out, responded promptly to questions about guides to the area and pointed out that a guide to Moscow was in each room. The Inn can be a bit trickey to find as the sign for it is low and it is back from the road, but we had been told about this and it was not a problem. The downtown of Moscow is a quick (less than five minutes) run down the street on which the Inn is located. The University of Idaho is across the street and up a hill. From reading other reviews, it is clear that management is responsive to feedback: we had no issues with hot water and the breakfast items are adequate. Those wishing a larger breakfast with more items can find a place nearby.

Room Tip: I think all of the rooms would be fine as the hotel is back from the road and rooms at the back of t...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Chris_AGM_FFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Moscow, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
PennyGram,

I want to thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. I am glad that you had a great experience here at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Moscow, ID. Each day, we strive to give each of our guests a great stay. We hope to see you again soon!

Christopher Rorrer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moscow
Best Western Plus University Inn
Hilltop Inn
#3 of 6 in Pullman
Quality Inn Paradise Creek
Courtyard by Marriott Pullman

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Moscow? Share your experiences!