“Customer service sucks”

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Moscow
Bremerton, Washington
“Customer service sucks”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I spent the worst night of my traveling life in that motel. First, the drunken lunatic next door kept calling the desk and complaining about noise in our room - even though we were sleeping. Next, we were taken to another room to get away from the nut job in the middle of the night. Not bad enough, the owner's wife not only didn't offer to comp the room as we'd had no sleep, but wanted to charge us out the nose to stay another night and rest up so we could continue our journey. Anywhere else is better.

Room Tip: It is quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Marian N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Edmonds,wa
Reviewed 16 April 2013

After reading several of the reviews, needless to say, I figured I would stay with my daughter during Mom's Weekend at WSU. The other mom I traveled with booked us a double room and she was leaving the choice to me. I came equipped with an air bed, sheets, pillow, ear plugs and sleeping tablets. I did not need the air bed and sheets. I stayed at the inn. No problems with the two ladies who were checking in several moms, all moved along very nicely. The room seemed to have been recently painted, the bathroom to was fresh and clean. Sadly, I understand about the shower being for a short person. The fan comes on in the bathroom when you turn on the light, it is loud. I also recommend one person per bed. The room is small and both beds are against a wall. A couple of nice surprises, there was a small refrigerator and microwave in the room and the continental breakfast. Cereal and milk, juice, fresh fruit, yogurt, mini bagels & cream cheese, cinnamon raisin English muffins & spreadable butter, and pastries. Our room overlooked the pool which was closed, all was quiet. TV reception is not all that good, but I wasn't there to watch tv, wifi was slow, but hey it's free. This was definitely the cheapest moms weekend stay at a hotel I have ever had. For the price, it was very well worth it. I took my sleeping pills, put my earplugs in and slept soundly through the night.

Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Fred L
Battle Ground, Washington
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I stopped there 5 pm looking for a room for one night Feb. 20th on a Wednesday, I asked the women at the front desk if she had a room available. There was only two cars in the parking lot. She said yes but it will be more than usual because it is Jazz Fest. I asked how much is a room? She said probably more than you want to pay. And I said how much is that. At that point I would have paid the $129 or $139. I don't remember what it was. But I left and went down the road to the University Inn where They acted happy to see me and give me a room.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Brenda F
moscow idaho
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I stayed six nights had to move rooms three times cable bites was all wavey and unclear wi fi was slow and front desk refused to bring a remote that worked with my tv ..... then jumped my rates from 34 a night to 130 ended up moving to a different hotel . I would not stay here again .

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank vince c
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 5 September 2012

This is clearly a very low budget hotel and that is fine in many cases. But there is no excuse for a lack of customer service. The woman I dealt with was very rude and there is no way I would want to actually stay at this place. I have also spoken to other travelers who have stayed there (when everything else in town was booked) and they found it to be worse than you would expect at that price point.
Stay away unless you really really need a place to sleep!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Wormtravels
Washington
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Our stay at the Palouse Inn was fine... Room was clean, Bed were OK. We just needed a place to sleep before heading back home after moving our son to College. When you check out, Just don't forget anything in the room and ask them to send it back to you.... I had forgotten my pillow in the room, and had asked that they send it to me. (I have a bad habit of this) One would think that they would send it back using an affordable method... Say USPS One Rate box?? Oh no.... I received my pillow 11 days later by UPS with a receipt inside the box showing MY credit card was used at the local UPS Store to pay the $12.29 shipping plus fuel surcharge, delivery area charge and a processing fee for a total of $19.34 then a $2.50 charge for a box!! That brought the grand total to $21.99!! I don't mind paying for my mistake leaving my pillow, but it would have been 1/2 the price to go to the post office!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Good was had a small frig and location in respect of UoI. But so are all other hotels in Moscow.
Bad-- pool side room was always damp. Beds are hard and sheets are like sleeping between two shower curtains. Most plug ins are worn so nothing stays plugged in. Hair dryer quit, told house keeping and front desk but never fixed. I kept hearing the word sorry from staff. Breakfast was on a table in small front desk area with no table and chairs to sit down, so take it back to room to eat. We will not stay again here when visiting daughter.

• Stayed August 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moscow
La Quinta Inn & Suites Moscow Pullman
#1 of 6 in Pullman
Hilltop Inn
Hilltop Inn
#3 of 6 in Pullman

Been to Motel 6? Share your experiences!