All reviewsbest westernsrooms are cleanindoor poolplace to staypotatoeshot tubfront desk stafffree breakfastoatmealvery nice hotelconvenient locationroad trippullmanidahowsunelsonpalouse
Reviewed 6 June 2012

My family booked two rooms recently. Both were very clean, had nice amenities and were reasonably priced. The beds were comfortable. The staff was friendly, helpful and professional. The breakfast was great. There were a variety of items available. The pool area and exercise rooms were well maintained. My family enjoyed using the pool and there was adequate sitting available in the pool area.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

This weekend Nancy and I stayed here for my Granddaughter's Wedding. There were 3 Wedding Parties staying there. The parking lot was jammed, but adaquate. The STAFF was Top Notch when it came to keeping things running. They handled ALL three Receptions. The food was more than adaquate and the Service was exceptional.
The Facilities were all Ideal for any LARGE gathering.
They even handled the FREE Breakfast, the best part was that the HOT food was different each morning, and their Sunday Buffet without a hitch.
Besides needing a handicap room, we requested a Recliner for Nancy to Sleep in, due to a recent Back Injury. I would reccommend this Facility Highly!

Reviewed 23 May 2012

My husband and I have stayed here many times over the past 6 years since our first child began attending U of I. Most of the time, I would have given it a positive review. We had many good times here. We would usually get a poolside room and the water was nice and warm and the pool often not crowded.

The last 3 times we have been there, the pool has been very cold. We stayed there on May 19, 2012 and the pool seemed not to be heated at all (this in spite of a clerk telling me it was nice and warm). We were not able to even make it in to our great disappointment. Other problems on this visit included: extremely obnoxious unsupervised teenagers in the pool and hot tub. They were jumping, pushing, shouting, putting furniture in the pool, squirting with squirt guns etc. One ran into me roughly and I spoke to him and another almost ran into our 7 year old. I called the staff to complain and recieived no apology or empathy but a promise to send someone to talk to them (they were there behaving the same the next day). There were no towels at the pool. I called and they brought just a very few towels (nowhere near matching the number of guests around the pool) and then let them run out again.

Another problem was a toilet in our room that clogged and continued to have trouble flushing after someone came and fixed it. The quality of the staff seems to have declined over the years, with less and less courtesy and service and the room are now in need of upgrading. We won't likely stay there again.

2  Thank Jewel333
BWPUI, Manager at Best Western Plus University Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2012

Thank you for your comments, we would like to apologize about the issues with the pool temperature. Unfortunately, the heater went down and it took longer than expected to be replaced but I am pleased to say that it is up and currently running again.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

My son just graduated from WSU. We were desperately trying to secure a room. We usually stay at Holiday Inn Express in Pullman. We couldn't secure a room due to high demand. Brian, the manager at Best Western went out his way to keep us informed on any cancellations. We got lucky and a room opened up! We were relived and excited to secure a room. We were surprised with the hotel dining and bar. We especially enjoyed the Sunday Brunch for $12.95. It was delicious and an exceptional value! We wish we could've found this gem a lot sooner in my son's college experience. The drive is just 10 minutes away.

Room Tip: The rooms are clean but could be a little more updated.
Reviewed 15 May 2012

This hotel is nice and clean and friendly. The Broiler restaurant is just great with a new all u can eat salad bar when you purchase an entre. Thenswimming pool was nice and warm although we had to call three times for towels. I do understand it was a full house that weekend and it wasn't a big deal. Room service was quick and staff were very friendly. Only one thing on the downside was that our key just wouldn't work in the outside doors unless we held the door tightly closed and left the key in for 5 seconds and then it would turn green. I ran into some staff who said there were some issues with that. I left my iPhone charger in room 156 and called housekeeping to see if they would return it to me and they have not responded yet.

1  Thank rebeccah435

We are sorry for the delay in getting back to you about your Iphone charger but are very pleased to report that we were able to find one and shipped it out to you today. We also are currently looking into more effecient ways of handling lost and found items. Thank you for leaving your comments and we hope to see you again if you are ever back in the area.