We just spent the weekend at the University Inn in Moscow and it was a pleasant stay. The hotel has some definite pluses and minuses. Plus: The service was great. From the front desk to the maintenance team to the housekeeping staff we found everyone to be pleasant and helpful. The room was clean. The bed was surprisingly comfortable. It was affordable and we felt secure. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub and sauna and work out room. The buffet breakfast was plentiful and varied, if slightly disappointing standard fare. We had burgers in the Pantry restaurant and they were good, but also standard and the service was pleasant but somewhat slow. Minuses: It's very dated decor wise and the walls were thin enough we could hear the television show that our neighbor was watching loud and clear. (luckily they went to bed before we did) We were given a room at the back of the hotel and our view was the parking lot and an abandoned movie theatre. The back door lock was broken and took quite awhile to fix. (but they did send someone within minutes of my husband reporting it was broken) The television remote was either broken or just really crappy which made changing channels very frustrating. Two of the channels listed on the hotel literature did not exist. We were given free drink tickets but the free drinks were very limited and we weren't told that the drinks we ordered (my husband had a bud light longneck and I had a fuzzy navel) were not included. Well drinks and tap beer were allowed. The service in the sports bar was terrible, the staff seemed far more interested in chatting with one another than with serving customers. We were sitting three feet away from them, listening to their chatter for almost fifteen minutes before they decided to fill our order. No one returned to ask if we wanted a second round. Everything in the common areas feels like it could use a good scrubbing, from the pool area (the hot tub water was kind of murky) to the workout room.
Overall it was a decent stay but nothing spectacular. Next time we stay in Moscow we will most likely find somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Business and leisure guests alike will love staying a the centrally located and newly renovated BEST WESTERN PLUS University Inn - situated just minutes away from Pullman, Washington and Moscow's historic downtown, which makes it perfect for visiting both the University of Idaho and Washington State University. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Plus University Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus University Inn Moscow Pullman Hotel Moscow
- Best Western Moscow
- Moscow Best Western
- Best Western Plus University Inn Moscow, Idaho