I initially gave this place a 2-star review, based on my initial experience. I promised to update if anything changed, so I deleted that review and I'm replacing it with this one.
Check-in was still a nightmare. They left us standing in the lobby for an hour as they tried to figure out what to do with us. We had an advance reservation, but nobody offered us any explanation. First one, then two, then three, then four people came out to stare at the computer screen. We were finally given keys to our rooms (along with two $10 certificates for the restaurant) and told we'd have to change rooms after the first two nights.
I understand they were undergoing renovations. But they need to be upfront about what's going on.
We loaded our luggage onto the rolling cart and asked for the nearest elevator. We were pointed toward where the elevator would soon be installed and told they didn't have any yet. We were told the pool was closed (something not mentioned on the website among all the happy renovation news). We were told the breakfast room was closed but breakfast was still available in the Silver Room. (This was accurate.)
So. Rooms were clean and comfy, if old-fashioned, and the bathrooms are very small.
On the second day, they called us and woke us up to tell us our next room was ready, and could they move our stuff for us? Um, what? Once we were up and about for the day, we packed up all of our things and they did, in fact, move them for us.
However, the AC in the second room wasn't even turned on, so that was less than delightful when we returned to our room on a hot July afternoon. We cranked it up as high as it would go, but it never really cooled fully.
All that being said--the restaurant food was much better than expected for a hotel restaurant, and the staff in the restaurant and bar were very good, professional and friendly. Front desk people were also extremely friendly and polite.
But--if you're switching cable providers and most of the channels are out on the TV, just tell me that when I phone the front desk--don't make the maintenance guy schlep to our room just to tell us that. If you're renovating the room we're staying in the first two nights, just tell us why you have to move us instead of making us stand there, tired and impatient.
When we checked out of the hotel, they apologized for the inconvenience and comped us for all three nights. If they're willing to admit their mistakes and make up for it, I'm more than willing to recommend them, and to try them again next time I'm in town. But please, be upfront with your guests, and don't leave them guessing/hanging in the dark.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Business and leisure guests alike will love staying a the centrally located and newly renovated BEST WESTERN PLUS University Inn - situated just minutes away from Pullman, Washington and Moscow's historic downtown, which makes it perfect for visiting both the University of Idaho and Washington State University. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Plus University Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus University Inn Moscow Pullman Hotel Moscow
- Best Western Moscow
- Moscow Best Western
- Best Western Plus University Inn Moscow, Idaho