The manager of this hotel, Bill Saylor, is hostile to U of I students (although he uses assistants and won't confront them personally).
My wife and I live in Moscow and have gone to the Pantry (their restaurant) for over a year and a half to eat and study. Although it has NEVER been known for very good service and has hit or miss food quality - we've gone there because the options are limited in Moscow. We typically go 4 to 5 times a week and spend over $20 each visit (that's ~ $100 a week!). We typically stay 2 to 3 hours, are quiet, polite and had a respectful relationship with the waitstaff and all employees.
The restaurant is typically 3/4% or more empty when we are there (with the exception of Sunday mornings for about 2 hours).
We were informed today that the Hotel General Manager (Saylor) has demanded that we are not allowed to stay there longer than 90 minutes. The only reasoning given by the assistant manager was that we don't pay for the electricity that we occasionally plug our computers into (from their single outlet in the restaurant) and we don't pay anything extra for that. She also said that the policy didn't really make any sense to her - but that she was ordered to enforce it.
We tried to clarify whether there was any other reasonable reasons we were being kicked out: like we drank too much coffee, were difficult customers, caused problems, anything . . . and she told us no, we were good customers and agreed that "normal" customers often take 90+ minutes to eat. It was just the Moscow Best Western's new policy.
So . . . even though we don't cause problems, don't prevent other customers from eating, and do pay high food costs ($400 to $500 a month) - they don't want business from the University of Idaho students. PLEASE HELP THEM OUT - AND TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE!!!! True Vandal fans care about Vandal students - the Best Western cares about something else; although neither we (nor the assistant manager who informed us of this today) really know or understand what that is.
The La Quinta, Mark IV and Super 8 motels are great options in town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Business and leisure guests alike will love staying a the centrally located and newly renovated BEST WESTERN PLUS University Inn - situated just minutes away from Pullman, Washington and Moscow's historic downtown, which makes it perfect for visiting both the University of Idaho and Washington State University. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus University Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus University Inn Moscow Pullman Hotel Moscow
- Best Western Moscow
- Moscow Best Western
- Best Western Plus University Inn Moscow, Idaho