“HORRIBLE!”
Review of Thunderbird Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mountain Home
Thunderbird Motel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Mountain Home
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Worst bed I ever tried to sleep in (my tent camping bedding is way more comfortable), bugs, only 5 channels on tv and 2 were bad reception and NO HBO, Owner is a nosy in your face cheap charlie, and filthy office, shower was moldy, no dark curtains to block all the security lites, I should have just slept in my pickup truck instead, and taken a shower at the truck stop, Please spend more money and stay at one of the 3 national chain motels by the truck stop.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank 833,402,014

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Dont stay here.... bugs, dirty, outdated, 5 channels on the tv. We didnt even stay the whole night. We left and continued on to another motel. we showered n threw away our clothes cuz of the bugs at thunderbird. We lost money checkin into this motel. so fair warning..... STAY AT ANOTHER MOTEL!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank lilnative
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Train track really close but not too disturbed by it. I think the train went by one way and later the train backed up and blew for the crossing again but can't prove it. The TV went out,, DTV, early in the evening when we simply swiveled the TV. Turns out the cable had no end on it and was just stuck in the TV cable hole without a screw on connection. Try as might we could not get it working again. If we'd read trip advisor 1st. we'd of not stopped here. The spot light have been removed from the exterior all and replaced with neon tubes which created such light it seemed as if the sun was shining in the room all night. That made it very hard for me to sleep. Had to constantly shift to block the light. There's no M wave, no ice at all anywhere, no coffee avail. at all at anytime, Room smelled OK and no evidence of bugs when we examined the matttress, sheets seemed clean. Very used frunishings and very NOISY bed with the crinkly plastic mattress cover as it really made noise each time one of us moved. The blanked was holy and shredded, there's no clock as expected. The cowboys were talking noisy at 1:30AM and the prop. did call up and they quieted down. we heard their phone ring and everything they said and "DID" as the walls seemed old and without the required sound deafening you'd come to expect almost anywhere. Yes, the prop. spoke fluent english but appears gruff and argumentative. Yes, he went over my Dr. Lic a few times and went to the rear of the Van to DBL chceck all I wrote down and he answers all questions with a question. When I asked to see the room first he asked what for? He has a large ice mach. but keeps it off, don't blame him and he did offer to turn it on for us , we declined. So you get the picture. It's a good value so don't be picky here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joe P
Reviewed 12 October 2013

After a long days drive with my son on our wonderful road trip to Utah we decided to stay in a motel instead of camp. We are not the finicky type!! The owner first seemed offended that I wanted to use a credit card and I got a funny feeling so I paid with cash. He kept asking if we had a dog or if we smoked. We told him many times that we didn't do either. After checking my drivers license many times ( we are from Oregon) he finally wrote it down twice, he took us to our room. He asked what time we were going to leave. I said around 9 or 10. He informaed me that check out was 945am. I have never heard of such a thing. He told us where we had to park and how to turn on the air and when to turn it off. First the lights wouldn't work in the room then we got them to. The sheets well we slept in our clothes becasue the sheets were gross. Now remember I camped the night before so being on the ground doesn't bother me. The bathroom was questionably clean but the towels had black stuff on them. NOT sure what that was? So we slept and got up in the morning, changed clothes and were packing the car to leave when the owner was at our door demanding we pay him extra because we didn't answer the phone and he was asking why we unplugged it. We hadn' touched it!! I asked what his probelem was and he said that we had stayed past check out. I said it was only 10am and that we were only 15 minutes late. He yelled and us and said we needed to pay him more. Then he went in our room and looked around I guess to see if we had destroyed the place? We kept putting our stuff in our car and he came back up to me and told me I had to pay him $10 more. I told him NO!! Then I showed him the time on my watch which I had forgotten was 1 hr behind from Portland. A simple mistake we had forgotten that we passed a time line? We were the only people in the motel you think he could have given us a break. I told him I was not going to pay the $10. He said I was a horrible person and that he hoped I didn't try that on others? Really??

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank happytrails82
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stopped here when we got tired of driving. We got there very late, around midnight. The price was very low. The hotel owner was a very nice older man. He made conversation, and walked us into our room and showed us how to work the AC. It was a kind gesture. The hotel is definitely showing signs of age, but they take great pride in it, and the room was clean. Would recommend it if you just need a few hours of sleep and aren't looking to spend $100 for a nap.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room close to the office.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Kelly T
Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

On our trip to Yellow Stone and looked for a quick and cheap place to sleep @ 1am. Compared to some hostels we have been in this is pretty do-able! This place is not for the hotel motel holiday Inn type! But it is super clean. ( my room was at least) Neighborhood is good and quiet, but you do hear the train that is right across the street go by. Which doesn't bother me, but may bother some. Clean & Affordable.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank RoadTripzzz
Reviewed 16 May 2013

The first impression is the office. It smelled of rancid grease and was filled with junk and overflowing ash trays. The manager was very matter of fact, but not at all friendly. We would have moved on, but we were on a motorcycle with a nasty looking storm moving in. After a little private debate (much to the annoyance of our host) we decided that this was better than the alternative. We checked in to an upstairs room. My first stop was the bathroom, where there was a cigarette butt floating. The walls were molding and looked gross. The "clean" towels smelled of mildew. The smell of old smoke was choking. We slept on top of the bed so we didn't risk further contamination. After the storm blew through, we heard the sound of lots of feet on the steps outside. Peeking out about two in the morning, we watched somewhere between 30-50 men pile out of a van and into one room. Hmmmm.... We left as soon as the sun came up.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple