“Great hotel, minus the smell” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Fairfield Inn & Suites Boise Nampa
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Nampa
Henderson, NV
“Great hotel, minus the smell”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012

My extended family and I stayed here for a few nights. The rates that were offered were reasonable, but we used Marriott comp points for the rooms. Still, the hotel was nice enough, I would have paid for the room. The staff are all very friendly. The interior and exterior very clean and well appointed. This was an accomplishment as there were not one but TWO college soccer teams staying there at the same time. This could have been chaos, but the staff pulled it off nicely.

My room had one king size bed that was one of the most comfortable beds I've slept on in a while. I'd gladly put a torch to my own mattress if I could get one of these in return! The televsion had more channels than any hotel I've every been in, even some of the nicer hotels in Vegas. All of the linens had a nice, clean smell, although the bath towels could have beena little softer. Still, if that's my only issue with things within the hotel's control, they are WAY ahead of the curve.

Breakfast in the morning was delicious. Among some of the items they offer on their complimentary breakfast (as of the minute I'm writing this, so don't hold them to it in a year) are Activia yogurt, do it yourself blueberry and regular waffles, Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, fruit, coffee, milks and cereal. Really an excellent selection, and I've only listed a portion of the offerings. Plus, there were complimentary newspapers for guests. The pool and spa area, and the workout room, were clean and busy.

Now for the drawbacks, and there are a few potentially big ones. First, there is a train track across the freeway from the hotel. We couldn't hear any of the freeway noise, but the train horn went off a few times during the night because of the intersection it had to go through. This could be an issue for light sleepers. Second, The hotel is a little hard to get to. Easy to see, but hard to get to. Get a good map from Mapquest or Google to see where you will need to turn. Last, the smell from neighboring pastures and the sugar beet factory down the road infiltrate the building. It's not always noticeable, but when it is, it can be bad.

With that said, I would still stay here in a heartbeat. The hotel and the staff more than make up for the drawbacks. I might suggest requesting to be placed at the end of the hotel away from the freeway, I think it would be the northeast side. That will give you be best chance at avoiding the noise issue. Like I said, I will use this hotel next time I'm in Nampa. You should to...

Room Tip: I might suggest requesting to be placed at the end of the hotel away from the freeway, I think it wo...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MANAGERNAMPA, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boise Nampa, responded to this review, 6 November 2012
Thank you for your thorough review. We appreciate your feedback as this gives us the opportunity to make your next stay even better!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Tucson
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2012

As expected from a Marriott property, the room was very clean and comfortable. What really stood out was the courtesy and friendliness of the staff. They even brought out home baked cookies that were a perfect night cap after dinner. When in the area, I'll definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MANAGERNAMPA, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boise Nampa, responded to this review, 30 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm happy to hear that our property exceeded your expectations. We look forward to your next stay and we really appreciate your feedback!
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

We arrived much later than we anticipated and check-in was quick and easy. The desk staff made sure my husband had bottled water for each exhausted family member and let him know several options for parking our truck with trailer. Unfortunately we didn't get to try the indoor pool as we all went straight to bed, but it looked very nice. Our suite was very clean and put together so nicely. Breakfast the next morning really blew us away - an excellent "spread" that offered something for every member of the family, including breakfast sandwiches that were clearly labeled so my children were able to pick from the options themselves. If we ever go back through this area, we will definitely stay at this location again, and have already recommended it to family members who travel through ID at least once a year.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MANAGERNAMPA, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boise Nampa, responded to this review, 29 October 2012
Thank you very much for your review. I'm glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay and that our breakfast met the needs of everyone in your family!
Susanville, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2012

Out of all the Marriott's I've stayed this is one of the best! The front desk staff were wonderful, polite and kind! Great customer service is a rare thing and much appreciated. I had a King room which was very clean and comfortable. Thank you for the bottle of water and print out of points.

Room Tip: I had a second floor room facing the back parking lot which was very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MANAGERNAMPA, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boise Nampa, responded to this review, 22 October 2012
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you received the service you were looking for in our hotel and hope to see you again soon!
Port Orchard, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

My family loves to travel and we have stayed several times at this Fairfield Inn. We love the convienience and the quality of the lodging. The staff has always been helpful and pleasant and the rooms very comfortable. The pool is great for the kids and the reception desk even has fresh baked cookies. Stay here and you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MANAGERNAMPA, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boise Nampa, responded to this review, 4 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate your feedeback on our hotel!
Lake Wales, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

This hotel is a Marriott standout!!!! Excellent customer service. Offered us a bottle of cold water immediately and had warm cookies waiting for us. After we got settled they called our room to check and see if everything was all right and if we needed anything! It was very pretty, extremely clean, staff was very friendly, and breakfast was excellent.
It is in a great location and the whole experience ranks among our best in all our travels from East coast to West coast and now back again! Compared to the one in Rapid City, South Dakota it was shangri-la. See my other review of that hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MANAGERNAMPA, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boise Nampa, responded to this review, 2 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property. I'm glad to hear that we were able to provide the Marriott quality you look for when travelling and that you had a wonderful experience throught the property. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay!
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

Delightful staff; comfortable facility. Started with an offer of ice cold drinks on a 95 degree day. Staff always asking what they can do for you! Not sure what else to say to fill the space. xyxyxyxyxyxyxyxyxyyxyxyxyxyxyx

Room Tip: No restaurant on the campus, but several chain food locations nearby. Easy access to hwy. Rooms on...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your review, I'm glad that we were able to offer you a great stop on your way through the area. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nampa
Hampton Inn & Suites Boise/Nampa at the Idaho Center
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nampa at the Idaho Center
Shilo Inn Suites - Nampa Suites
BEST WESTERN PLUS Caldwell Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#6 of 11 in Nampa
Hampton Inn & Suites Boise-Meridian

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Boise Nampa? Share your experiences!