“Dirty place to rest your head”

Rodeway Inn & Suites of Nampa
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Nampa
Portland, Oregon
“Dirty place to rest your head”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2012

DISGUSTING. Dusty, dirty, and scary. I wish I would have walked right out of that place! The room right next to us did not have a door knob and looked like the door had been kicked in. The room is outdated and DIRTY. The pool had trash in it and it's ice cold. I wouldn't have got in anyway due to the trash. The "maids" room is right behind the check in desk and they leave that door wide open and you can see all the dirty laundry laying on the floor. So gross. Oh, and every and I mean every garbage can outside is broken. Cracked and no lids. I won't even mention the service at the check in...omg nice skull shirt and stinky attitude. Check out the neighboring motels instead.

Room Tip: Room at Super 8;)
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank P1969

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Central WI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

I stopped here for one night, thinking it was the same place I had stayed a couple of years before (it wasn't - the other time I stayed at the Super 8, just across the road - and really wish I had done the same this time). I'm not sure if it was because I requested a pet-friendly room that we got one that looked like it hadn't been cleaned in who knows how long, or if that's the standard of the entire property. Only strong sunlight would be able to penetrate the filth on the windows, and I felt terrible when my dog wanted to lay on the floor. I tried to keep her up on one of the beds, but she must have found them as uncomfortable as I did and wouldn't stay up there. Although I didn't see any signs of bed bugs, the overwhelming uncleanliness of the place made me feel like something was crawling on me as I tried to sleep. I kept having to adjust the A/C to a lower temp. to get it cool enough in there, and it was a very short sleep.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank lwhite08

Travellers are raving about these Nampa hotels

Baker City, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

An average night's stay at an affordable price. Clean and quiet, close to the interstate but without the noise. Using your room key gets a 15% discount at the Denny's which is within walking distance. The breakfast is really skimpy, donuts or cereal.

Room Tip: get a room with 2 queen beds for $69
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank frank s
Kansas City
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

Do Not Stay in this hotel, I was trying to save a couple of bucks and thought most Choice Hotels are pretty good. Was I ever wrong. Walked into a room that smelled of raw sewage. Bugs crawled out of the heater and were on the ceiling. Cig burns on the sheets.Hair on the pillow. The remote for the old tube TV was missing and I was brought up a new remote, the manager says you have to turn on the TV manually and work the remote from there. The iron almost hit me in the foot when it fell off the broken ironing board storage rack. After driving for 11 hrs I stayed the first night and was charged an additional 10.00 early check out fee. Oh, did I mention no hot water for the shower. The breakfast is almost non existent, Stay at the Holiday Inn Express at the next exit. Free, Full Breakfast Flat Screen TV , 800 count sheets, Micro/fridge, Indoor Pool Gym, well worth the difference.

Room Tip: This Place is a dump
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Liketo T
100 Mile House, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2011

Room was clean and comfortable, quite close to freeway so noise a problem for light sleepers. Too much smoke in hallways! Very basic breakfast included but very small area for eating so went to next door Denny's.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2011

I have just checked out of the Rodeway Inn of Nampa where I had stayed for 2 weeks with my elderly mother (86 but quite spry). Knowing that the Rodeway was an economy choice my expectations were pleasantly exceeded. The front desk and housekeeping staff were very accommodating and friendly. Our fellow patrons were respectful and we were made to feel very comfortable. I travel frequently and use off the highway motels as they are easy and inexpensive - this one is tops!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank stephshaw60
Orem, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2010

I'm a Choice Hotels loyalty member but this hotel isn't one of the better ones I've been to.

First the best:
It's convenient to the freeway. There is plenty of parking. The room was spacious and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. The Denny's next door gives you a %15 discount.

The worst:
You'll need that Denny's %15 discount because the "breakfast" includes donuts, 2 kinds of cereal, milk, juice and coffee. Bring your own sweetener unless you like sugar or pink packets. Bring your own tea, too. If you want internet, make sure to get a room near the front of the hotel because the signal doesn't reach the back rooms. I woke up with a backache, so I'm not sure the mattresses are up to par, but that could have been me - I'll call that one a wash.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nampa
Shilo Inn Suites - Nampa Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites Boise Nampa
Mr. Sandman Inn & Suites
Mr. Sandman Inn & Suites
#10 of 11 in Meridian

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites of Nampa? Share your experiences!