“Pleasantly Surprised!”

Rodeway Inn & Suites of Nampa
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Nampa
Reviewed 12 September 2012

We had just spent a full day of driving, a week on the road and needing to get some laundry done, looking for some serious air conditioning in a quiet motel...We found it with the Rodeway Inn. They had all the amenities we were looking for including a continental breakfast. It was close to an established chain restaurant and close to the freeway. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and in good shape. We had extra towels...thick and fluffy. We have no complains about this local motel.

Room Tip: Room 206, it was on the opposite side of the freeway.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 September 2012

We were tired and did not really check out this hotel before staying there, but felt reassured when we saw the Trip
-Advisor recommend decal on the front door, the lobby looked good, smelled fine and after that it was not good. We walked further down the hall and the bad smell with some cover up spray was overwhelming! The same was in our room. The ac was on freezing and I think it was to cover up the smell because it just keopt getting worse. The bathtub was draining so slow I was standing in almost a foot of water. The carpet was stiff from something spilled. It was just plain yukky! Hey manager check room 208 and see for yourself.
They had a breakfast in the lobby but it looked bad, the juice machine had crud on it where the juice comes out and it was enough for me to leave without food or coffee.
But my biggest disappointment from the stay was the Trip-Avisor recommend, please don't give these decals out so easily your good reputation wont last.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mariomax
Reviewed 7 August 2012

We were travelling with 2 grandchildren-very large room had 2 queens and 2 twins, perfect for the kids. Staff was vey helpful-our room was not yet available when we checked in- they let us use the pool and provided cold bottled water while we waited- pool area was clean, pool was great. Laundry facility was clean and not overpriced. We would stay again. Hotel had a "deal" with nearby Dennys for meals- meals were good- restaurant was not clean. Would not eat there again, even with the discount.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Richard B, Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites of Nampa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2012

We (all the staff) would like to thank you again for your stay, We are pleased to hear you enjoyed it with the exception of the Denny's, ( I relayed the message to the Denny's manager) We look forward to seeing you and your family again if you are in the area again. Thank you again for the your your stay with us and the kind words.

Have a wonderful day,

Richard B.

Reviewed 21 July 2012

I had a great time. I wish they would have cleaned the pool chairs but other than that there was nothing bad about this place. We got a big clean bathroom, two nice beds that I fell asleep on, breakfast could have been more than just cereal and donuts but for 58 bucks, its a bargain.

Room Tip: Just the pool needs to be tiddied up
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2012

i must say that i am sad to hear such neg. reviews... i stayed here and had a great time. the staff are very nice and accommodating and the house keeping staff are amazing.. those ladies sure do a lot to try and make your stay as wonderful as it can. i am an observant woman and i know that the staff they have now exceeds those of many hotels ive been to. so thank you to myranda, rachel,tabitha,starla, richard, john,and that new girl for making my stay one to remember.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

Thank you very much for your stay, and the lovely chat we had. It was a pleasure meeting you, and am happy you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your return if you are ever in the area again. Again, Thank you.

With Happy Thoughts and Best Wishs for you and your Family,

From; Richard, and ALL the staff from the odeway Inn & Suites of Nampa

Reviewed 1 July 2012

DISGUSTING. Dusty, dirty, and scary. I wish I would have walked right out of that place! The room right next to us did not have a door knob and looked like the door had been kicked in. The room is outdated and DIRTY. The pool had trash in it and it's ice cold. I wouldn't have got in anyway due to the trash. The "maids" room is right behind the check in desk and they leave that door wide open and you can see all the dirty laundry laying on the floor. So gross. Oh, and every and I mean every garbage can outside is broken. Cracked and no lids. I won't even mention the service at the check in...omg nice skull shirt and stinky attitude. Check out the neighboring motels instead.

Room Tip: Room at Super 8;)
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank P1969
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I stopped here for one night, thinking it was the same place I had stayed a couple of years before (it wasn't - the other time I stayed at the Super 8, just across the road - and really wish I had done the same this time). I'm not sure if it was because I requested a pet-friendly room that we got one that looked like it hadn't been cleaned in who knows how long, or if that's the standard of the entire property. Only strong sunlight would be able to penetrate the filth on the windows, and I felt terrible when my dog wanted to lay on the floor. I tried to keep her up on one of the beds, but she must have found them as uncomfortable as I did and wouldn't stay up there. Although I didn't see any signs of bed bugs, the overwhelming uncleanliness of the place made me feel like something was crawling on me as I tried to sleep. I kept having to adjust the A/C to a lower temp. to get it cool enough in there, and it was a very short sleep.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo