“Not Bad For Idaho!”

Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
El Centro, California
“Not Bad For Idaho!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Had lunch there last week and thought it was pretty good for Idaho. After living 15 miles north of the Baja border for 55 years, myself and fellow CA refugee thought the food was pretty good. Service was better than most. Our drinks and chips were replaced quickly along with the bean dip. Food was the best I have had since moving here 2 years ago. I will return and bring friends.

• Visited August 2014

Richland
“Going Down Hill”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We were traveling through here in mid-April and met a friend for lunch. We had done the same nearly a year ago and at that time we enjoyed a good meal.

This was not the case today, our meal was sub-par,(very bland and un-appetizing) the chips and salsa were really lacking, the service was slow and uncaring and it was just an uncomfortable stop.

This is certainly not the place we remembered from a year ago. We come through Nampa about once a year and now we will have to find a new and better place to dine.

• Visited April 2014
Nampa, Idaho
“worst place i ever ate”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

took longer to be seated than usual been eating there for a long time seem like its been going down hill for a while made a last ditch effort to see if it was just me. the straw that broke the camels back was we got no water, even after asking for it didn't get the full order and our food was burned, told them this was not acceptable and they brought me onions and bell peppers that were fresh cooked ( what the hell the whole plate was burned shrimp chicken and beef) I told my wife happy mothers day you got the crappy dish at chapalas on Nampa Caldwell blvd. they could have resolved it by redoing it, they didn't offer it. They didn't even offer it pay for it. I'm not cheep but I know what you have to do to fix something gone wrong I paid for everything else but the plate and no tip$$$ FAVIO AND MARIGTO I WILL NEVER RETURN TO YOUR PLACE AGAIN, Kuna I hear has a good Mexican restaurant better than yours EL GALLO GIRO I don't mind paying for what I get, but this was just crap see you in kuna

• Visited May 2014
Nampa, Idaho
“Nothing Special Here”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Most over priced Mexican Food in Nampa. Look around no Hispanics here other than wait staff.
No Lunch specials here on weekends, other local Mexican restaurants highlight there lunch specials. Last time I was there, had a large group on Sunday, chips came in repeatedly smaller baskets. Pico degio was bland and watery. Food is greasy and poorly prepared. Margaritas are watery and poor quality . Watch the 18.5 % gratuity for groups.

• Visited March 2014
“Typical but tasty”
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Came for lunch and would return. Since I was with a group of 8, and none of us had any complaints about the quality of the food I would definitely give it another try. The chicken and beef dishes were well seasoned (not overly salted, but seasoned) and the dips were tasteful. You can get slightly better Mexican food but you will pay much too. Very good.

Visited January 2014

Been to Chapala? Share your experiences!