“Amazing food in a convenient location!”
Review of Acapulco Grill

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Acapulco Grill
Ranked #36 of 197 Restaurants in Nampa
Cuisines: Mexican
Payette, Idaho, United States
“Amazing food in a convenient location!”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

This yummy restaurant is tucked into Karcher Mall and was exactly what we needed after all the shopping my daughter dragged me through. The first thing they did right was post the menu at the entrance so I could sit on a bench while my daughter read the menu to see if they had tamales. When I got to the entrance I also read that they had orchatta - a cooling beverage I really enjoy! They also had a nice line of comfy booths along the wall to the right with some tables to the left and orders could be placed at the counter or the waitress would come to your table. The server was wonderful, she explained what varieties were available and brought our drinks and food quickly. I was impressed to be served a soft-shell corn tortilla with my taco and was very surprised to find that the beef taco was so delicious that I hardly wanted my tamale. Even so, the tamale was very good as were the chips and salsa that tempted our appetites while we perused the menu. We also ordered nachos and they were fabulous, the melted cheese was much better than the run-of-the-mill variety and the guacamole was terrific. We shouldn't have ordered the nachos - only because the rest of the food was so great that we didn't have enough appetite left to truly enjoy more than a taste of them. I don't know how anyone could leave this restaurant hungry!

This restaurant serves Coke products but also has some bottled drinks on offer. It is at the west end of Karcher Mall next to a real estate office and far enough from the pet store not to be bothered by any pet odors or noises. It isn't a big place but it is nicely decorated and could work for a party or special occasion. Being in the mall they probably have to keep mall hours so don't expect them to be open early for breakfast or stay open really late. When I was younger I used to work at the mall and would have been thrilled to have a restaurant available with such a varied menu and such reasonable prices. My daughter and I both ate too much for less than $20 with the tip included.

It is an excellent restaurant and I highly recommend it.

• Visited August 2013