“Worth the trip out there!”
Review of Sawtooth Winery

Sawtooth Winery
Ranked #4 of 24 things to do in Nampa
Reviewed 24 October 2012

This little winery is off the beaten path...almost to Marsing. Although, a great drive on a sunny afternoon. I've been to some fun events here like weddings & Mother's Day brunch. I love the Pintler family (who started this winery several years ago), they are very welcoming people. Try the Riesling & the Pinot Gris! Two of my favorites!!

Reviewed 18 October 2012

Not crowded, good wines and very congenial staff. It made a very nice diversion on what was otherwise a business trip.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

I'm surprised that this Winery has not received higher marks. I for one think it produces the best wine in the west - yes, even compared to OR and WA, and is certainly the best of the ID wines. I travel to ID frequently and a stop at Sawtooth is always on the list. Aside from the spectacular and very affordable wines...the setting is lovely (once you find it!!! - SIGNAGE is restricted in ID and the Wine Tour Map available is a joke!!!!), the servers are courteous, knowledgeable and FUN! While in the area a trip to Boise and some hiking in the surrounding areas is worth the effort, too! Sawtooth remains my high on my satisfaction list from all perspectives!

1  Thank doro2608
Reviewed 25 July 2012

This summer we attended my niece's wedding at Sawtooth Winery. The scenery was absolutely beautiful and even though the wind came up and tried to blow our wedding cake tent down and away we were able to hold it down by each person holding on to a corner stake. My brother in law eventually asked the venue if they would please stake the tent down so we didn't have to hold it down the whole reception. The bathrooms were very clean. When my husband took my disabled father to the bathroom he found they were not assessable for people with disabilities. This made it very difficult for my dad. My husband had to put my father which was in the wheelchair in the stall and then find some way to jump over my dad and lift him on to the toilet. Not a great thing to do in wedding clothes. In the kitchen the sign that read $500 if not left clean was very disturbing because the kitchen was not clean when we got there. The refridgeraters were not empty and the venue staff acted very bent out of shape because we asked them to move the stuff in the refridgerators. All in all the wedding turned out beautiful but for the money for the venue it seems the grounds would be clean and better taken care of. Word of mouth goes a long way and I hope Sawtooth Winery reads this and will take some constructive critisim. If not this will surely affect their business in the future.

2  Thank Cindy W
Skrzypeks, Public Relations Manager at Sawtooth Winery, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2012

Hi, This is Heidi Witherspoon Skrzypek, Communications Director for Sawtooth Winery.
I brought this post to the attention of our tasting room manager, who remembered the party well and she thoughtfully replied with this:

"I am very familiar with this wedding and the family. I had intimately worked with them right up until the day of and we had a great relationship. I spoke with the bride and mother of the bride a week or so after their big day and the bride thanked me for the perfect day. She said it was beautiful . They were wonderful and never mentioned anything at that time. A few weeks later I received a detailed letter about their experience and they requested no response nor compensation, it just had minor issues mentioned that could have easily been amended but were never brought to the staff’s attention. I did sit down with all of the staff and had a lengthy discussion regarding their experience about that day and made improvements regarding protocol and communication.

The cleanliness comment seems unfair. I personally take pride in our clean facility and train the staff to do so as well. It’s protocol for the Sawtooth staff to have the bathrooms and catering room spotlessly clean by 9 a.m. sharp before the wedding party arrives. When I arrived from another morning event at 8:30 a.m. we found this particular wedding party and 20 family members were already on the grounds setting up, outside the contracted hours (which avail them the grounds from 9 a.m.- midnight, when they are expected). I immediately talked to some members of the family and our team personally cleaned the bathrooms and catering room by 9 a.m.

This wedding included a lot of family involvement on the day of. I worked with the bride and mother of the bride on numerous occasions leading up to this event and they were a pleasure throughout the process.

As for facilities for the physically impaired, we are fully ADA compliant. Sawtooth Winery offers wheelchair accessible facilities, including a bathroom located at the front entrance of our building, ramps for the gazebo entrance, and special tastings in our production room and outdoor facilities to accommodate those who cannot use the stairs that lead up to our tasting room.

To this party, specifically: We respectfully hear your concerns regarding this particular wedding and continually strive to ensure the quality of our venue. Sawtooth Estate Winery has earned its sterling reputation for premium, award-winning wines, stunning views from its tasting room, and spectacular customer service with hundreds of successful weddings like this one. We thank you again for informing us on ways we can improve and better communicate with our valued customers.

-Kelli Geselle, Tasting Room Manager, Sawtooth Estate Winery"

Reviewed 26 April 2009

Yesterday we took a long drive around southern Idaho. Desert, but irrigated agricultural land, brought us to Sawtooth Winery. The winery site is on a lava flow ridge surrounded by the vineyard. The view is long, but not exciting. We paid $3 to taste their cheaper wines. The staff was knowledgeable and friendly. We found the white wines more to our liking. The Viognier, Pinot Gris, and Rose' were our favorites, and we bought them. The reds seemed less succesful, but some aging could change that.

It is a long drive out there. Not much to see, but the winery is a pleasant stop with friendly people, some good wine, and, on a Spring day, worth the trip.

1  Thank sullivan1212

Been to Sawtooth Winery? Share your experiences!