“Extremely nice hotel”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nampa at the Idaho Center
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Nampa
Reviewed 2 September 2013

This was a businesses trip but should have been a holiday! This hotel was next to a trail that gave you access to some great trails along the river, wonderful scenery…a nice restaurant next door and a couple minutes from shopping. We had easy access to downtown Boise as well. The breakfast was good, the coffee hot and the staff very accommodating. Highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Our group had three different rooms and we all were impressed.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Schopke, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nampa at the Idaho Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Pat,

Thank you so much for you wonderful review. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay. If we can do anything to make your next stay even better, please let me know.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

When we visit Nampa we usually stay at a different hotel, but this time my daughter brought her dog. Being pet friendly we decided on the Holiday Inn. Rooms were very nice and spacious. My grandkids loved the idea of the sofa bed and their own TV. Its a real treat for them to stay with us and go swimming. Downside was the pool ventilation was poor as our eyes were burning from too much chlorine. It didn't matter if you swam or just sit around and watch the kids it was hard to breath. I think the ceiling was too low and all the vapors were trapped between the pool and the ceiling. All in all the place was nice and would stay again but not on the freeway side. Too noisy.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your review of our property. I am happy to hear we could accommodate your daughter's dog. We feel they are part of the family as well.

Our pool is a salt water pool. Because of this we have had to contract out maintenance of our pool. Since we have converted the pool to salt water we have had this issue. However, we have made the decision to convert our pool to a chlorine pool and this will solve the issues you had. Being a chlorine pool, we will be able to regulate the chlorine levels and this issue will be solved.

We also have white noise machines that we provide to our guests that are lighter sleepers. We have found that our guests are really enjoying the soundness of their sleep with these white noise machines. Next time feel free to check one out at the front desk and give it a try.

If there is anything I can do for you to make you feel better about your stay please don't hesitate to let me know. Additionally, I would love to make your next stay with us even better. So please reach out to me.
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Nampa, Idaho Center
208-466-4045

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Hotel it self was normal for a HI Express. Our problem was with hotel and transportation to hotel from the airport. We were quoted a AAA rate for our room and a $15.00 charge to the hotel from the Boise airport. Upon arrival the clerk stated she had given us the wrong rate info. The manager had told her that her rate sheets were not current, and that we would have to pay the regular retail rate for the hotel plus $30.00 for transportation. I argued that the rate I was quoted was what I should have to pay, and after much discussion I paid the original quoted rate. I don't know what the real truth was, but it seemed to be the "bait and switch" operation.
The next morning I asked the clerk if it was possible to get a ride across the freeway (1/2mi approx. She said there would be a $3.00 fee for each person. I feel this is very petty. It is not the 3.00 but just the idea of such a charge for a 1/2mi. ride. I passed and got a ride from someone else. For this reason I would never stay here again. The Hotel showed its true colors by trying the shenanigans it did.

Room Tip: Go across the freeway and stay at the Hampton Inn
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marshall T
Schopke, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nampa at the Idaho Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thank you for leaving a review with us about your stay. First let me apologize for any confusion that may have occurred regarding your rate as you were here. This "bait and switch" tactic is not something we do and honestly sounds unethical and unlawful.
In regards to how our shuttle is charged we do price the shuttle fee according to the amount is for your night stay. According to our records we only charged you $15. Where you may be confused is that the amount we paid the taxi driver for your stay was $30. The cost for us to do local shuttle rides is $3. The reason we do this is to offset the cost have having an employ shuttle guests around town to different destinations. Our Hotel is small and does not have a permanent shuttle/taxi driver or service so this is how we have discovered is the best way to make the most people happy.
I hope I have answered all your questions/concerns about your stay with us but if you would like to call me and speak with me personally i would love to chat with you. My work number is listed below, please don't hesitate to call.
Best Regards and safe Travels
Rob S.
Holiday Inn Express and Suites at the Idaho Center

Reviewed 20 August 2013

the hotel was nice ... price was average not too much but not cheap either. The room were comfortable, the 10 & 11pm pool closing time was limiting to our needs. The only real bad thing was that 3 out of 5 days they left a wet shower matt after cleaning. It was clean and folded just not dry. However I would stay there again, it was comfortable.

Room Tip: we got the king suite room with a separate bedroom it had a king in the main room and a separate roo...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
George B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nampa at the Idaho Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Well Tracy thank you for choosing to stay at our express here in the Boise area. We are one of the few Holiday Inn Express's with suites available, and it looks like you stayed in one of our biggest ones. We appreciate your feedback on the wet shower mat and have spoken to the house keepers to resolve this. We would love to have you come stay with us again when you travel back up from Las Vegas in the future.
Holiday Inn Express at the Idaho Center

Reviewed 19 August 2013

A long day of driving and no booked room led us to this hotel- you usually know what your get with a Holiday Inn Express. The night and morning staff were very friendly. I was quite impressed with how ADA accessible this hotel was- even the pool! My only complaint was the sheets on the bed- they were pilled and made for an uncomfortable night's sleep- definitely past their prime and needed to be tossed. Breakfast was the usual cinnamon rolls to get us started on another day of driving.

Room Tip: Hotel sits just off the interstate- stay on the side away from the road.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank You for choosing to stay at our Holiday Inn Express. We do Appologize about the sheets not being up to par for your visit, we completely change them out quite often but every now and then some slip through the cracks. Next time your in town give us a call and we would love to get you that clean comfortable room that you expect, and we will also make sure your on the non-freeway side to the property.
Holiday Inn Express at the Idaho Center

Reviewed 16 August 2013

The workers were all super nice, friendly, and helpful. The entire hotel was super clean! It was easy to get to and they even helped us get a great rate! My favorite part is their breakfast was open till 11am. Most others close at 9 or 10. I have 4 kids and I hate waking then up early to eat breakfast. It was wonderful to let them sleep in, especially after being in the car for 12 hours the day before!

• Stayed: August 2013
Schopke, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nampa at the Idaho Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

I am happy that you enjoyed our hotel. I always tell everyone that no matter how clean our hotel is, not matter how nice our establishment is, our staff is top notch. I am happy to hear you found out staff as great as I do. Thanks for you stay and come back to visit us again.

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Ph. 208-466-4045
Em. robs@inntrusted.com

Reviewed 6 August 2013

The first time we stayed there it was a night from hell. Music from a wedding going on and then what sounded like the people above us trying to jump through the floor, very little sleep. The staff however was very nice and upon staying there again, we have a very uneventful stay. We enjoyed the pool, breakfast was good, and the rooms were clean. Didn't enjoy the smoky smell in the elevator and the hallways but everything else was great.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your Review. I am very happy to hear that you took me up on my offer to put you up at our hotel again. I am also happy to hear that you second stay went really well. We really do have a great establishment and our staff is top notch. In the future, if we can do anything for you, please don't hesitate to ask me.

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Ph. 208-466-4045
Em. robs@inntrusted.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nampa
Hampton Inn & Suites Boise/Nampa at the Idaho Center
#4 of 11 in Nampa
Shilo Inn Suites - Nampa Suites
8 mi away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boise West - Meridian

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nampa at the Idaho Center? Share your experiences!