“A hidden gem under the '60s decor”

Shilo Inn Suites - Nampa Suites
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Nampa
Calgary, Canada
“A hidden gem under the '60s decor”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I've never chosen to stay at a Shilo Inn before because they're so ugly. The logo's type style was SOOOO trendy in 1969...and the stucco...and the colors...how could these people possibly run a good hotel?
Well, they do.
Once I got past my aesthetic objections, I discovered a very good basic hotel with good people and everything you need to be comfortable and safe. The building is terribly dated, but the rooms are up to date, and that's what counts.
The associated restaurant is not at all to my liking (friends don't let friends eat at Denny's, or at the Canyon Creek Restaurant and Lounge with its Nightly Specials), but there are places I prefer within a short drive so it's not a big deal. There are seldom decent restaurants near any Holiday Inn Expresses either. The breakfast was rudimentary. A sign says you should wait to be seated, but the puzzled, frazzled employee who periodically erupts from the kitchen to check on things doesn't understand why you don't just go sit down so they can "get to you as soon as we can." They have some serious staffing issues.
My only real objection: the in-room coffee pot and the coffee pods that come with it make very bad coffee. Not a serious problem, because during the day there is good coffee in the lobby (but not during the odd hours when I tend to want coffee).
My particular thanks are to the great staff. These people appear to enjoy their work and their customers, and they do their work well and leave their customers satisfied.I won't hesitate again to stay at a Shilo,now that I've seen what they really are. The price is very good and the shortcomings are unimportant compared to the real strengths.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Nampa Suites, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Hello Adox,

Thank you so much for your feedback on your stay with us. Here at the Shilo Inn – Nampa Suites, we strive to meet or exceed all of our guests expectations and provide each guest with “ Affordable Excellence”. It is through feedback from our guests that we can measure our success. So thank you very much. We continue to update our rooms one at a time. We know how important this is to our guests.

I appreciate you sharing your opinion concerning the restaurant and them having a serious staffing issue. I am sure the owner of the restaurant will also appreciate your feedback.

Each and every staff member of The Shilo Inn – Nampa Suites thank you for your kind comments on the service they strive to provide each guest with. We all do enjoy our jobs and our guests. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again.

Cindy Sullivan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Sandy, Utah
Reviewed 27 May 2013

My wife and I recently came up to visit our friends.We were highly recommended to stay at this hotel. The second we walked in we were greeted by such a wonderful and friendly woman who made us feel like family. Our room was gorgeous and even nicer than most hotels we have stayed at. Everything was great!! We will definitely be back soon!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Nampa Suites, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
Dear Jay J,

Let me start by thanking you for taking time out of you schedule to let us know about your stay with us. It is through comments from our guests that we continue to strive for “Affordable Excellent” . Without feedback from our valued guest we cannot continue to meet or exceed our guests' expectations. With that I thank you!

Reviewed 29 April 2013 via mobile

Room was just ok. There were cigarette burns in the chair cushions, holes in the carpet,etc. The room was a nice size, but not a great deal for the price. It was convenient to the Idaho Center. Breakfast was a $5 .00 discount at the restaurant across the way.

Stayed April 2013
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Nampa Suites, responded to this review, 1 May 2013
Dear Mrs. Ruth B,

Thank you so much for your feedback. It is through feedback from our valued guest that we can strive to meet our goal of providing each guest with “Affordable Excellence”. The breakfast is to be off the pick 3 menu so you can have a (cheese omelet, hash browns, and pancakes) or if you do not choose the pick 3 menu you can use it towards $5.00 of any menu item. We have guest on special diets and the $5.00 off seems to suffice more guests it they choose this option.

Thank you so much for your comments and feedback.

Sincerely

Cindy S.
meandgracie
Reviewed 14 March 2013

The management does a great job with outreach. They are always very accessible and willing to meet your needs. It's a warm friendly place and is always clean. It even smells good. It is conveniently located off of route I-84 and they give you a breakfast pass for a restaurant in the same lot. I use it for my getaways when I need to rest and get work done, or take the kids swimming.

Room Tip: Check with Alan or Cindy for some great deals.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank meandgracie
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Nampa Suites, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Dear meandgracie,

We appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to give us your feedback. Your feedback help us to continue to meet or exceed our guest expectations while maintaining Affordable excellent our guest have come to expect. I will share your comment with the staff.

Hermiston, Oregon
Reviewed 24 December 2012

Good price & nice staff , but - Probably a 19 inch tube type TV with about no channels , heater was noisy but I have earplugs - Carpet was dirty , had apparently pine needles & various other stuff on it .. But , had a good breakfast at the adjoining restaurant , overall not a bad night for an emergency stop ...

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rust-E-Junque
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Nampa Suites, responded to this review, 26 December 2012
Dear Rust-E-Junque,

Thank you so much for your comments and for taking the time out of your day to let us know how we are doing. It is through comments such as yours that we can continue to improve. I encourage you to bring any issues up to us and we will happily and immediately take care of them. I will share your comments with the staff as we continue to strive for Shilo Inns - Affordable Excellence for all of our valued guests.

Ellensburg, Washington
Reviewed 24 November 2012

We were traveling thru Idaho driving a U-haul truck and needed a place to stay that would accept dogs. We called from the road at around 10:00 pm and were able to find two rooms at what we considerd very reasonable rates. The accomodations were roomy and clean and the towels were thick and soft. The beds comfortable and the staff extremely helpful and friendly. I don't travel much but when I do I want a nice quiet, clean room at a reasonable price and this Shilo Inn fit the bill.

Room Tip: We had a room on the ground floor away from the freeway and it quiet at night.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nancy H
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Nampa Suites, responded to this review, 27 November 2012
Dear Nancy H,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to let us know how we are doing. We value all of our guests and their opinions. I have shared your comments with my staff and they all very much appreciated them. They all strive to meet or exceed Shilo Inns goal of Affordable Excellent along with Friendliness and Cleanliness.

Cindy Sullivan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nampa
Sleep Inn
La Quinta Inn Caldwell
La Quinta Inn Caldwell
#2 of 3 in Caldwell
Best Western Plus Caldwell Inn & Suites

Been to Shilo Inn Suites - Nampa Suites? Share your experiences!