“Friendly and nice”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Nampa
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Friendly and nice”
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

This was our second time staying at this Shilo. We will stay here every time we are up this way. We had a 2 queen room, it was very spacious. Our kids love the pool. Breakfast was yummy. Beds are comfortable. Staff is super nice and helpful. Great value!

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Shilo I, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Nampa Suites, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Dear Stahr A,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. I am so glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We truly appreciate you taking time to let us know how your stay with us was. It is through comments from our guests that we are able to measure how we are doing. Our goal is to provide “ Affordable Excellence” to each and every guest we have stay with us. We hope we have the pleasure of having you and your family stay with us again.

Cindy Sullivan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Port Saint Lucie, Florida, United States
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I had a wounderfull stay at this Hotel. At first I thought o no but for my 5 day stay it was pleasant.
Had a couple of problems with toilet and a/c but they were right on top of it. The staff is great.
Everyone was so helpful. My grandchildren enjoyed the pool. The only thing I could think of they should put in new TV's and upgrade the carpet. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. Overall I will be staying there again on my next trip to Idaho. Another thing I felt very safe staying there alone. Would highly recommend for the price.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Shilo I, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Nampa Suites, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Hello Roe,

Thank you for the review, we always look forward to hear how our guests stay was. I am so glad to hear that your grandchildren enjoyed the pool during your visit with us. We have been changing out the TV’s but do not have them all changed out yet. The carpet has also been changed out in some of our rooms but we still have some that need new carpet. We continue to update our rooms as business allows us to.

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay was. It is only through feedback from our guests that we can continue to grow. Our goal is to provide each guest with “Affordable Excellence” by having the cleanliness and friendliness.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I've never chosen to stay at a Shilo Inn before because they're so ugly. The logo's type style was SOOOO trendy in 1969...and the stucco...and the colors...how could these people possibly run a good hotel?
Well, they do.
Once I got past my aesthetic objections, I discovered a very good basic hotel with good people and everything you need to be comfortable and safe. The building is terribly dated, but the rooms are up to date, and that's what counts.
The associated restaurant is not at all to my liking (friends don't let friends eat at Denny's, or at the Canyon Creek Restaurant and Lounge with its Nightly Specials), but there are places I prefer within a short drive so it's not a big deal. There are seldom decent restaurants near any Holiday Inn Expresses either. The breakfast was rudimentary. A sign says you should wait to be seated, but the puzzled, frazzled employee who periodically erupts from the kitchen to check on things doesn't understand why you don't just go sit down so they can "get to you as soon as we can." They have some serious staffing issues.
My only real objection: the in-room coffee pot and the coffee pods that come with it make very bad coffee. Not a serious problem, because during the day there is good coffee in the lobby (but not during the odd hours when I tend to want coffee).
My particular thanks are to the great staff. These people appear to enjoy their work and their customers, and they do their work well and leave their customers satisfied.I won't hesitate again to stay at a Shilo,now that I've seen what they really are. The price is very good and the shortcomings are unimportant compared to the real strengths.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Nampa Suites, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Hello Adox,

Thank you so much for your feedback on your stay with us. Here at the Shilo Inn – Nampa Suites, we strive to meet or exceed all of our guests expectations and provide each guest with “ Affordable Excellence”. It is through feedback from our guests that we can measure our success. So thank you very much. We continue to update our rooms one at a time. We know how important this is to our guests.

I appreciate you sharing your opinion concerning the restaurant and them having a serious staffing issue. I am sure the owner of the restaurant will also appreciate your feedback.

Each and every staff member of The Shilo Inn – Nampa Suites thank you for your kind comments on the service they strive to provide each guest with. We all do enjoy our jobs and our guests. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again.

Sandy, Utah
Reviewed 27 May 2013

My wife and I recently came up to visit our friends.We were highly recommended to stay at this hotel. The second we walked in we were greeted by such a wonderful and friendly woman who made us feel like family. Our room was gorgeous and even nicer than most hotels we have stayed at. Everything was great!! We will definitely be back soon!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Nampa Suites, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
Dear Jay J,

Let me start by thanking you for taking time out of you schedule to let us know about your stay with us. It is through comments from our guests that we continue to strive for “Affordable Excellent” . Without feedback from our valued guest we cannot continue to meet or exceed our guests' expectations. With that I thank you!

Reviewed 29 April 2013 via mobile

Room was just ok. There were cigarette burns in the chair cushions, holes in the carpet,etc. The room was a nice size, but not a great deal for the price. It was convenient to the Idaho Center. Breakfast was a $5 .00 discount at the restaurant across the way.

Stayed April 2013
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Nampa Suites, responded to this review, 1 May 2013
Dear Mrs. Ruth B,

Thank you so much for your feedback. It is through feedback from our valued guest that we can strive to meet our goal of providing each guest with “Affordable Excellence”. The breakfast is to be off the pick 3 menu so you can have a (cheese omelet, hash browns, and pancakes) or if you do not choose the pick 3 menu you can use it towards $5.00 of any menu item. We have guest on special diets and the $5.00 off seems to suffice more guests it they choose this option.

Thank you so much for your comments and feedback.

Sincerely

Cindy S.
meandgracie
Reviewed 14 March 2013

The management does a great job with outreach. They are always very accessible and willing to meet your needs. It's a warm friendly place and is always clean. It even smells good. It is conveniently located off of route I-84 and they give you a breakfast pass for a restaurant in the same lot. I use it for my getaways when I need to rest and get work done, or take the kids swimming.

Room Tip: Check with Alan or Cindy for some great deals.