“A bit of a twilight zone”

Shilo Inn Suites - Nampa Suites
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Nampa
Reviewed 17 October 2013

The room was old but it was clean. The freeway noise was deafening. The restaurant was... odd. But the thing that sticks in my mind was the very unhappy person manning the front desk. She could care less if you said hello, smiled, gave her a credit card. The funny thing was she was standing right underneath the "employee of the quarter" sign which contained a picture of herself leading me to ponder what the rest of the staff was like...

Room Tip: keep driving and find something else
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Nampa Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear RayPays,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. It is through feedback from our valued guests that we strive for excellence. We will take the time with this employee to teach her the guest perception, and I am so sorry you were not greeted with the friendliness our guests have come to expect.

Concerning the freeway noise, this is not something our guests usually have an issue with, but for your future visits with us we would be more than happy to give you a different room farther away. If you ever have a problem with our hotel, please let me assure you we will do everything in our power to take care of you.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

This is an older hotel that needs updating - TV was a tiny old thing from the 90's, old wallpaper & worn carpet. The hall on our floor smelled faintly of smoke - although our non smoking room smelled fine. The carpet in the room needed a good cleaning or replacement.
Otherwise it is a solid 3.5 stars - room is very big with 2 queens & a small seating area plus fridge & microwave. Allowed 2 Great Danes for one $25 fee for 5 nights, good sized grassy areas & an open field behind (had doggy bag dispensers but no bags were ever stocked). Stairs exited to the side near the potty areas. We had a room next to the elevator but never heard it or any of the other guests. Water was hot with good pressure & shower head. Plenty of towels & pillows. Staff friendly and helpful. You get a breakfast certificate for each night stay but we never used the restaurant.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Nampa Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear C-monkey,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us, your feedback is so appreciated. We truly value all of our guests and strive to meet their expectations while they are with us. We are making updates to the hotel. We are 100% smoke free hotel. I am so sorry we did not meet or exceed your expectation of Shilo Inns “Affordable Excellent” our guests have come to expect. We will continue to strive to meet all of our guests expectations and want to thank you for your time in giving us your feedback.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

This place has not been renovated since the 1970's at best. 13 in TV in the room. A microwave so small that nothing fits. Dirty carpet and so dark in the halls you wold run into someone not knowing they are standing in front of you. Worst hotel around. Beds are old and the wall paper is coming off. This is a total rip off....The pool was good.

Room Tip: They have no good rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank scarpa1977
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Nampa Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear scarpa1977,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us, your feedback is so appreciated. We truly value all of our guest and strive to meet their expectations while they are with us. We are gradually replacing the small TV’s, old wallpaper & worn carpets. We are 100% smoke free hotel. I am so sorry we did not meet or exceed your expectation of Shilo Inns “Affordable Excellent” our guest have come to expect. We will continue to strive to meet all of our guests expectations and want to thank you for your time in giving us your feedback.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

This was our second time staying at this Shilo. We will stay here every time we are up this way. We had a 2 queen room, it was very spacious. Our kids love the pool. Breakfast was yummy. Beds are comfortable. Staff is super nice and helpful. Great value!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Shilo I, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Nampa Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear Stahr A,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. I am so glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We truly appreciate you taking time to let us know how your stay with us was. It is through comments from our guests that we are able to measure how we are doing. Our goal is to provide “ Affordable Excellence” to each and every guest we have stay with us. We hope we have the pleasure of having you and your family stay with us again.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

I had a wounderfull stay at this Hotel. At first I thought o no but for my 5 day stay it was pleasant.
Had a couple of problems with toilet and a/c but they were right on top of it. The staff is great.
Everyone was so helpful. My grandchildren enjoyed the pool. The only thing I could think of they should put in new TV's and upgrade the carpet. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. Overall I will be staying there again on my next trip to Idaho. Another thing I felt very safe staying there alone. Would highly recommend for the price.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Shilo I, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Nampa Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Hello Roe,

Thank you for the review, we always look forward to hear how our guests stay was. I am so glad to hear that your grandchildren enjoyed the pool during your visit with us. We have been changing out the TV’s but do not have them all changed out yet. The carpet has also been changed out in some of our rooms but we still have some that need new carpet. We continue to update our rooms as business allows us to.

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay was. It is only through feedback from our guests that we can continue to grow. Our goal is to provide each guest with “Affordable Excellence” by having the cleanliness and friendliness.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

I've never chosen to stay at a Shilo Inn before because they're so ugly. The logo's type style was SOOOO trendy in 1969...and the stucco...and the colors...how could these people possibly run a good hotel?
Well, they do.
Once I got past my aesthetic objections, I discovered a very good basic hotel with good people and everything you need to be comfortable and safe. The building is terribly dated, but the rooms are up to date, and that's what counts.
The associated restaurant is not at all to my liking (friends don't let friends eat at Denny's, or at the Canyon Creek Restaurant and Lounge with its Nightly Specials), but there are places I prefer within a short drive so it's not a big deal. There are seldom decent restaurants near any Holiday Inn Expresses either. The breakfast was rudimentary. A sign says you should wait to be seated, but the puzzled, frazzled employee who periodically erupts from the kitchen to check on things doesn't understand why you don't just go sit down so they can "get to you as soon as we can." They have some serious staffing issues.
My only real objection: the in-room coffee pot and the coffee pods that come with it make very bad coffee. Not a serious problem, because during the day there is good coffee in the lobby (but not during the odd hours when I tend to want coffee).
My particular thanks are to the great staff. These people appear to enjoy their work and their customers, and they do their work well and leave their customers satisfied.I won't hesitate again to stay at a Shilo,now that I've seen what they really are. The price is very good and the shortcomings are unimportant compared to the real strengths.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Nampa Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Hello Adox,

Thank you so much for your feedback on your stay with us. Here at the Shilo Inn – Nampa Suites, we strive to meet or exceed all of our guests expectations and provide each guest with “ Affordable Excellence”. It is through feedback from our guests that we can measure our success. So thank you very much. We continue to update our rooms one at a time. We know how important this is to our guests.

I appreciate you sharing your opinion concerning the restaurant and them having a serious staffing issue. I am sure the owner of the restaurant will also appreciate your feedback.

Each and every staff member of The Shilo Inn – Nampa Suites thank you for your kind comments on the service they strive to provide each guest with. We all do enjoy our jobs and our guests. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

My wife and I recently came up to visit our friends.We were highly recommended to stay at this hotel. The second we walked in we were greeted by such a wonderful and friendly woman who made us feel like family. Our room was gorgeous and even nicer than most hotels we have stayed at. Everything was great!! We will definitely be back soon!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Nampa Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Dear Jay J,

Let me start by thanking you for taking time out of you schedule to let us know about your stay with us. It is through comments from our guests that we continue to strive for “Affordable Excellent” . Without feedback from our valued guest we cannot continue to meet or exceed our guests' expectations. With that I thank you!