“Kindness”

Shilo Inn Suites - Nampa Suites
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Nampa
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We went to Nampa to see my daughter & grandson. What we didn't know was it was also High School Championship tournaments for Baseball, Softball & Track. All of the hotels we booked solid thru the weekend. We had brought my Parents along with us (they are 85 & 89) After several failed attempts at finding some rooms we tried Shilo Inn Suites in Nampa. The manager told us she was sorry but then said wait a minute let me work on it. She moved some people around and gave us an apartment room right by a Handicap parking spot and private entrance. We were so grateful as my folks were really tired.The Manager Cindy Sullivan could see this and got us taken care of. Not only did Mrs. Sullivan save the day for my family, she went way above and beyond her power to make us feel special. Not only that but the exercise, steam, sauna and pool was great. Not to mention free breakfast every morning, madeit a bargain too. Again thanks to the Staff Cindy Sullivan, Judith Hayward, Shawna Foley Judy Lee. They all took great care of my family and I am glad to tell all travelers about what a exceptional stay we had. Thank You all And well see you in June.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Kevin C

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Although this hotel still issues metal keys, which can be somewhat awkward when attempting to enter either/both room and side entrances with luggage, etc., that wasn't a problem. The constant dripping of water from the ceiling fan/light in the middle of the night caused some concern, although reporting the situation to the management the following morning didn't seem to warrant any communication nor update, also no reimbursement for middle of the night inconvenience. The front desk staff, like Sue, however, were always pleasant and helpful, e.g. when housekeeping had not replaced fresh hand towels. Be advised about the breakfast situation: yes, $5 vouchers are available BUT they can NOT be used for takeout, which was extremely inconvenient due to my work schedule beginning prior to 6 a.m. when the adjacent restaurant opens.

Room Tip: Rooms on opposite side of lobby entrance and away from stairway have quieter locations.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank asis76
Reviewed 23 May 2014

When we checked in, we were given big bulky keys, just like a house key to a door. So inconvenient to carry around. Knew from then that it would be a terrible stay. The elevator didnt seem all that safe, as it moved/shifted while the door was open, and i walked through the door as it was closing, and it kept closing. The elevator door did not register that i was in the doorway. Unsafe!!We went to the pool and the hot tub was lukewarm. I love hot tubs so this was disappointing. The water was disgusting as well, I saw dirt and grim floating around and immediately got out. You had to travel to the next door restaurant for breakfast. The breakfast was not that great, and it didn't include drinks. I have stayed at Shilos before but this one ensure that I will never visit again

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Autumn299
Reviewed 8 March 2014

A friend booked this room for us and I found it quite good. It was very, very clean. It did not have a bad smell. The shower was hot. There was even organic soap.

There were accessible outlets for charging. The blackout drapes worked fine. It was quiet with no external noise at all. The desk staff was very friendly and there was coffee in the lobby. There was also a microwave and mini fridge in our unit which seemed to work fine.

There was, oddly, a telephone on the wall in the bathroom. We, um, had no need to use it. :o)

They give a breakfast voucher for the restaurant across the parking lot. We got in very quickly and enjoyed a hot breakfast of eggs, bacon, sausage and pancakes. it was not stellar, but nothing to complain about. I was a bit surprised by the 2$ glass of orange juice (my friend ordered 2) and the charge for coffee there, which they charged us without informing us first that it was not included in the meal voucher. But, we didn't ask first, either. The wait staff there was friendly enough.

Overall a great value for the price. I would definitely go again.

Room Tip: I believe there are 4 floors at this location, and the elevator was a tad slow.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard S
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Nampa Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Themax3000,

Thank you so much for giving us your feedback on how your stay with us went. We strive for excellence every day and it’s feedback from our guests that we can use to measure our success. We take all of our guest reviews very serious and want to thank you for your positive opinion. I am very sorry to hear that you were not informed the breakfast voucher was only for breakfast and not beverages. I will make a point to let the restaurant know, they should have told you so this surprise does not happen again.
Thank you so much for choosing Shilo Inn – Nampa Suites for your hotel needs. Our goal is to provide “Affordable Excellence’” to our guests.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

The staff here have been great, for years. I always love coming, for that reason and others. This weekend, Kiley was her usual pleasant self. She made it a warm place to come in from out of the cold.

The lobby was clean an presentable. There was a lovely Christmas tree with lights and my daughters were able to sit and play with some singing snowman toys

Room Tip: We always get one near the pool.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank meandgracie
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Nampa Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear Meandgracie,

We appreciate you taking time to let us know how your stay with us was. It means so very much to all of the employees when a guest takes the time to recognized their efforts, so thank you for doing this.

We want our guest to always feel like this is their home away from home with the Holiday decorations. We strive to meet all of our guest needs and greatly appreciate each and every one we have visit us .

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stay here whenever we are in the area. It is not fancy, and not updated too much, but usually clean enough and quiet enough. I have loved the bed in room 106 this visit...if not a new bed, surely seems so...so comfortable I must find out what kind so I can get one in our own home. Have not been well, so sleeping a lot this visit and I cannot imagine a more comfortable bed.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NCQuiltlady
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Nampa Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear NCQuiltlady,

Thank you so very much for your kind words and for taking the time to give us feedback on you visit to the Shilo Inn – Nampa Suites. It is through comments we can measure our success and failure and continue to meet what our guest have come to expect from Shilo Inns “Affordable Excellence” .

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I've stayed at multiple hotels threw out the Boise area over the last year. Been constantly disappointment with the arrogance and lack of friendliness exhibited by staff members threw out the City by other hotel chains. Must say that it was more than refreshing to have the shilo inn nampa sweets change my opinion on the overall goodness and friendliness of the people of Boise. I will not stay anywhere else now! These people actually give a damn about your experience. It's extremely affordable and convenient being that it's right off the freeway. I highly recommend it to anyone

• Stayed: October 2013
Shilohotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Nampa Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Hello Jwilson6,

I appreciate that you taken the time to let us know how your stays at the Shilo Inn – Nampa Suites have been. We pride ourselves in “Friendliness and Cleanliness” and truly strive to meet all of our guest expectations. It is through feedback from our guests that we can measure our success and failures. We will continue to do everything we can to insure all of our guests have a pleasant stay.