“Budget, but really low budget”

and 1 more site!
Hartland Inn & Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 New Meadows B&B and Inns
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Budget, but really low budget”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I'm a biker and I travel the West all summer whenever I can save comp time to make a four day weekend. That's pretty often. But I'm a working stiff. So I choose budget motels when my wife isn't riding with me.

This isn't a new place. The furniture is likely original 1950s. The rooms and bathroom are tiny. The room smelled stale, not unlike mold or a draft from an army latrine on a summer day. Several corners had spider webs. The one by the door was rich with dead bugs and spider eggs.

There is a nice shady yard with tables for evening conversation or outdoor dining. But this place should be avoided unless you're truly a low budget traveler. In fairness, this area is a resort area and prices run high. A little cleaning would go a long way.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank K W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Caldwell, Idaho
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I have been traveling to this area for years, the best place, I have found to stay, is the Heartland Inn, in New Meadows. I so love the room I have. It is nicer than any of the branded hotels in the McCall area. If you are traveling to the McCall, Idaho area, check out the Heartland Inn.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank horsechick
Annie204C, Manager at Hartland Inn & Motel, responded to this review, 13 September 2016
Thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future!
The Hartland Inn Staff
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I booked this Inn because I thought I would be staying in a restored historic mansion with the rooms looking like the ones shown on their slideshow. However, when I was directed to my room, it was in a shed row type motel in the back. The sheets may have been clean, however the smell of stale sweat permeated the bed and pillows. I felt like the owners gravely misrepresented their property. If you are looking for a cheap low end motel, this is the place. If you are looking to stay in a restored historic mansion with lots of character and charm, this is certainly NOT the place.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Laurie C

Travellers are raving about these New Meadows hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 July 2012

As a cyclist touring the trans am I particularly enjoy meeting friendly locals and having a great place to sleep. This motel /B&B did not disappoint as the hospitality was remarkable.

I stayed in the motel section, very reasonable rate and good simple clean accommodation. The inn itself looked very hospitable and I spent some time in the little pub and was very appreciative that the owners let me do my laundry in their machines.

I would certainly recommend this inn/motel for others who are looking for a night under shelter.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Thank you for your review.
The Hartland Inn Staff
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 25 June 2012

New Meadows isn't a destination town,you find it nestled along the highway perhaps forgotten about, but I debating returning to New Meadows for another stay here at the Hartland Inn. I like quaint and not cookie cutter, corporate places that every room is the exact same. For those like me who come from a big city, yes the motel rooms are a bit like stepping back in time, they are not decorated with all stuff you would find at the Hilton or the Wit but if thats what you are looking for then stay inside the main house where they offer a bed and breakfast room, breakfast is optional. The main house is beautifully restored and gushing with uniqueness and taste. I loved the inside! All the detail, it was gorgeous. The Hartland Inn also has a very large yard with trees, many tables that had umbrellas, a covered deck, barbeque's and a wonderful loving dog named Harry. It was splendid that we all could hang outside, cook and let the kids play. It felt like we visiting at someone's house. Our room , #11, had a stove, full size fridge and plenty of counter space for preparing meals. We also had a dining table and bench in the room. There is an assortment of plates, cups, utensils, pots and pans, pitchers and cutting boards. I myself found all this things to be fun and almost like a treasure hunt.I did not get to see the other building that house the suites and condos but they looked very nice. JoBeth and Steve along with their dog, Harry are the owners and are friendly and accommodating people. I had a very nice chat with JoBeth one night and Steve gave me a sweater to borrow since I had left mine and it was freezing. My only tip is bring some repellant for the bugs, a little extra cash for the gift shops across the street and an open mind.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2012 via mobile

What a pleasant surprise! After riding all day on a motorcycle to meet such wonderful people. The location is beautiful surrounded by mountains. The owners are friendly. The rooms were clean. I got a nice cold beer from the bar and relaxed in the hot tub. Who could ask for more? I would recommend this to any of my friends.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Vision001
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Hotel taken back a few years ago after sale of property failed. Older (owners) couple keeping up the place. Very nice people, room clean but a bit tattered. We stayed in motel part, separate from the hotel. There is a B&B inside the hotel and also few large suites in another newer (also) separate building. Room had king bed, small refrigerator, tv. - price with tax was $70.20.

Room Tip: If you can afford the B&B they would be better than the motel. The newer building that has sui...