“Very nice place to stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Helgeson Place Hotel Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Orofino
Helgeson Place Hotel Suites
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Orofino
Boise, Idaho
“Very nice place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

If you ever go to Orofino this is the place to stay. Our room was very large with a complete kitchen. This would be the perfect place for anyone getting to stay in town for more than a few days, you are able to save $$ by not having to eat out all of the time!
Our room was clean and the staff were very helpful and friendly, not to mention the very affordable rates.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Portland, OR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2010

I flew up to visit my boyfriend while he works on a project out there. When we got to the hotel I was a bit worried by the looks of the outside (this was before I explored the rest of the town). However, I was pleasantly surprised at the looks inside, very clean and cared for. Our suite was nice sized. We had a full kitchen, but oddly no utensils. Had a good view of a hill with some deer munching while I read a book in a very comfortable chair. This is a super clean place. The staff where also friendly and helpful. If you ever find yourself in this town, this would be the place to stay.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lavender D
Boise
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2010

This was the best hotel on our entire trip. The entire staff was wonderful, very friendly and always smiling, they really make you feel like family. The hotel was unique, and the rooms are like little apartments, with couches and full size kitchens. The hotel was located right downtown so we were walking distance to all the shops & resturants. They have a great little breakfast that's also included in the room rate. Plus the price of the room was CHEAP, I mean cheap for what great rooms & service they provide. I will now make this a yearly trip just to stay at this fabulous hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TuckandLynne
boise
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2010

I have been going to the Helgeson on an off for 8 years i travel with my dog.
The vaule is great, rooms are very clean well kept hotel all around. The last time i stayed they added a pet bed and dish it was a great touch. I would and have recommended the helgeson to family & friends.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank sukie013
Jerome, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2010

perfect downtown location, full kitchen in all rooms. extremely clean and updated for the construction of the hotel. same owner as the best western, front desk ladies were friendly and accomaditing to us and kids. did not what to expect without being a chain hotel, but we were extremely satisfied with it all.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Seattle
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2010

This had to be one of the noisiest hotels my wife and I have ever stayed in. The doors to the suites all slammed unless the occupants slowly closed them. While the room was clean, the bed was pretty hard and not very comfortable. I was lucky if I got 3 or 4 hours of sleep.

As a city, Orofino doesn't have much going for it. It was hard to find a good restaurant and the small commercial area smelled like a half-full ashtray.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PacNWGuy
Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2009

Had come to Orofino for a funeral. We picked the Helgeson because we had dogs. The room we had was so so, Kitchen not furnished at all except for coffee maker. They put us next to a group of young men who were there to PARTY and fish. The men were noisy and very loud(walls are paper thin) and of course drunk. We complained the first night about 2:00-2:30am and nothing was done. We went to the funeral (of my long time boyfriend) very tired. We had traveled from Seattle and did not arrive until (9-9:30 the night before). After a very emotional and exhausting day we came back to our room for the night to sleep and get ready to travel all the way back to Seattle the next day. What a surprise...the "men" in the room next to us were at it again. We called the desk again, this time about 3:00am..Now they offerred to move us. We declined as it was the middle of the night etc...When we checked out, the girl at the desk giggled when I voiced my complaint for the 3rd time. "I'm sorry " she said. Turns out they know these fellas, they know them by name they come there ALL the time to PARTY and fish!! This whole experience was on my mind since June. I wrote a letter to the hotel stating everything as above. Awhile later (weeks) I got a call from a "manager" who left a message saying she did not approve of the way things were handled and wanted to talk with me. I could not make out what she said her name was but, I did call the hotel hoping someone would know who she was. Alas to no avail.. I also emailed again, trying to find the woman. No one answered my email and to this day Dec.22nd 2009 I have had no satisfaction. No wonder they are #3 out of 4 hotels in Orofino. They should be #5. I had told them I would email The BBB, Angies list and maybe the state atty. general. I guess this is as good a place as any to start.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank needscomfort
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orofino
BEST WESTERN PLUS Lodge at River's Edge
Hearthstone Elegant Lodge

Been to Helgeson Place Hotel Suites? Share your experiences!