“This Is The Place To Stay In Orofino, Idaho!”

Helgeson Place Hotel Suites
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Orofino
Reviewed 27 October 2010

This was the best hotel on our entire trip. The entire staff was wonderful, very friendly and always smiling, they really make you feel like family. The hotel was unique, and the rooms are like little apartments, with couches and full size kitchens. The hotel was located right downtown so we were walking distance to all the shops & resturants. They have a great little breakfast that's also included in the room rate. Plus the price of the room was CHEAP, I mean cheap for what great rooms & service they provide. I will now make this a yearly trip just to stay at this fabulous hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TuckandLynne

Reviewed 19 October 2010

I have been going to the Helgeson on an off for 8 years i travel with my dog.
The vaule is great, rooms are very clean well kept hotel all around. The last time i stayed they added a pet bed and dish it was a great touch. I would and have recommended the helgeson to family & friends.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank sukie013
Reviewed 8 October 2010

perfect downtown location, full kitchen in all rooms. extremely clean and updated for the construction of the hotel. same owner as the best western, front desk ladies were friendly and accomaditing to us and kids. did not what to expect without being a chain hotel, but we were extremely satisfied with it all.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2010

This had to be one of the noisiest hotels my wife and I have ever stayed in. The doors to the suites all slammed unless the occupants slowly closed them. While the room was clean, the bed was pretty hard and not very comfortable. I was lucky if I got 3 or 4 hours of sleep.

As a city, Orofino doesn't have much going for it. It was hard to find a good restaurant and the small commercial area smelled like a half-full ashtray.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PacNWGuy
Reviewed 22 December 2009

Had come to Orofino for a funeral. We picked the Helgeson because we had dogs. The room we had was so so, Kitchen not furnished at all except for coffee maker. They put us next to a group of young men who were there to PARTY and fish. The men were noisy and very loud(walls are paper thin) and of course drunk. We complained the first night about 2:00-2:30am and nothing was done. We went to the funeral (of my long time boyfriend) very tired. We had traveled from Seattle and did not arrive until (9-9:30 the night before). After a very emotional and exhausting day we came back to our room for the night to sleep and get ready to travel all the way back to Seattle the next day. What a surprise...the "men" in the room next to us were at it again. We called the desk again, this time about 3:00am..Now they offerred to move us. We declined as it was the middle of the night etc...When we checked out, the girl at the desk giggled when I voiced my complaint for the 3rd time. "I'm sorry " she said. Turns out they know these fellas, they know them by name they come there ALL the time to PARTY and fish!! This whole experience was on my mind since June. I wrote a letter to the hotel stating everything as above. Awhile later (weeks) I got a call from a "manager" who left a message saying she did not approve of the way things were handled and wanted to talk with me. I could not make out what she said her name was but, I did call the hotel hoping someone would know who she was. Alas to no avail.. I also emailed again, trying to find the woman. No one answered my email and to this day Dec.22nd 2009 I have had no satisfaction. No wonder they are #3 out of 4 hotels in Orofino. They should be #5. I had told them I would email The BBB, Angies list and maybe the state atty. general. I guess this is as good a place as any to start.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank needscomfort
Reviewed 23 July 2005

This is a 3-story hotel in a bank building, located in "downtown" Orofino. There are two chain hotels (S8 & BW) outside of town on the river. We didn't stay there because we wanted something "quaint" and not chain.
And we were rewarded!
You park out back of the bank / law office building, but register by entering from the main street.
Suites are on the 2-3-4 floors. The elevator is REALLY quaint! It has the old-time metal gate which you have to close to make the elevator work. But the elevator works just fine.
Suites are huge, clean, fully-equipped, and well-supported. We needed help with am electrical issue (of no consequence to others) and got excellent response @ 11pm.
HP has wireless internet. Their wireless card works better than mine but they will loan their's for free.
Best mattress we slept in (Simmons Beautyrest) for our entire trip.
Nice people. Would absolutely stay in again.
MUST take the "Upper Ford Drive" East of Orofino. It rises maybe 3/4 mile over the Clearwater River and the view is magnificant. What's neat, maybe, is NO GUARD RAILS ON A NARROW ROAD!
Great pizza @ the Pizza Factory.

10  Thank DurkHunt_TX
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orofino
Best Western Lodge At River's Edge
White Pine Motel
White Pine Motel
#4 of 4 in Orofino
Clearwater 12 Motel
Clearwater 12 Motel
#1 of 2 in Kamiah

Been to Helgeson Place Hotel Suites? Share your experiences!