“A gem hidden away from the highway...”
Review of Konkolville Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Orofino
Konkolville Motel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Orofino
Rainier, Oregon
“A gem hidden away from the highway...”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The Konkolville is a bit away from the highway, but this makes for a nice, slower-paced setting. While not on the banks of the creek (instead being across the road from it), the setting is nice. The railroad track behind the motel are rarely used, and the nearby sawmill makes very little noise. The rooms are a but outdated, but they are clean and well-maintained, aside from the nasty body-wash dispenser in the bathtub/shower.

The grill-your-own steak dinner that is offered Monday-Saturday is the hotel's crown jewel: for 16.98, you get a steak, a baked potato, and a salad. While you have to grill it yourself, the result is incredibly delicious and completely worth it. The owners were very friendly and helpful, and made the stay worth it, from check-in to to breakfast in the morning. Will be staying next time we go through.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lucas V

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The owners of this property are very accommodating. The rooms are clean and the beds soooo very comfortable. Pay extra for the steak dinner, it is worth your dollar. The courtyard is quaint and nicely landscaped.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Nampa, Idaho
Reviewed 27 June 2014

What a nice surprise. I am always concerned with older motels but this is a real exception. Nice people operate it, the rooms may be older but very well maintained, the steaks were just right. I can't wait until my next visit, planning that now.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Bourbon, Missouri
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I lucked out here - Best Western motel was full but very nice lady called the Konkolville and said they had rooms. abd she highly reccomended them .This motel is about 4 miles off Highway 12 and not really easy to fine when going north but if you pass the saw mill you have gone to far and when you return it is easy to spot just opposite the mill. This is a super stay. Rooms was very clean, beds are excellent, . Older property but has been upgraded to the max. Price is below market. Owners very friendly. Did not try the steak dinner but will next time. Some how wish this gem was not 1400 miles away so could visit more often. Stay here - its the best.

Room Tip: I suspect they are all good but we were in the area just off the office and it was a joy.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank emo3f2
reno
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Found this great place on the internet. Was on a motorcycle tour of some great twisty riding roads in the general area and lucked out with finding Konkolville. One criteria of a place to stay while on the bike is being close to places to eat. No cafe at the motel, but they did advertize a "cook your own steak". Was a bit nervous about the quality of the steak but figured I still had my own teeth and I could chew leather if I was hungry enough. They supply the steak, potato and salad. Joseph even seasons the steak prior to getting it on the grill for your to cook. Not sure where they get this meat, but it was delicious! If course the cook was good too.... One of the best steaks ever eaten and priced very reasonable. Sherry and Joseph Chapman (the owners) were super friendly and showed great pride in their establishment. My room was huge, clean, very comfortable and a bargain. I had somehow left my cellphone charger at home and Sherry found one that worked so I could recharge the phone and Kindle. Since its a bit on the outskirts of town I most likely would have missed this great place. When I head back into the area this will be my stop. Gotta love the name, all is revealed at the Konkolville Motel

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank gwwing
Lenore, Idaho
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We recently spent a night here, and enjoyed our stay.....it was full of State Baseball boys for the championship play offs. For high school boys and girls they were very well mannered and after 9pm all was quite. Even the Log/Lumber mill across the road didn't make much noise. We loved the fresh wood aroma waffling across to our room. They have a Grill-your-own steak, with a salad and a huge Idaho potato, with all the trimmings. We had to try it and were not disappointed. met other guests doing the same they, and the owners were friendly and helpful in all respects. If in the area would stay there again without question.

Room Tip: We did have the suite with access from our room to the pool, so can't comment on the other rooms...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mel E
Citrus Heights, California
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My wife & I stayed here for 2 nights as a get-away for my birthday weekend. We appreciated the cleanliness of the entire property. The bed was comfortable & the room very convenient. We also enjoyed the hot-tub -- very nice pool area here! The "grill-your-own" steak dinner is fantastic & a bargain as well. We'll be back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orofino
Best Western Lodge At River's Edge
Hearthstone Elegant Lodge
White Pine Motel
White Pine Motel
#4 of 4 in Orofino

Been to Konkolville Motel? Share your experiences!