“ideal location for me”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lower Bay
Kingsville Apartments
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lower Bay
Guelph, Canada
“ideal location for me”
Reviewed 10 March 2013

I hike and snorkell on my vacations. It took me a year to discover Kingsville. It's expensive for me at $100 a night, but luxourious. The apartments are well equiped. I just have to walk a few steps to be on Lower Bay beach. Many people there make their reservations for the next year before they finish their stay this year. There are quite a few people there I know from last year when I stay there. This year I couldn't afford to stay there. I usually spend one week at Kingsville and 3 weeks at Tranquility on St Vincent. Bequia has many more tourists than St Vincent. There are many more restaurants. I do a lot of hiking there. I hike to the highest peak, and the rocks between Princess Margaret and Lower Bay are quite something to snorkell in. You have WiFi at Kingsville, and they will do your laundry for a reasonable price. There is no market per se, except along the roads leading into downtown. I highly recommend the Lime Juice which you dilute and sweeten. Avoid the actual market, mostly people from Kingstown, looking to rip off tourists, but sellers on the street, I buy from them. Security is a problem. You can't leave your windows open at Kingsville, but you need AC for the night, so it isn't much of an inconvenience. I spend much of my time outdoors. There are two locks to every door and a safe in every room for money and valuables. The locals say that it is people from St Vincent who come on the ferry and stay overnight trying to rob people. They would never do that. There are two very dangerous plants on Bequia, the brasil plant and the Machineel tree you will see on the beach. I got hit hit by the Brasil plant last year, walking off the trail. I still have the scars of that encounter a year later. The staff at Kingsville told me what it was. They are very helpful, any experience you encounter. Next year I will try to stay there a week. Bequia is a semi dessert and it's a good introduction to St Vincent culture where I stay another 3 weeks.It's hard to travel from one culture to another. When in St Vincent I wish it was more like Ontario Canada. When I come back to Canada I wish it was more like St Vincent. Bequia is somewhere between those extremes, having adapted to mostly European tourists, but it's a very small island and after a week, I look forward to the wildreness of St Vincent

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Ian C

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Plymouth, NH
Reviewed 5 April 2012

If you are looking for a warm, clean, hospitable place to stay while appreciating the "second" home atmosphere--then come to Kingsville. This year marks our 8th or 9th stay here. As always within 2 days the staff become your friends, your neighbors will welcome you, and the sound of the "sea" will be heard. Bert and Kay are the epitome of hotel hosts. This year's staff, Martina (a 10 year veteran) and Anastasia (new last year) will greet you with the warmest of smiles, and always willing to assist. The villa staff do a great job keeping a clean apartment and are always willing to assist the guests in any way they can.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank RSolace1023
Barbados
Reviewed 4 May 2011

This was our second trip to Kingsville Apartments and I simply cannot say enough about this quaint, peaceful oasis in Bequia. The two bedroom apartment was very comfortable for a family with two kids. Plenty of room and spotlessly clean. We even enjoyed the use of a brand new barbeque in the garden. Our extended family stayed in a one bedroom cottage and it was perfect for them.
The location is excellent. The beach is right across the road and there are plenty of shade trees so that you can enjoy the beach without getting a sunburn. The Kingsville office has a good library so there is no need to trael with books - just pick one up when you get there. I enjoyed afternoons reading, snoozing and listening to my iPod under the trees on the beach. If you need a beach chair, then ask for Sylvan at De Reef or Keegan's up the road rent some too. Keegan's had an outdoor movie night with dinner and drinks but I never got there - not enough time to do everything. Next time I plan to do this though, as I thought it was an excellent idea.
The kids enjoyed snorkelling, fishing and swimming on Lower Bay and it was handy to have Mango's and de Reef on the beach for an ice cold cocktail when you needed to cool off.
There are good restaurants in Bequia and I would recommend Mac's pizzeria, Coco's, Fernando's and The Devil's Table (the reggae band that played on Saturday night were fantastic!).
All in all, Kingsville is the best spot for me and my family to vacation in Bequia. It has everything that you need to feel at home and their rates are reasonable. This year was our second trip and we plan to visit every year - hopefully more than once - from now on. We love Kingsville - you will too! Enjoy.
Best wishes and a big thank you to Kay and Bert King and the rest of the staff. Jason, Linda, Laurence and Kimberly Lampkin, Barbados W.I.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank islandgirl1972
Barbados
Reviewed 3 December 2010

Clean, comfortable place to stay. Good location and friendly staff. My only complaint was the housekeeping - a daily service would have been appreciated. I really don't want to make beds and sweep while on holiday. Otherwise, I enjoyed my stay. Thank you.

• Stayed March 2010
1 Thank islandgirl1972
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 28 October 2008

Fortunately we went with friends of ours, who have been here before. There were 6 of us in total. So 4 of them rented one of the 2 bedroom units (as they are all family). and we took a 1 bedroom cottage. Our friend is a p/t travel agent and since he and the others have been before they knew what the 2 bedroom cottage was like but had never seen the 1 bedroom. The real estate word for our cottage is "cozy'. The largest room was the bathroom. The air conditioner only cooled the bedroom down a little, but yet cool enough for sleeping. There was no room in the bedroom for clothes, and thank goodness I brought some hangers with me as there where only 3 in the little closet.. Our folded clothes had to stay in our suitecase, open in the "livingroom/dining area/kitchen all in one". So once we got settled we went to see our friends, and WOW what a difference. The 2 bedroom unit was hugh and because it was in a higher elevation than ours they were able to get quite that gale going if they opened the back door and the front door and windows. You could have put our cottage inside their kitchen/dining/livingroom area. Plus they had 2 large bedrooms and an average size bathroom. (their bathroom was a little bit smaller than ours).

I would never go again during our summer. Other than that we would go back but we would rent a 2 bedroom cottage.

• Liked — The bathroom, everything worked, we even had hot water.
  • Disliked — Our cottage was too small. No Pool. You have to rent a car in St. Vincent and ferry it over.
  • Stayed July 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank TravelLady101_8
London
Reviewed 20 October 2008

Stayed in a Kingsville self-catering apartment for a week. Apartment comprised a small kitchen/living room area, air-conditioned bedroom (with TV) and average-sized bathroom with a solar-heated shower (hot enough during good weather but a little tepid during overcast periods!).

It's clean, basic and charming, with its own balcony/terrace and a stone's throw from the beach and a very good bar.

Positives are:
* Perfect location for beautiful Lower Bay beach (stunning) and a great bar nearby
* Clean and comfortable, beach towels provided
* Good value

Negatives are:
* Lower Bay is a quiet area (particularly sleepy during rainy season!) with only one main bar/restaurant nearby. It's high in the mountains and you need to climb and descend a very steep hill before getting to Port Elizabeth, the hub of activity (bars/restaurants/shops/port). This walk takes about half an hour. Otherwise, a taxi is 20 EC dollars (about £4.50), or a bus is 1 EC dollar. We also managed to get a few lifts from friendly locals.
* Nothting bad to say about the accomodation per se

Look out for a lovely stray dog called Opelle, who will never leave your side once you say hello. Her owner died and the locals feed her (I think) but she is enjoys company!

• Liked — Beautiful location
  • Disliked — Mosquitoes!
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Opelle
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 10 August 2008

I can’t believe the previous negative review on this place. My husband and I have been staying at the Kingsville Apartments every February for the past 8 years. We find that the owners, Kay and Bert are always upgrading the accommodations and are responsive to any requests. We have traveled all over the Caribbean and have never been treated as well as by the owners of a property as we have by the Kay and Bert!

All the necessary amenities are provided in the picturesque bungalows to make your stay totally enjoyable. The kitchen is well stocked, the bedroom has AC and cable TV and the bathroom even has a hair dryer! We particularly enjoy dining on the small terrace in the evenings amidst the beautiful tropical gardens that surround the property. Truly a little bit of heaven!

The location is excellent for a short stroll to Lower Bay beach with its incredible azure calm waters and fine sand. There are many choices of nearby walkable restaurants with
Fernando's Hideaway being one of our favorites! Port Elizabeth is just a quick taxi ride away, or if you’re energetic it’s an invigorating walk up “Cardiac Hill” to town!

Bequia is a lovely friendly unspoiled island and we would recommend staying at the Kingsville Apartments for the best experience!

• Liked — Location and excellent hosts!
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank abacusgirl
Bequia Beachfront Villas
Bequia Beachfront Villas
#2 of 2 in Friendship
Keegan's Beachside Hotel,Apartments & Cottage

Been to Kingsville Apartments? Share your experiences!