La Quinta Inn & Suites - Pocatello
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Super 8 Pocatello(Pocatello)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$106
Hotwire.com
US$76
US$64
All reviewsopen hourswafflescookiessandpiper restaurantidaho fallsnice roomhotel staffhour poolfridge and microwavehot tubabove averageupon checkbusiness triphot breakfastroom keyroad tripbreakfast room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I stayed at the AmeriTel Inn three times this year due to my sister’s ongoing battle with cancer: 5 days in April, 9 days in June, and 3 days in October. I only have wonderful things to say about each of my 3 stays at AmeriTel Inn in 2011.

First of all, it is always very clean and quiet, the two top things I am looking for in a hotel. It doesn’t matter if the hotel is filled with people, or not, it’s always quiet. Plus the the hotel washes the covers on the bed, not just the sheets, every day. It makes for a clean & comfortable stay.

Another thing I always look for is a fitness facility. AmeriTel Inn has a 24 hour fitness center and pool. The fitness center has a variety of free weights, weight machines, and aerobic machines to choose from. My last visit I noticed that they had added even more equipment! Plus, if you need to work out or swim in the middle of the night, you can!

The breakfasts are amazing. Every morning there is an egg dish and bacon or sausage. You can make your own waffles. There are an assortment of muffins and breads, as well as fruit and cereal. Coffee, juice, tea...it’s all there. Just the breakfasts alone are worth the stay.

The location is great, right off the 15 freeway. Parking is always available. On Sunday morning, I was able to walk to church, not more than a 10 minute walk away, (2 are within walking distance). You can take walks out on a country road nearby, something I really enjoyed. There are convenience stores, gas stations, and restaurants all within walking distance.

And lastly, if you by chance end up with someone in Portneuf Medical Center, the local hospital, you can get a discount on your rate. The hospital is only a 7 minute drive away by freeway. AmeriTel Inn was a great place to return to after a long day of visiting. The people who work at the AmeriTel have been gracious and helpful during this difficult time.

I highly recommend AmeriTel Inn in every way. When you visit once, it is a place you'll return to often, as I do!

Room Tip: You can ask for a microwave and fridge.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank BedandBreakfastFan56
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Nice and clean and centrally located. Serves a very good breakfast. Not just cereal & coffee. Be sure to book directly with hotel so as not to get ripped off with Hotels.com or Hotwire.com, etc.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank BobCatTucson
Reviewed 4 September 2011

I stayed here to take a few tests- it was great. Room was beyond expectation and very sound proof (which I was worried about beforehand). Hotel staff even called me about an alarm clock I left behind so I was able to pick it back up afterwards.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Bob M
Reviewed 30 August 2011

I was initially comfortable booking at the AmeriTel even when others in our group opted for the Best Western across the street based upon the strength of the AmeriTel brand though there were a few newer reviews that gave me cause for concern. It turned out to be a decidedly negative experience, and I would not return to this property. A few of the "lowlights"--pun intended--were that when I arrived to our two-bedroom apartment (often not mentioned on the Web)--the main floor lamp in the living-room area had a switch knob that was completely broken off. As the rooms are already VERY dimly lit due largely to energy efficient but not helpful CFL bulbs and this was the light needed for the main table in that room--I called the front desk for maintenance. To their credit, they sent a maintenance fellow up promptly who had already brought a knob with him. Once he put it in, he realized that the bulb was burned out, too, so he had to go back to get a bulb. There was another bulb burned out, and he had to return to his "shop" to get a replacement. (After he left, I realized that yet another bulb--a main one in the apartment's kitchen area was also out but just didn't want to call them again.)

Much to my disappointment, I then discovered that while there were two bedrooms, which I assumed would have similar amenities, one was not only larger than the other but it was the ONLY one with a closet. There wasn't even a HOOK to hang anything on in the second bedroom. There were drawers but no bar to hang anything on, no closet, nada--making it extremely difficult to unpack and keep clothing in the proper condition. There were not enough electrical outlets and when I pulled out a nightstand to plug in a phone charger I saw that it was FILTHY behind the nightstand (photo available). There was an array of torn paper and other trash PLUS even a loose M&M or similar candy. (I later found that there was a used plastic bag/trash behind the TV console in the living area, too. I went to try to turn in the light on the other side and it doesn't go on. I call the desk and was told a previous guest likely left it unplugged to use the plug. Checking that should have been a part of room maintenance. As they already had an alarm clock and lamp that needed an outlet--there was no outlet available anywhere else in the room to plug anything in. Even after mentioning the dirt, candy, and other trash behind the nightstand to the front desk in the same call about the lamp in the bedroom I was assured she would tell her manager about it. Much to my surprise--the trash and candy and dirty plastic bag were still there the next day AFTER the room was presumably cleaned AND after I had left the room in the morning with the nightstand that had all of the dust and dirt behind it pulled WAY out, thinking it would force housekeeping to look behind it especially as I had already reported the dirt and trash behind it but when I returned the nightstand was just pushed back in place with all of the junk still there.

Then we move on to the bathroom. There is no privacy fan at all in the bathroom and while I was told it shares a ventilation system with around 12 other rooms it was not a good thing and the bathroom (lit again by weak compact fluorescent bulbs) was so dark that all of us found it difficult to see sufficiently in the shower, where we were trying to shave, etc. Again, energy conservation is a worthy cause but not when it makes it difficult to read or see what you're doing! While the apartment was "furnished"--there was not a single coffee mug or glass other than flimsy disposables wrapped in plastic (and no silverware) though there were bowls and an odd assortment of pans, etc. There would have been no way to know what you'd need to bring on your own with that strange collection that was lacking what most people would want to use. The bed was lumpy and SO worn out on the phone side of the bed (typically the phone side is the side to avoid in a hotel as most travelers sleep on that side but this was ridiculously sloped down and flat) that it required an effort to get out of the trough. The pillows were small and flat other than the dirty-looking large pillow marked in Magic Marker FOAM that was in the bigger room though no pillowcase that fit that pillow was provided. There were rooms without the "no smoking" sign on the door and the smell of cigarette smoke permeated the hallway--at least on the first floor.

While the hallway sign directed you down the hall for vending and ice--we could find a vending machine but never did find an ice machine on our floor and had to keep going downstairs to find it (and there was no sign directing you to where breakfast was served nor was I told where it would be when I checked in). The breakfast was good and the employee working that room was helpful and friendly. I know this is lengthy but thought it would help to get the comprehensive take on why this was such a disappointing stay. The lack of even a closet in the second bedroom might be acceptable for young kids if their parents are in the bigger room that had an open hanging area--but it certainly didn't work for adults sharing the apartment.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Soleil7799
Reviewed 28 August 2011

We opted to break up our drive from Salt Lake to Yellowstone over a couple of days and overnight in Pocatello. The good reviews of this hotel I had read during the planning process were spot-on.

The property is easy to get to from the interstate; getting back on the interstate poses no problems, either. The rooms are spacious, comfortable, and clean. Several restaurants are within a reasonable walk. The breakfast was good, as well. The only drawback was that the swimming pool was out of commisssion during our 1-night stay -- better that than a nasty pool, though.

Overall, this is a great place to take a breather en route to various vacation destinations.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family