“Very Clean” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Pocatello
Boise, Idaho
“Very Clean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

A clean hotel is the number one variable for me in any hotel and this one was CLEAN. Thank goodness. We have stayed at 3 of the 4 other hotel chains located within a city block to the AmeriTel and they were filthy and nasty and had a myriad of other negative issues, as well as being more expensive!

Besides being clean, the Ameritel had comfortable beds, excellent working air/heat units that weren't unbearably loud, room darkening shades that were fabulous, good TV, pool/hot tub that was open all night, and it was a quiet at night.

We had a very comfortable stay. We arrived about 30 minutes before "legal" check in time and the front desk clerk had us in our room regardless with a choice of rooms even.

We will always book at the AmeriTel from now on when we stay in Pocatello.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ang723

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Elko
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

My family and I traveled on May 12 th to Pocatello, Id. to see our racehorse so I scheduled a room at the Ameritell Inn based off of the Trip Advisor excellent reviews. At 3:35pm, I walked into the lobby and was ignored. I had to HAIL the front desk staff who was a man. He checked me in saying that he had misspelled my name, gave me my keys and the location of the room. Did not tell me anything about breakfast, amenities or what is being offered. My son who is nine, and myself took our luggage, hauled it to the end of the hotel with the keys not being activated. My son ran back ALL THE WAY BACK, the front desk man said that it happens when there is a cello phone near by. WE DIDN'T have a cell phone. My son ran back- the key didn't WORK AGAIN. Then I got mad, really mad. I Dragged our luggage back through the two buildings of the hotel to the Front Besk personal who IGNORED MY SON. I caught him talking on the walkie talky and IGNORED ME! I told him get off the walki talki and fix this key. HE WOULDN'T! Now I am late for my appointment. He sets me up with another room and DOESN'T Give anyone the keys! I hollered at him to take our luggage himself but he had a staff member who didn't do anything wrong be his guinea pig. The Man didn't give the keys to the room. AS the staff member hauled our stuff to the room, he REALIZED that there were not any keys to get in the room! So he had to go back and demand the keys! Then as we were getting into our room the staff member refused to put our luggage into our room, why because its not his job to help the customer. I told him that we were missing the crib. He told me that the time that we got back that it would be there. I left for my appointment.
AS we got back two hours later, NO CRIB and NO ACTIVITY play pen for our child to sleep in. I thought that since I requested it a week before and the staff member said that he would put it in, that it WOULD be there. NO.
My husband called in and we were delivered a BROKEN Play pen which my husband had to install himself. That mad him mad. The second play pen was given to us to install but he COULDN't because there were only TWO working lights in the room! They unscrew a light bulb in the room. ! My husband had to unscrew the light bulbs !
Next was the pool, freezing cold and I was told there were not towels because there was only one staff member that is working and it wasn't the front desk personal. Again we were told that there would be towels there for us - there weren't . We didn't know where breakfast was, what time and the front desk staff wouldn't give us a clue. We didn't even know when Check out was. I will be writing to the owner to discuss this staff member and the fact that they DID NOT have a full night booked because they had other room to give away to us when we couldn't get into the first room. I didn't buy the full night reply at all. The issues were taken to the front desk personal so they were aware of how bad it was for us.
I will never go back.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Montana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

We stayed at the AmeriTel Inn in Pocatello on the last night of our spring break trip. The lure of the 24 hr pool/hot tub was what clinched it for us after being on the road with kids all day. The night manager was very kind and friendly. The rooms were quiet, and very clean, beds comfy and the breakfast was amazing! Waffles, cereal, scrambled eggs, roasted potatoes, sausage, bacon, fresh fruit, pastries, yogurt, juices....something for everyone. And the coffee was great! The lady serving breakfast was very efficient and happily asked everyone how their stay was. Elevators to the upper floors were appreciated after a long day traveling. I would definitely stay there again. The manager of this hotel is doing a great job! The only thing wanting was a microwave and mini fridge in the rooms.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Michelle C
Hagerman, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

I travel often with my job, and have never met a better manager of any hotel than here at Pocatello, Idaho's Ameritel. Organized, Friendly, when on occasion I've left something in the hotel, he sends it to me via mail without a problem. The rooms are clean, quiet and the beds are WONDERFUL. Everything you would ever need and top notch service to boot. What a gem of a hotel. I would suggest this great place to anyone.

Room Tip: parking lot side because there is less road noise there.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Debbergh
Medicine Hat, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

This Ameritel in Pocatello is absolutely top notch. Our stay was 2 nights in one of the quietest hotels we have seen. The hot breakfast is amongst the greatest with scrambled eggs, bacon, ham, waffles and a nice assortment of juices. It is also attended by a super friendly lady who replenished the food as needed. Very nice clean rooms but a bit on the small side which is not an issue. Very clean rooms.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Ron T
Kipling. SK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013

Having stayed at many different hotels, I decide to try this place for something new. I was initially motivated to stay here due to the morning breakfast and the reasonable rate. First of all, fridges and micros are becoming fairly standard nowadays, but they were absent here. Second of all, there were a couple of issues with items broken,not cleaned ,or checked from the previous guests. Then there was the comical aspect of the room being obviously rearranged, and the TV armoire being stuck in front of a mirror? Anyways, nothing too serious.
Positive points included the pool, the elevator, and the location being close to restaurants, gas stations, liquor store, etc. Also I found the customer service to be excellent, and the breakfast to be quite sufficient.
In conclusion, there was nothing totally disappointing about our stay, but nothing that would draw me back next time I pass through.

Room Tip: Elevator, so any floor will do for those who need the extra convenience of handling luggage.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Widmarsh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2012

12/27/12-12/28/12 The complimentary breakfast was great. The employee working the breakfast, was wonderful! When she noticed my vegetarian daughter was disappointed that the regular eggs were being served in the same container as the ones with meat, she immediately cooked her some eggs & brought them to her in a bowl. We've never had such personal & considerate service at a hotel breakfast before. The room was nice, & the beds were comfortable. Although the hallway smelled a bit of cigarette smoke, our non smoking room did not smell at all. We only stayed one night, & did not use the other amenities available. We were happy with our stay & will most likely stay again.

• Stayed December 2012