“Loved the 24 hour pool”

La Quinta Inn & Suites - Pocatello
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Pocatello
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We were on a long road trip and the kids needed a break, the pool was just what they needed. The room was very comfortable, the water pressure was amazing in the shower. The pillows super fluffy. The breakfast was delicious and we didn't feel rushed though we got there close to closing time. Overall very good stay, we will return if we are through Pocatello again. :-)

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 July 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Ranchlifeadventure
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Note: Brief review only due to iPhone interface.

This hotel exceeded my expectations on almost all fronts. My room is large, the bed is very comfortable, and BONUS points for the fluffy feather pillows. I love the easy chair by the window, and if I were here with my kids, I would be grateful that the sink/vanity is outside the bathroom.

Breakfast is abundant and hot. Who could ask more? Pool and business center are open 24 hours. Check-in was efficient. Facilities are clean.

We noticed the smell of cigarette smoke and my travel companion mentioned it to a housekeeper. She replied that some rooms do permit smoking, but was there any concern about HER room? "No, it's fine." Good response.

I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Booked thru Hotels.com, this motel has a convenient location, is comfortable and clean. The hot breakfast is good. The only negatives are the noises you hear from other rooms (toilets, showers) and the motel employees who eat in the breakfast room and then sit around talking for long periods of time, taking up the tables. I feel they should eat and go. There were at least 12 of them at one time.

Room Tip: Get as far away from the pool as possible. Otherwise (on the first floor) you have a lot of traffic...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2013

A clean hotel is the number one variable for me in any hotel and this one was CLEAN. Thank goodness. We have stayed at 3 of the 4 other hotel chains located within a city block to the AmeriTel and they were filthy and nasty and had a myriad of other negative issues, as well as being more expensive!

Besides being clean, the Ameritel had comfortable beds, excellent working air/heat units that weren't unbearably loud, room darkening shades that were fabulous, good TV, pool/hot tub that was open all night, and it was a quiet at night.

We had a very comfortable stay. We arrived about 30 minutes before "legal" check in time and the front desk clerk had us in our room regardless with a choice of rooms even.

We will always book at the AmeriTel from now on when we stay in Pocatello.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ang723
Reviewed 14 May 2013

My family and I traveled on May 12 th to Pocatello, Id. to see our racehorse so I scheduled a room at the Ameritell Inn based off of the Trip Advisor excellent reviews. At 3:35pm, I walked into the lobby and was ignored. I had to HAIL the front desk staff who was a man. He checked me in saying that he had misspelled my name, gave me my keys and the location of the room. Did not tell me anything about breakfast, amenities or what is being offered. My son who is nine, and myself took our luggage, hauled it to the end of the hotel with the keys not being activated. My son ran back ALL THE WAY BACK, the front desk man said that it happens when there is a cello phone near by. WE DIDN'T have a cell phone. My son ran back- the key didn't WORK AGAIN. Then I got mad, really mad. I Dragged our luggage back through the two buildings of the hotel to the Front Besk personal who IGNORED MY SON. I caught him talking on the walkie talky and IGNORED ME! I told him get off the walki talki and fix this key. HE WOULDN'T! Now I am late for my appointment. He sets me up with another room and DOESN'T Give anyone the keys! I hollered at him to take our luggage himself but he had a staff member who didn't do anything wrong be his guinea pig. The Man didn't give the keys to the room. AS the staff member hauled our stuff to the room, he REALIZED that there were not any keys to get in the room! So he had to go back and demand the keys! Then as we were getting into our room the staff member refused to put our luggage into our room, why because its not his job to help the customer. I told him that we were missing the crib. He told me that the time that we got back that it would be there. I left for my appointment.
AS we got back two hours later, NO CRIB and NO ACTIVITY play pen for our child to sleep in. I thought that since I requested it a week before and the staff member said that he would put it in, that it WOULD be there. NO.
My husband called in and we were delivered a BROKEN Play pen which my husband had to install himself. That mad him mad. The second play pen was given to us to install but he COULDN't because there were only TWO working lights in the room! They unscrew a light bulb in the room. ! My husband had to unscrew the light bulbs !
Next was the pool, freezing cold and I was told there were not towels because there was only one staff member that is working and it wasn't the front desk personal. Again we were told that there would be towels there for us - there weren't . We didn't know where breakfast was, what time and the front desk staff wouldn't give us a clue. We didn't even know when Check out was. I will be writing to the owner to discuss this staff member and the fact that they DID NOT have a full night booked because they had other room to give away to us when we couldn't get into the first room. I didn't buy the full night reply at all. The issues were taken to the front desk personal so they were aware of how bad it was for us.
I will never go back.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We stayed at the AmeriTel Inn in Pocatello on the last night of our spring break trip. The lure of the 24 hr pool/hot tub was what clinched it for us after being on the road with kids all day. The night manager was very kind and friendly. The rooms were quiet, and very clean, beds comfy and the breakfast was amazing! Waffles, cereal, scrambled eggs, roasted potatoes, sausage, bacon, fresh fruit, pastries, yogurt, juices....something for everyone. And the coffee was great! The lady serving breakfast was very efficient and happily asked everyone how their stay was. Elevators to the upper floors were appreciated after a long day traveling. I would definitely stay there again. The manager of this hotel is doing a great job! The only thing wanting was a microwave and mini fridge in the rooms.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family