“Fantastic hotel”

La Quinta Inn & Suites - Pocatello
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Pocatello
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed overnight in the AmeriTel Innon our drive from Yellowstone to Moab. We arrived in the late evening, just in time to see the Fourth of July fireworks from the parking lot.
We are a group of seven, and stayed in their two bedroom apartment units. It was amazing! It was huge, bigger than most condos, spotlessly clean and very comfortable. The room also had three flat screen TV's. After a week in the wilderness without TV or internet, the kids did not want to leave.
The best feature was the 24 hour pool. After our drive, the kids headed straight to the pool despite the late hour. They also swam again in the morning before our departure.
Excellent hot buffet breakfast included.
We only wished we had more time to spend in Pocatello.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BertonU
Seth T, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites - Pocatello, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

I am glad that you had an opportunity to experience our two bedroom suite. I love that room. It is nice to be able to have three different TVs for a large family who wants to watch several different shows. That is awesome that you could see the fireworks from the parking lot. We are glad you had such a great experience with us. I am glad that you got to enjoy the 24 hour pool; I feel that is one thing that separates us from most hotels. Thanks again for your great words about our hotel.

There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites - Pocatello

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed 2 nights, one traveling down to Nevada and one night coming back. Very good place to stay, Clean, very comfortable beds, quiet. Staff were very friendly. Free Wifi. Very good breakfast that was included in the price. Cereal, eggs, bacon hash brown, fruit, waffles etc. Price was good too, 83 dollars per night for a room with 2 queen beds. We also received 10 percent off of our dinner bill at Applebees when we showed them our key card from the hotel. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank marian01

I love your review of our hotel. You highlighted all of the great amenities that we love to show off to our guests. I love our free hot breakfast, clean stay, comfortable beds, and (of course) the friendly staff. I am glad that you enjoyed your stays here with us, and we look forward to having you the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

The rooms are super clean and comfortable. We had a suite on the third floor and the price for the quality and size of the room was way worth it! My only gripe is that we kept getting calls from the front desk asking us to keep the noise down... Well the noise wasn't loud but ok, I'll be considerate. But they kept calling us asking to keep the noise down. Finally received a phone call at 3:00 AM telling us that they would call the cops if we didn't stop. Told the front desk they are crazy because everyone was asleep! Couldn't believe it took that long for these guys to figure it out. But the kicker is that the manager Seth, was completely incompetent and unhelpful when we talked to him about it the next morning. This hotel is a great stay! Just maybe need to get a new GM? Just saying.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

We are glad that you had a clean comfortable experience here at hotel. Thank you for writing your review, and I apologize about the issue with being bothered for a noise complaint that wasn't caused by anyone in your room. This issue was an oversight by us, and I apologize that you kept getting called for noise created by someone else. I have addressed this matter with our staff and we have done further training on how to better handle noise complaints in the future. Please feel free to reach out to me and let me know if there is anything else we can do for you. The number for the hotel is 208-234-7500. Thank you.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

The room were comfy, clean and pleasant. The hotel is located close to the highway and the access to the busy area of the town. The staff got me to our room quickly.

I will stay here again and I recommend it to anyone.

They had cookies at the front desk that were great after such a long drive.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jesse Y

A great recommendation goes a long way, and we are grateful that you feel you can recommend our hotel to anyone. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to fill out a review for us. I am glad that you had a comfy bed, quiet room, and pleasant experience. We look forward to having you the next time you come to town.

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Nice clean hotel. Rooms are comfy. Breakfasts are great...wayyy better than the continental breakfasts they serve at other motels. They also have an indoor swimming pool, although we didn't have the opportunity to check it out. Will definitely return when passing through pocatello in the future.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank ijoanne1979

Your subject line is a perfect note for people looking for a hotel in Pocatello. I appreciate the great review that you left for us. I agree that our free hot breakfast is exemplary. We are glad that you had such a good experience with us, and we value the loyalty of our guests. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

The staff at this hotel should be trainers for any hotels chain on "how to do it right" The staff is amazing especially the gal named Rosemary. we truly had an amazing stay that my family will never forget. The staff was kind enough to surprise my seven year daughter with a wonderful Birthday cake. I really am grateful for this since I was unable to plan anything since our trip took longer than what was expected. The hotel is sparkly clean, quiet and beds are super comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel to any travelers who are looking for the best accommodations at a good price

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jenny d

Rosemary was excited when she called me to ask about providing your family with a birthday surprise. It can be tough to be on the road during birthdays so I am thrilled that we were able to provide a little extra experience. Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel and leave such positive comments about Rosemary. I always love to be able to highlight one of my employees with a great guest comment.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This hotel worked for what we needed of it...a place to sleep for three nights, a pool to relax in and breakfast in the morning. This was delivered just fine with just a few hiccups. Positive: the staff was wonderful - pleasant, kind, informative...the breakfast was outstanding and the server was amazing - she remembered us the second morning! The warm cookies in the evening were yummy!
The room, while clean overall, left a few things to be desired - they obviously don't use an edger, as the carpet was filthy next to all the walls and between the furniture behind the trash cans/night stand...even found a condom wrapper under the edge of the bed. Ew. Also a used coffee pack was still in the coffee maker. Sadly, these types of things leads one to think that the room was speedily and not thoroughly cleaned. Ew again. I spoke with a housekeeper and suggested they work on that and she very sincerely apologized and said that she would let her manager know. Since I was alone with my girls, I wasn't happy that the side door was unlocked to the parking lot at all times even though you were supposed to use your key to get in - it was always unlocked...yet, the door from the pool to the outside deck WAS locked with a broken exterior access box...so if you let the door slam and no one was swimming, you'd have to go clear around the hotel to get back in.

Room Tip: Truly...rooms on the south side ARE quieter...rooms by Olympus Drive are quite noisy in the morning...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank laurannt

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled to hear your positive words about our staff. I agree that the breakfast attendants are amazing. I am glad that you got to enjoy our 24 hour pool, it is one of my favorite amenities of our hotel. I am sorry to hear about the cleanliness issue with the room. The wrappers left in your room were an unfortunate oversight on our part, and I apologize for that. We are committed to cleanliness and I am confident that the cleanliness issues you experienced were an oversight and not the normal. We hope to have you the next time you are in Pocatello for a clean great experience.